Ade

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What does everyone think about the merits/demerits of signing Ade on a permanent deal?

+ He has the joint second-highest number of PL assists.
+ His work-rate has been excellent - he frequently tracks back and dispossesses opponents, leading to counter-attacks.
+ He has experience.
+ Functions well as a lone-man. Indeed, it could be said that we should try and stick more balls on his head in the final third!

- His finishing has been pretty shocking & his touch has also been generally poor. Only 11 goals from a massive number of chances. Even the chances he has put away have been largely shocking.
- He currently has an astronomical £170k wage bill & his stock has risen, so a sizeable transfer fee is likely.
- Second-season syndrome? He has a track-record of form tapering off after his debut season for a club.

I personally would like to have him around the club, but only as a last-resort if we can't find a AAA striker who can take us to that next level. With the amount of chances we create, we should be banging in the goals: how many would we have had this season with RVP in our squad . . . :levystare: ?

No way this will be sorted until we know who the manager will be next season.

I wouldn't really want Adebayor to sign permanently, I'm sure Levy and Redknapp between them could pick a much more prolific striker! Adebayor is a little lazy, has the first touch of a rapist (not the Woolwich one) BUT does have the odd good game (chelsea away, I think he played well and was unlucky to not score, Newcastle at home 5-0 game.)

It all depends on how much we sign him for and the wages. If we got him on 80-110k a week and under £15M, which is highly unlikely (IMO), then I say we sign him and look for another striker to run with him. If he still wants this 160k+ wage then I say we don't sign him and look for another option.

But hey, what do I know?

I think he was on ~170k at City, took a pay cut to play here on loan and has since said he would take another if it means he can stay. It's odd, because even when he's having a bad game he still contributes a huge amount, he still annoys me when he misses opportunities that any other striker in our team would probably score. Overall, he's our best striker because he brings so much to our game, but he's flawed as well.

There are better strikers out there, but none that we could get for as cheap.

I'm undecided.

Back
Top Bottom