Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barcelona has to find a way to resign Ousmane Dembele so they can spread his salary payments out in such a way as to free up the money to sign Traore. Right now that doesn't look likely. So Traore still could be available. But if Traore isn't keen on switching positions then you have a whole other set of questions to consider.

EVERY club with the exception of City & PSG gets who they want (and at PSG there is serious scrutiny about Leondaro's business as being shite). The others have also "failed" massively, even the richest Club's in the World have been utter tragic in their transfer business (Barca + Man U). Chavs on the face of it look to be great in the market, but it's never reported on their utter failures of Barkley, Drinkwater, Bakayako, Torres, Morata, Pulisic, Kepa, Lukaku, Werner, Saul etc.etc.etc... They failed in their bid to get Kounde in the summer. They can afford to make massive mistakes where other clubs can't but it's the other club's mistakes that get called out not chavs).

Only 11 players have been permanently signed by PL Clubs so far this Window!!!!! (5 of those are at Watford for players that I guess will not have any impact on the first team (the highest spent of those is £4.5m on a reserve keeper!!).
The greatest differentiator is that when a Chelsea player flops they don't spend the next three seasons trying to sell him in order to afford his replacement, and giving him constant run-outs in the vain hope that he might go on a run of form and they can recoup some of his cost.

Well, they made that mistake with Torres. Now they just move on from a player that's not performing.

The greatest differentiator is that when a Chelsea player flops they don't spend the next three seasons trying to sell him in order to afford his replacement, and giving him constant run-outs in the vain hope that he might go on a run of form and they can recoup some of his cost.

Well, they made that mistake with Torres. Now they just move on from a player that's not performing.
And it’s the way they have to operate because they are in fact very very stupid in their transfer dealings.

Totally unlike City.

If Conte wanted him that’s not a good thing even if you don’t personally like the player.

Also Conte wants players who buy into his system and fill his orders.
In those same reports it is said that he did not want to play the role Conte envisioned.

So most basic logic kind of suggests that Conte in fact did not want him.

Barcelona have lined up Wolverhampton Wanders winger Adama Traore as an alternative if they fail to land Juventus’ Alvaro Morata according to Catalunya Radio, ESPN and Diario AS.

It’s an unusual decision given they don’t play the same position. Adama is very much a wide player while Morata is a number nine. Adama has played 23 games this season and scored just once.

Morata is awaiting news from his representative Juanma Lopez, who’s back in Spain after a trip to Italy to speak with Juventus. They need to sign Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina to give the go-ahead for Barcelona, who also need to clear up the Ousmane Dembele situation, to sign Morata.

Also Conte wants players who buy into his system and fill his orders.
In those same reports it is said that he did not want to play the role Conte envisioned.

So most basic logic kind of suggests that Conte in fact did not want him.

Then why on Earth would we spend weeks trying to buy a player Conte doesn’t want.

Pretty sure the I don’t want to play RWB is bollocks, we would have to be the biggest bunch of idiots in football to ask a player to come to play RWB for him to say no then just carry on negotiating for weeks.

So from reports only these parts are true that fit your narrative?
How convinient is that, aye.

I don’t care that this player won’t wear our shirt but it’s so depressing that we have left an important deal late and then failed to sign the player once again. We have failed to deliver a player the manager wanted and will now have to scrabble around for someone else.

Our football operation is a complete shambles. No other club does their business in such an unconvincing way. Everyone misses out on players sometimes but I get the feeling that people at the club simply don’t understand how to sign a player properly.
Did the manager want him that much? did anyone?

Conte on Traore 18th January “Also if I repeat that this could not be the best opportunity but I think that we are in a situation where we have to try to implement the squad because the squad is not so big.

FYI - We've signed 14 players for 250m in the last three years .....

So from reports only these parts are true that fit your narrative?
How convinient is that, aye.

So then someone say he doesn’t want to play RWB you seriously think we would have asked Traore to come only for them to suddenly find out he doesn’t want to play RWB. You seriously take Conte, Paratici and Traore for idiots?

The source was Ornstein which has already been called out by other football journalists because it make absolutely zero sense.

So then someone say he doesn’t want to play RWB you seriously think we would have asked Traore to come only for them to suddenly find out he doesn’t want to play RWB. You seriously take Conte, Paratici and Traore for idiots?
These things aren’t always black and white.

Traore may well have been fine if wary of the idea of playing RWB then when his boyhood club comes along it’s clear that feels like the better avenue for his career.

Another reason to resolve business early, though for the right players, whereas this was a square peg in a round hole.

Our methods are wrong at every level. It’s pan-incompetence.

These things aren’t always black and white.

Traore may well have been fine if wary of the idea of playing RWB then when his boyhood club comes along it’s clear that feels like the better avenue for his career.

Another reason to resolve business early, though for the right players, whereas this was a square peg in a round hole.

Our methods are wrong at every level. It’s pan-incompetence.

I have no issue of Barca get him because he wants to go there, but no way on Earth would agree for him to come only to find out at a later date he doesn’t want to play RWB. That makes no sense unless we are idiots and didn’t explain his role at the club.

The source was Ornstein which has already been called out by other football journalists because it make absolutely zero sense.

I have to be honest- I was not behind that negotiations table.
I doubt you were either.

Might just be that he himself wanted to hold off for some other option where he would not be converted into defender? And if Barca offered that, he jumped aboard?
Spurs fans aside, who wouldn't pick Barcelona over Spurs? Specially from those who have come through their youth system. In all likelyhood they offered more money as well. Which is vulgar overpaying - quoted 25 mil is 3x value of a player who has one of the worst end product and footballing brain in the whole league.

Anyway, don't care what happened. Traore always was opportunistic option and only could have been worth a shot if he came on very favourable terms. We need technically good players in the side first and foremost. Those who can pass and cross the ball. He wouldn't fill those criteria anyway.

I have to be honest- I was not behind that negotiations table.
I doubt you were either.

Might just be that he himself wanted to hold off for some other option where he would not be converted into defender? And if Barca offered that, he jumped aboard?
Spurs fans aside, who wouldn't pick Barcelona over Spurs? Specially from those who have come through their youth system. In all likelyhood they offered more money as well. Which is vulgar overpaying - quoted 25 mil is 3x value of a player who has one of the worst end product and footballing brain in the whole league.

Anyway, don't care what happened. Traore always was opportunistic option and only could have been worth a shot if he came on very favourable terms. We need technically good players in the side first and foremost. Those who can pass and cross the ball. He wouldn't fill those criteria anyway.

I can accept him choosing Barca over us that’s fine but I doubt we would negotiate for a player who Conte doesn’t want nor ask him to come if he hate the RWB role, I don’t think we are that stupid, maybe we are but that would be disappointing.

Maybe there are better picks but the problem is this, if not Traore, who?

Conte seems to like Wingers converted to Wing Backs who can dribble well and provide width at least that is his history. The two remaining obvious ones are Lamptey and Livramento who are prem proven, beyond that we are taking gambles.

They are one of only THREE teams on the planet that can afford to do this though!! And the other two haven't even come close to spunking a world record fee of £72m for a reserve goalkeeper!!!

I can guarantee you that they do spend the next years trying to sell them, it's just they can't, no one wants them and no one can afford their wages. It doesn't affect them because it just gets siphoned off into the £1.7b debt account owed to Abramovic.

The club (Barca) with the largest revenue stream in the world (over DOUBLE Chelsea's) can't even compete with that!!!

Back
Top Bottom