Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs sammyspurs If you are wondering why the disagree;

No way should Adebayor ever be described as a "Yiddo". He has never earned that tag and should be reserved for true players.

Each their own....personally I'll chant it at anyone who wears our shirt, scores against them, then starts dancing the Mickey Jackson while they are foaming at the mouth screaming "fuck off you wanker....cunt!!!"..

Reminds me of when my local paper growing up did a "Best things to do in Thanet" (my hometown) Number 1 was take a ferry to France!! He wasn't a yid when he did the city thing!

:adegrin2:

Best Things to do in Thanet... I'm struggling to think of anything other than the quite nice beaches between Broadstairs and Ramsgate.

:gallashmm:

Tottenham's Emmanuel Adebayor understands why West Ham loan was blocked
Last Updated: 05/02/15 8:26am

Emmanuel Adebayor has told Sky Sports News HQ that he can understand why Tottenham blocked a deal with West Ham United on Deadline Day.

He has also responded to the booing aimed his way by sections of the Spurs support following a home defeat by Stoke in November, saying his post-match comments were ‘twisted’ by journalists.

Adebayor did not feature for two months after the 2-1 defeat by Stoke until making his return in the 2-1 win over Sunderland on 17 January.

The striker stayed at White Hart Lane during the transfer window despite a late offer from West Ham; chairman Daniel Levy was understood to be unwilling to help a rival for a top-four finish by subsidising the player’s salary.

Adebayor said: "Everything happened in the last 48 hours although the window was open for a month. The club decided to send me out on loan which I was pleased with.

“There were five good clubs who were interested and I narrowed that down to three and then one that I wanted to go. But Mr Levy was against that because it was a rival club. So I am staying here, and I am happy to stay at the club and do my job.”

As to the fans' response after the 2-1 loss to Stoke, when it was suggested that Adebayor preferred to play away from White Hart Lane, he insists his comments were misinterpreted and he still craves their support.

"I am very sad about the booing but we lost a game against Stoke City at home which I was very not very pleased about. If you play for Tottenham you want to finish in the top four so, no disrespect to Stoke, but we should have beaten them.

“After the game I was a little upset about the way we played and everything and I spoke to some of the journalists and I gave them some answers and they twisted it.

"Most of the fans believe what they read and I came out clearly and said I did not mean to hurt anyone because at the end of the day I understand how much they pay to come and watch.

"A player playing with confidence is better than a player playing with doubt in his head. If anyone thinks I am not appreciative of their support then that is a lie. They are the ones that make me run more, that make me want to score goals. Saluting a goal in front of the fans is one of the most beautiful moments in a player's life.

"They had a bad interpretation of what the journalist put in but I think we have to forget those things and we have to move on."

Adebayor was also keen to express his thanks to Mauricio Pochettino after the Tottenham head coach allowed him to return to Africa for personal reasons at the beginning of December.

He said: "I was out of action for a year but it’s only for a week or 10 days that I went back home to sort out some family issues.

"I went to Africa to talk to some people I needed to talk to – then I came back but then I was sick and injured as well. For some people who don’t see me on the TV for long it must seem longer – but it only took me a week or so to go home and sort out my problem."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...yor-understands-why-west-ham-loan-was-blocked
Interesting words. As an Ade criticiser it's good to hear.

Here is the deal, the bloke is not obliged to leave. He is on a wage that the club agreed to pay. He does have family who are settled in London. Who the fuck would want to play for QPR?

The fella is divisive, no question about it but I do sometimes wonder if people just want to hate him.

There is far more to the bloke than meets the eye, and whilst I have been frustrated by him, and his comments earlier in the season were unwise, although quite possibly right - the atmosphere has been toxic - I can't for the life of me see any positives in booing him.

I'd far sooner we sing his name on the weekend, against a group of Melvin's who hate him because of something that doesn't even come close to what Judas did to us, and see him put in a proper shift, against a team he loves to score against.

It's all about the bigger picture, so support the team, and support the players would be my message.

There, I've said it and can't take it back.

Well said. No gripe with him regards going QPR / Qatar etc. We gave him the contract. Main issue is he has been wank at football recently. Needs to improve!

Never heard of a player being booed by both sets of surporters, and why anyone would pay money for this shit mercenary is beyond me.
His track record is turn up , play and score for a while, get his feet under the table then go missing, piss off back to Togo and come back with no form or fitness.
Wonder why we despise him COYS

Never heard of a player being booed by both sets of surporters, and why anyone would pay money for this shit mercenary is beyond me.
His track record is turn up , play and score for a while, get his feet under the table then go missing, piss off back to Togo and come back with no form or fitness.
If that is the reason why you despise him you need help fella, shame.

No his track record is, whatever he does or says is completely ignored unless its negative.

Plays well, scores goals, apologises to fans, explains his position and says he was misquoted....people dont give a shit.

Plays poorly, says something like "juju" and everyones ears prick up and they start acting like dogs with rabies over it.

Edit: a couple of his biggest detractors have actually said fair play to him today.....so fair play to them.

Last edited:
So thats both Freidel and the manager now coming out and saying they love Ade.

Time to set up a page on Snopes for Adebayor?

just-be-wrong-just-stand-there-in-your-wrongness-and-be-wrong-and-get-used-to-it.gif

So thats both Freidel and the manager now coming out and saying they love Ade.

It will be ignored, and put down to PR.

Some people will never accept him, because of the gooner thing. Thats why they also despise Harry Kane, Clive Allen, and Pat Jennings, and would still hate Adebayor if he scored 20 goals between now and May.

:pochbye:

It will be ignored, and put down to PR.

Some people will never accept him, because of the gooner thing. Thats why they also despise Harry Kane, Clive Allen, and Pat Jennings, and would still hate Adebayor if he scored 20 goals between now and May.

:pochbye:

I get people "not accepting him" but it would be nice if, at least for the remainder of the season (or even just this one game) people don't boo him. Rather concentrate all our hatred on those Woolwich cumbag guttersnipes

I get people "not accepting him" but it would be nice if, at least for the remainder of the season (or even just this one game) people don't boo him. Rather concentrate all our hatred on those Woolwich cumbag guttersnipes

This to a tee. I dont care what you think of any player, but to boo a Spurs player entering the game, just makes you a cunt to me.

And wanting him gone is fair enough. Will you boo him though?
Never. Have said many a time I despise booing. Always go back to this anecdote...

When I was maybe 11-12 I saw the majority of WHL boo Timothee Atouba horrendously after Cruyff turn number 547 in our own box. He was visibly disturbed and looked like he was going to cry. I remember feeling so bad for him. Just didn't understand (still don't) how such collective negativity can positively help the outcome of a game. It certainly done Atouba in, don't think he played much after that.

That said, there was one time, I didn't boo myself, but understood others that did, when we lost at home to Norwich the other year, it was the most abject, pathetic performance I've ever seen, and I've watched Woolwich play the top 4 a lot. The team needed to know it wasn't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom