Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can practice on me first if you like

GIF by The Masked Singer

Can't say I'm overly enthused by his 'imminent' signing either.

What I find sort of amusing about this, is that any Tom, Dick or Harry knows signing this guy is a big risk considering his very poor stats. It's pretty simple isn't it, you want a player who's got 1) good stats and 2) is showing progression (NOT regression!) season by season.... It's hardly rocket science!

I would love to know how these small time Wolves pricks have come to the conclusion we are in a huge mess after 1 loss v Chelsea and Traore shouldn’t Join 🤦‍♂️ You do know we are still above you? With 1 game in hand. Proper small Willy syndrome these Wolves mugs

Can't say I'm overly enthused by his 'imminent' signing either.

It's TalkSport so, y'know, hyperbole central is to be expected - but 'huge risk' is unfair here. We're signing him for about 20 million (not a lot today, alas) and he already knows the league. He can either disappoint in terms of either goal/assist output or making our first XI better, but there's only so much he could devalue and his wages won't be enormous.

In retrospect, it's someone like Ndombele that ended up being the huge risk.

Is it fair to say that Traore can be like Kyle Walker with his running power and his strength, he could literally shut down the wing by himself IMO which is what Walker was known for and its not as of he had the best end product either.

What Traore lacks in final pass more than makes up for his power and pace, I remember many a time where Walker would cause absolute mayhem and put teams on the back foot because he was so fucking quick, sometimes that makes all the difference than just goals and assists.

I think we're gonna be frustrated by his end product but equally we're gonna benefit massively from his presence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom