Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty sure the I don’t want to play RWB is bollocks, we would have to be the biggest bunch of idiots in football to ask a player to come to play RWB for him to say no then just carry on negotiating for weeks.
I suppose he could have changed his mind in the face of a bid from Barcelona. All smoke and mirrors obviously. I can well understand the frustration of not signing a player but Traore isn't one I would lose sleep over.

Conte: Fabio, I want a RWB. Get me Traore.
Paratici: Adama, we'd like you to become our new RWB.
Traore: Sorry but I don't want to be a RWB.
Spurs fans: FUCK OFF LEVY YOU TIGHT BALD CUNT !!1!oneone!

He would not have said I don’t want to be a right back now, this would have happened weeks ago, this is taking Conte, Paratici and Traore for fools.

I think he is here to the end of the season. I still say it will be the summer window that would be the making or breaking of the Conte/Levy love-in.

I don't think he'll be here after that.

They do this to every single manager and fuck about in every window. Are they really serious in taking Spurs to the next level or are they full of shit?

Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Pretty sure the I don’t want to play RWB is bollocks, we would have to be the biggest bunch of idiots in football to ask a player to come to play RWB for him to say no then just carry on negotiating for weeks.
Only 2nd guessing here but:
1. Moving from Wolves to Spurs is a good move for him, it's a no brainer (even playing RWB). Profile and size of the Club (this also means more $$ image rights etc) + playing for Conte + wages. It's a no brainier
2. But, this changes when another 'bigger" club comes in for you. Even more appealing when said Club is your boyhood Club, where you came all the way through the ranks from the academy + for the first time there is a very obvious path into the first team now they have sold their superstars + he will not be playing RWB.

There is also some other things at play here, as I understand it Barca actually still have to offload x2 players to enable this deal. They might have or are close to achieving this already but suspect that there is a possibility that there might be a bit more to come from this yet if they fail to shift out two players.

Think that this deal might have gone south a good few days ago because the noise around Doherty going back to them had all but disappeared. He's still a player that's been transfer listed and there appear to, not surprisingly, zero interest from other clubs.

Now drag that exchange out over 27 days and maybe you'll begin to see where some of the frustration is coming from?

They do this to every single manager and fuck about in every window. Are they really serious in taking Spurs to the next level or are they full of shit?

Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
Yes, they are(full of shit ,that is). I was late getting to Levy out party, but its clear we are just a guaranteed income(prem money) whilst they build their empire.
I was on the fence with ENIC and Daniel, but what with the ESL and other things i'm having to see what was right in front of my eyes in the first place.
Loads of people i know feel the same.
There has definitely been change in peoples view of them

Barcelona are not buying Traore and if they are it says how far they have fallen..

To me that seems a real stretch.

Not saying we will get him because we seem to be doing nothing other than planting headlines of interest.

you are actually falling for this "didn't want to play RWB" story????
No!

He's Spanish, has just received an offer to join his boyhood club, a club where he came all the way through the ranks of their academy to the first team before being sold, that's bigger than us, a Club that now all their megastars have been sold means he now has his best chance of playing regularly for them, which if happens will likely improve his chances of getting into the Spanish national team.

That's the reason he will sign for them instead of us.

If Barca weren't coming for him he would have probably signed for us, because playing for us is better for him than playing for Wolves. Bigger Club, higher-profile = more money and improved chances of playing for Spain, he would have agreed to join even if he was told that he was playing at RWB.

It's just if this Barca stuff is accurate not playing RWB would almost certainly be a bonus/cherry on the cake for him.

But the point still stands. Most managers if they are desperate for a deal to happen because this is the player they want, usually get on the blower in an effort to convince them. I wonder if he did. If he did he didn't do a great sales pitch.

Back
Top Bottom