Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Link has been deleted - cached version for anyone now curious (like me) as to what it said

“When he arrived, he asked for a shot of whiskey in his coffee!” – Lyon boss explains why Adebayor transfer fell through

Lyon manager Bruno Genesio has lifted the lid on the sequence of events that led to Emmanuel Adebayor‘s potential move to the club falling through.

The former Woolwich, Manchester City and Tottenham striker has been without a club since being released by Crystal Palace in the summer and was thought to be closing in on a switch to Lyon over the weekend.

However, Genesio pulled the plug on any potential deal at the last minute and swooped for youngster Jean-Philippe Mateta instead. Furthermore, in an interview with Football France, he revealed that some of Adebayor’s demands made an agreement between the two parties virtually impossible.

“Yes it’s true we signed the young Mateta, but there was still room for Manu [Adebayor]!” he explained

“So we decided to meet in Lyon over coffee … Surprise, when he arrived, he asked for a shot of whiskey in his coffee! And he had the cigarette hanging out his mouth …

“Anyway, the interview started badly, but I was ready to listen: this is still a guy who played for Woolwich, Manchester City, Real Madrid … But afterwards it only confirmed my initial opinion: Manu had no place at OL. ”

“Salary asside, it was a bit expensive, but considering the standing of the man, we were ready to make concessions,” said club president Aulas.

“But you must know, he asked for helicopter to take him to training and Joël Robuchon as personal chef but also a villa with a pool overlooking the Corsica! But of course …

“And the best for last: when we were ready to give it the No.9 shirt, he asked us to wear the 10, that of Alex Lacazette, our flagship player with Nabil Fekir and Jeremy Morel! At that time, we said stop, bye bye Manu.”

I thought Pardew was going to man manage Adebayor back to greatness.
The man must have a mental illness if he thinks that he can make demands like that.
What has he achieved in football?
A Cope del rey at Real and a CL losing finalist medal for Monaco.
Yet he makes messiesquse demands.

Link has been deleted - cached version for anyone now curious (like me) as to what it said

“When he arrived, he asked for a shot of whiskey in his coffee!” – Lyon boss explains why Adebayor transfer fell through

Lyon manager Bruno Genesio has lifted the lid on the sequence of events that led to Emmanuel Adebayor‘s potential move to the club falling through.

The former Woolwich, Manchester City and Tottenham striker has been without a club since being released by Crystal Palace in the summer and was thought to be closing in on a switch to Lyon over the weekend.

However, Genesio pulled the plug on any potential deal at the last minute and swooped for youngster Jean-Philippe Mateta instead. Furthermore, in an interview with Football France, he revealed that some of Adebayor’s demands made an agreement between the two parties virtually impossible.

“Yes it’s true we signed the young Mateta, but there was still room for Manu [Adebayor]!” he explained

“So we decided to meet in Lyon over coffee … Surprise, when he arrived, he asked for a shot of whiskey in his coffee! And he had the cigarette hanging out his mouth …

“Anyway, the interview started badly, but I was ready to listen: this is still a guy who played for Woolwich, Manchester City, Real Madrid … But afterwards it only confirmed my initial opinion: Manu had no place at OL. ”

“Salary asside, it was a bit expensive, but considering the standing of the man, we were ready to make concessions,” said club president Aulas.

“But you must know, he asked for helicopter to take him to training and Joël Robuchon as personal chef but also a villa with a pool overlooking the Corsica! But of course …

“And the best for last: when we were ready to give it the No.9 shirt, he asked us to wear the 10, that of Alex Lacazette, our flagship player with Nabil Fekir and Jeremy Morel! At that time, we said stop, bye bye Manu.”

I believe all of this.. really! like .. a French Daily Mash :vertna::myword:

C2iEb5YW8AE0w1U.jpg

:pochwtf:

He's done a lot of talking today.

http://www.football365.com/news/adebayor-discusses-his-spells-at-Woolwich-and-spurs

Emmanuel Adebayor has discussed his fond memories of playing for Woolwich and Tottenham.

Adebayor first moved to the Premier League in 2006, with Woolwich spending a reported £3million on the Monaco striker.

He joined in January and scored four goals in 13 games in his first half-season, before bagging 12 in 44 the following campaign.

But the 32-year-old looks back on the 2007/08 season as his best, as he scored 30 goals in 48 games.

Woolwich failed to capitalise on his excellent form however, finishing third in the Premier League, reaching the Champions League quarter-finals, the semi-finals of the League Cup and the fifth round of the FA Cup.

“At Woolwich I reached a time when everything I was doing turned into goals,” he told The Guardian. “We all have that – the one, two or three years where you are right at the top. We should have done it that year, but missed some experience and the team was quite young.”

He would leave Woolwich in 2009 to join Manchester City, but he played just 45 games across two seasons for the club.

Adebayor then joined Tottenham on loan in 2011, earning a permanent deal in 2012, before leaving after being forced out by Mauricio Pochettino in 2015.

“I’m happy for Pochettino and how they are doing,” he said. “Things didn’t work out between us but he is a great manager and we still have a good relationship despite what people might think.

“We still keep in touch – he is a good guy and has changed Tottenham. I don’t know whether the fans there hate me or love me but they should remember one thing, which is that there was a time when I scored goals for them and made them happy.”

and....

Adebayor can't explain his 'bad reputation' in England - Football365

Emmanuel Adebayor acknowledges that he has a “bad reputation” in England, but he cannot understand why.

Adebayor is currently at the Africa Cup of Nations with Togo, but is without a club after leaving Crystal Palace in the summer.

The 32-year-old has made 242 career Premier League appearances across spells with Woolwich, Manchester City, Tottenham and Palace, scoring a total of 97 goals.

He left Palace after scoring just once in 15 games however, and cannot explain his “bad reputation” in the country.

“You know me well enough – I love England, love the Premier League and want to find a way to get back there,” he told The Guardian. “I want to hit the top level again, that’s for sure. If not, I just want to play football and have fun, so if I get an offer somewhere then I’ll go.

“I have a bad reputation in England and I don’t know why. Maybe it’s something that has just followed me.

“But one thing I always say is that 90% of the people I’ve played with would say I’m an amazing guy, a great team-mate. Other people, those who work on the gate at every stadium I’ve played at, will tell you I am a humble guy and a nice person.

“But the press will say what they want, and in my career I’ve been unfortunate enough to have a lot of negativity.”

“But one thing I always say is that 90% of the people I’ve played with would say I’m an amazing guy, a great team-mate. Other people, those who work on the gate at every stadium I’ve played at, will tell you I am a humble guy and a nice person.

“But the press will say what they want, and in my career I’ve been unfortunate enough to have a lot of negativity.”
He's like the Togolese Donald Trump! :adegrin:

Back
Top Bottom