Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The positive thing with Traore is he will always be part of the opponents game plan.. He will be man marked by at least one defender and sometimes two.
This takes players out of the game and allows more opportunities for our attacking players.
Royal and Doherty are left alone as opponents don't see them as a threat.
Against Watford recently, Royal had half the pitch to himself time and time again and they were happy for him to have the ball as his crosses were shocking.
This allowed their defence to concentrate on the threat in the box.
With Traore he will drag players out wide leaving gaps.

If he can improve his delivery and goal contribution (which he will under Conte) he will be an asset.

The positive thing with Traore is he will always be part of the opponents game plan.. He will be man marked by at least one defender and sometimes two.
This takes players out of the game and allows more opportunities for our attacking players.
Royal and Doherty are left alone as opponents don't see them as a threat.
Against Watford recently, Royal had half the pitch to himself time and time again and they were happy for him to have the ball as his crosses were shocking.
This allowed their defence to concentrate on the threat in the box.
With Traore he will drag players out wide leaving gaps.

If he can improve his delivery and goal contribution (which he will under Conte) he will be an asset.
Having been through the Nuno experience, the idea that a new coach could have him making more tactically intelligent decisions in possession and looking more connected to his teammates doesn’t strike me as totally crazy.

Bruno Lage not seeming to particularly rate him is a strike against that though.

He is an interesting player, of that there can be no doubt. He will not disappear into the background.

Having been through the Nuno experience, the idea that a new coach could have him making more tactically intelligent decisions in possession and looking more connected to his teammates doesn’t strike me as totally crazy.

Bruno Lage not seeming to particularly rate him is a strike against that though.

No, but a better manager in Conte seemingly does.

Being reported that we have agreed a deal for £20m plus £2.75m in add-ons.

Happy The Rock GIF

Wolves fan

Bobby Baggio

Senior Member​

“really surprised that he is going to spurs....is it really that a big a step up..other than wages ? i am guessing that they must be his only option but that just shows he just really wants to leave us or he would want to wait until the summer himself...where he will have more offers”

Funny GIF

I think he'll be a star, reckon we've missed players who get us off our feet and run and the opposition since Bale, obviously Bale's end product is on another level to Traore's but when he got the ball and took players on it really put our attack on another level.

Incidently another player we used to love was Aaron Lennon, funny thing is he averaged 1 goal in 12 and 1 assist in 5 for Spurs which aren't super great for a winger but I guess he played in an era where people weren't overly obsessed with stats like goal contributions, anyway people will always look at his stats and use that as a counter argument but I think stats don't ever tell the full story in regards to the effect he has on the team.

Back
Top Bottom