Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/08/tottenham-emmanuel-adebayor-return-africa?CMP=twt_gu

André Villas-Boas, the Tottenham manager, was left frustrated as Adebayor encountered problems with his flights from Africa, where he had remained since Togo's elimination from the mid-season tournament by Burkina Faso on Sunday. The striker had been granted three days off by Villas-Boas after the defeat in the hope that he could return for training at 3pm on Thursday. The schedule came to be readjusted but the player still could not make it.
He did touch down in London on Friday afternoon but not in time for the session at the club's base in Enfield, leaving Villas-Boas to decide whether to name him as a substitute for the visit of Newcastle. Villas-Boas has kept his options open by including Adebayor in the 19-man matchday squad.

What the fucking fuck.

would not surprise me if he's sold in the summer cause of this and how he's been playing this season

I would be so angry if that was the sum total of his permanent career with us, purely because we know he can do so much better. He was unplayable for large parts of last season, one of the Premiership's best forwards not merely as a goalscorer but also as a creator. For him to go a whole season opting not to show us any of that vast talent... ugh.

With Balotelli in Italy, someone has to up the antics level of the PL.

I'm going to maintain that journalists, even at the Guardian, love the narrative of Adebayor as a lazy no-account who only tries when a contract renewal is on the line. And we don't actually know all the details here… someone complaining about a hotel bill, offering hearsay about private jets, etc. Haven't clicked on the link above, but I doubt it has much more detail.

If Adebayor was the catastrophic fuckup the journos like to portray him as, I don't think he'd be in any matchday squad, and he'd be suspended by the club. The fact that we "need" a striker (during which time we've collected four points?) should not trump the club's disciplinary policy.

TL;DR: CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

With Balotelli in Italy, someone has to up the antics level of the PL.

I'm going to maintain that journalists, even at the Guardian, love the narrative of Adebayor as a lazy no-account who only tries when a contract renewal is on the line. And we don't actually know all the details here… someone complaining about a hotel bill, offering hearsay about private jets, etc. Haven't clicked on the link above, but I doubt it has much more detail.

If Adebayor was the catastrophic fuckup the journos like to portray him as, I don't think he'd be in any matchday squad, and he'd be suspended by the club. The fact that we "need" a striker (during which time we've collected four points?) should not trump the club's disciplinary policy.

TL;DR: CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

I'd like to agree with you. The link above doesn't offer any hearsay though, it simply states he touched down late today and thus didn't train. His last game was four days ago. Doing the math, it does really seem something is amiss here.

Adebayor’s antics are in stark contrast to Manchester City stars Yaya and Kolo Toure, whose Ivory Coast team also got knocked out of the South Africa-hosted tournament last Sunday.
The Toures were back in Manchester by Wednesday and are in contention to play for the Premier League champions on Saturday evening against Southampton.
Adebayor, however, did not even leave his hotel in Mpumalanga, South Africa, until Wednesday.
During the time he has been absent, his Tottenham team-mate Clint Dempsey has flown to the central American nation of Honduras - and back again - to play for the United States in a friendly.
:gallas:

Ade shouldnt start imo now.Sends out the wrong message.No matter what you do you will still be in the starting line-up.No.That's no good.I'd rather Clint started.That man works his socks off every game for the club.

14d1340403489-humorous-pic-shows-evolution-tablets-let-facepalms-commence-picard-facepalm_o_gifsoup.com.gif

Alright chumps, what the fuck is all this Adebayor bullshit about?

I've been at an aluminum engineering conference all this week and I'm fucking chomping at the bit to watch some Spurs. If Adebayor continues this shit I'll be seeking vigilante justice.

Togo were knocked out of the African Nations Cup on Sunday night, news which was music to the ears of Tottenham fans after Jermain Defoe's injury hours earlier.
But as with most situations surrounding the Togo national team, the journey home was not quite so simple.
The troubles began after the game, when on Monday, South African authorities accused to Togo players of causing damage to a hotel room in which they were staying following the defeat.
The when they arrived at the airport, the players refused to board the flight which had been chartered by the Togolese FA.
They did not like the fact it would have to fly to Johannesburg from Nelspruit before heading to Paris, and began demanding alternative arrangements, arguing the diversion was a waste of their time.
To resolve the solution, Adebayor took matters into his own hands, or more accurately, his wallet.
As reported by Brazilian website LanceNet, the Tottenham striker raided his own bank account to hire a private jet to take the players directly to Paris.
With the team's players almost entirely playing their club football in Europe, Paris was a logical destination, and left the striker with a simple trip to London.
They boarded this one without problem, with the team far happier with the solution, even if Adebayor was slightly less richer, although you suspect on his astronomical wages, it was just a drop in the ocean, but it is likely the principle and inconvenience which will frustrate the striker.
Adebayor had to be talked into attending the tournament by the nation's president after a row over pay and conditions for the players had escalated, and you suspect this latest incident will only add fuel to that fire.

:adestare:

Here is Kelvin0092's comment from this article. I'd appreciate it if someone could run it through google translate for me.

"as a spurs fan...i see no reason why dis dude finks he's so bigger dan d clubside...yaya toure n co have arrived amid-st their current club state but our so called "senior striker" finks he's untouchable!..anywaiz dat serves AVB and Stupid Levy right 4 not getting a striker in the transfer market @least he wouldn't be full of himself now and 4 d records some players dont realize that pride comes before the fall. Ade you can s*** my d***. #rubbish!!!"

you're not the only one making excuses & I don't blame you for being sceptical everyone knows what the media is like. It's just in some peoples minds it seems like he can do no wrong.

Back
Top Bottom