Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah....so....exactly like I said, he chose the gooner scum, when he had other offers.

I love the way you word it......"dragged his family halfway across the country"

LOL....he's from fucking Northern Ireland, and was playing in London for fucks sake. Yeah, Im sure playing for Man U would have been hell.

From Northern Ireland, settled in North London, why should he leave?

Quite frankly disgusted by the amount of you who think its ok to leave Spurs for The Scum because it was convenient. At least Sol Campbell went for trophies...you must really be backing him then.

Again, he didn't leave Spurs, Spurs left him. The fact you even try to compare Jennings' situation to Cuntbell show that you are just being a cock about it.

From Northern Ireland, settled in North London, why should he leave?
So he didnt join The Scum
Again, he didn't leave Spurs, Spurs left him. The fact you even try to compare Jennings' situation to Cuntbell show that you are just being a cock about it.

Haha..Spurs didnt leave anything. The club stayed at WHL where we´ve always been. Pat went to Highbury.....like Sol Campbell did.

The fact you think its ok to leave Spurs and spend 8 years at Woolwich when Utd wanted him, says a lot about you.

Of course its nonsense......people have swept under the carpet his 8 years at The Scum as if he was going to watch his children starve to death if he didnt join them.
Its nonsense that people post a video in his defence......in which we are told he could have joined joined Utd, Villa or Ipswich, but refused, and chose Woolwich.
Its nonsense that people think its ok to leave Spurs for them "because it was 70s" basically.

A time when the NL rivalry was a lot more fierce and local than today.

Call him a legend all you want. He hasnt got a scratch on the likes of Ledders for me though.
Do you have kids of your own Sammy? If you do, then even you will realise that any parent will do the best for their kid(s) they can. If I was told I was being made redundant (which is basically what the club told Jennings) then I would look for a similar job nearby so as not to uproot my children from their school, their friends & move heaven & earth to preserve their security- even if it meant working for a company I didn't like. I wouldn't move half way across the country just so I didn't have to upset the former employer, who didn't want me in the first place! But, each to their own. I'm sure you'd practice what you preach & move your whole family across the country on the principle that your ex employer, having made you redundant, might hold it against you if you went to a local competitor.

Do you have kids of your own Sammy? If you do, then even you will realise that any parent will do the best for their kid(s) they can. If I was told I was being made redundant (which is basically what the club told Jennings) then I would look for a similar job nearby so as not to uproot my children from their school, their friends & move heaven & earth to preserve their security- even if it meant working for a company I didn't like. I wouldn't move half way across the country just so I didn't have to upset the former employer, who didn't want me in the first place! But, each to their own. I'm sure you'd practice what you preach & move your whole family across the country on the principle that your ex employer, having made you redundant, might hold it against you if you went to a local competitor.

That is the most desperate thing I think Ive ever read.

I dont give a fuck what you would do in your non footballing working world. Working for Volkswagen and leaving to work for BMW is not really the same thing.

This has become a farce. He chose Woolwich over Utd...live with it.

That is the most desperate thing I think Ive ever read.

I dont give a fuck what you would do in your non footballing working world. Working for Volkswagen and leaving to work for BMW is not really the same thing.

This has become a farce. He chose Woolwich over Utd...live with it.
You really are the desperate one. You will use any lame argument just to back up an already lame argument.
1- Pat Jennings hosts the legends tour. The club obviously think he deserves the moniker.
2- he was not wanted by the club & left to go & work somewhere else at a time when apprentices weren't on £5-10k a week. You get over it.

Why has he upset you so much? Was he still our number one the last time you visited the Lane or something?

You really are the desperate one. You will use any lame argument just to back up an already lame argument.
1- Pat Jennings hosts the legends tour. The club obviously think he deserves the moniker.
2- he was not wanted by the club & left to go & work somewhere else at a time when apprentices weren't on £5-10k a week. You get over it.

Why has he upset you so much? Was he still our number one the last time you visited the Lane or something?

Therein lies the difference in how fans and professional footballers can perceive associations to football clubs.

A view of a fan..... clearly and heavily swayed by emotional feeling for the 1 club they support

Compared to the footballer (in an age when there weren't mega bucks floating around and they quite likely couldn't afford to be so choosey) that has to consider many other factors just to earn cash for his family or keep his kids in the same school etc. Hell the guy could be like a lot of blokes and had his decision heavily influenced / nigh on made for him by his wife.

But yeah, he should ignore his missus just to keep us all happy (hypothetical situation lol - don't really know the reasons for his choice)

Man U, Villa and Ipswich wanted him. Wage argument is a non starter. He would have had work, and been paid well for it.

As for the club says hes a legend.....the club says Kaboul and Ade are captain material....so deal with that then and I´ll deal with Pat being a hero......for them and us.

40BA5C28-E00B-4856-BD70-783AE7382765.jpg

Ok...Spurs dropped him off at Highbury, bound and gagged in the back of a Cortina and said "if you join Utd we´ll kill your family"

Got it.

And so we arrive here. When in doubt, concoct a ridiculous extreme to make your point eh Sammy?

Honestly, if you feel there is a comparison between a guy who was released by the club going on to play for the goons, and a guy who lied to everyone about staying, just to run down his contract and pick up a big payday at the goons, then you're an idiot, or are just in one of your argumentative moods...because as always I'm at the point of wondering if I'm being trolled by a bored guy on the internet or if you really do have issues that skew your sense of reason.

This discussion has reached the point when the debate can only be won by one side calling the other side a Nazi.

Godwin's law (or Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"[2][3]— that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism. Despite described as universal regarding the subject of the discussion, the Godwin's law is more likely to be applicable to social topics (including politics, law, religion, etc.).

And so we arrive here. When in doubt, concoct a ridiculous extreme to make your point eh Sammy?

Oh Im not in doubt. It takes a ridiculous reply when someone says "Pat Jennings didnt leave Spurs. Spurs left Pat Jennings" when trying to justify him joining Woolwich over Man Utd...so..

And I havent said there is no difference regarding Sol Campbell, I said they both chose to go to Woolwich when neither had to go there. Is there something you disagree with that last part?

Do you deny he could have gone to Villa, Utd or Ipswich?
Do you think he would have been poorly paid there...not enough to feed his family?

So, I guess that leaves the argument "it was convenient because he lived in London."

What a wonderful reason to shit on all those supporters who idolised him.

Last edited:
Well it takes a ridiculous reply when someone says "Pat Jennings didnt leave Spurs. Spurs left Pat Jennings" when trying to justify him joining Woolwich over Man Utd...so..

And I havent said there is no difference regarding Sol Campbell, I said they both chose to go to Woolwich when neither had to go there. Is there something you disagree with that last part?

Do you deny he could have gone to Villa, Utd or Ipswich?
Do you think he would have been poorly paid there...not enough to feed his family?

So, I guess that leaves the argument "it was convenient because he lived in London."

What a wonderful reason to shit on all those supporters who idolised him.

Bill Nick resigned and went to work as an advisor for WHU - surely you're not suggesting.....

Interesting that the average weekly wage in the UK in 1978 was £68, and the average wage for a first division footballer was £330.

So Pat Jennings would have earned on average, nearly 5X more money than the average working man.

Poor thing having to move house for that.

Last edited:
Man U, Villa and Ipswich wanted him. Wage argument is a non starter. He would have had work, and been paid well for it.

As for the club says hes a legend.....the club says Kaboul and Ade are captain material....so deal with that then and I´ll deal with Pat being a hero......for them and us.
I think you'll find Poch chose his captain & vice captain. Are you going to give him a tongue lashing as well?

Back
Top Bottom