Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

While im not a fan of no end product players and if he was to improve on that, he would have done it earlier, but there is always exception, and Muhamed Salah is one of them. Before Liverpool signing him, his end product wasn't that great, still miles better tgan Traore, but you get ny point. I won't lose any sleep over him, but to be fair he could have been used on both wings, and as a RWB too. We don’t really knows what the plans for him was.
Also its painful how Levy is doing his business and it was expected someone to show and steal it.
And maybe we should have gone for the loan + buy option, and not low balling and waiting so long.

That sort of seems a bit dodgy. Wolves loan out Adama and pay his wages and give an option to buy in exchange for an option to buy on another winger that has no goal contributions in 17 league games this season. And if Barca don't take up the option to buy then he only has 12 months on his contract and will go for even less? Jorge Mendes seems to do pretty well out of that arrangement though, getting paid twice!
But those wages get deducted from Trincao's value. So that way barcelona dont have to pay traore's wages but they get less money from selling trincao to wolves. Neither club loses in this scenario.

But those wages get deducted from Trincao's value. So that way barcelona dont have to pay traore's wages but they get less money from selling trincao to wolves. Neither club loses in this scenario.
Yeah I get that but Wolves sort of do lose out for the next 6 months since they've already got Trincao on loan and would be losing Traore. Agree that neither club loses out in the long run though :tanguythumb:

CLOSE THREAD!
fuck-off-fuck-this-shit.gif

I wonder what will happen if he bombs at Barca, so they don't want him permanently and life back there doesn't turn out to be quite what he'd dreamed about... I wonder if he'd then reconsider and come to us, if of course we still wanted him.

Maybe that's just me dreaming of the near impossible, but I was so excited about getting him, I know he would have been a risk but if it had worked he would have completely transformed how the whole team plays. Really sad to have missed out on him. :(

Traore would been fantastic under Conte Imo. Conte supposedly been after him since 2017? Levy had to though haggle the fuck out of him back to Spain last month over a few quids

He made AMs left and center look really bad yesterday. He's a menacing battering ram for a team of technicians and is going to serve Barca really well. You have to think he'd have done well for us too.

I wonder how close we were, and if his acquisition would have made the Kulu/Bentancur deal impossible?

He wasn't at his best but still dangerous. Even when his delivery is off he's a menace because you can never shut down that kind of pace, strength and dribbling, it's basically impossible unless you double up, and even then he will often find a way.

Where Wolves went wrong, imo, is expecting him to be a more modern forward. He's a down the touchline winger or wing back. Barcelona have him in a fitting role where he's asked to be direct and do the stuff he thrives at. 2 assists in 2 La Liga games, and won the penalty vs Napoli. He makes things happen.

Back
Top Bottom