AFC's Wimbledon's struggle & return to Plough Lane documentary

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got done watching another great documentary from Copa90, this one focusing on AFC Wimbledon, their former club's demise and their new club culminating in them returning to their old, but new ground last month after around 30 years.

For me, no fans in England have went through more crap in the past 30 years than Wimbledon fans, I know they're a fellow London club and we should by default hate them, but from having their ground taken away from them, to their club taken away from them, to having to start from scratch and basically start from the bottom, I'll admit it brings a smile to my face to see them get to return back to their home after so long.

Honestly...tin pot. Got big in the 80’s but are just a small club.

they played the FA cup semi against Luton at the Lane. Luton had twice their numbers and Wimbledon couldn’t even fill half the Paxton terrace. And that was their glory days! Check the highlights on YouTube, pathetic

Just got done watching another great documentary from Copa90, this one focusing on AFC Wimbledon, their former club's demise and their new club culminating in them returning to their old, but new ground last month after around 30 years.

For me, no fans in England have went through more crap in the past 30 years than Wimbledon fans, I know they're a fellow London club and we should by default hate them, but from having their ground taken away from them, to their club taken away from them, to having to start from scratch and basically start from the bottom, I'll admit it brings a smile to my face to see them get to return back to their home after so long.

Wealdstone were fucked over more than Wimbledon.

Watford, Barnet, The FA and Tesco are all a shower of cunts.

Edit: Good watch though.

Bullshit romantic rewrite of history. Even Brighton and then obviously clubs like Darlington, Bury, have all been shafted way more than Wimbledon. Worst thing for me is how AFC have been complicit in the demise of other local non league teams near me, most notably Kingstonian FC who Chelsea and AFC shafted to leave homeless. But they treated fellow non league clubs like crap over the past decade or so and are rightly hated as a result. Horrible little club when in Div. 1. / PL. Fuck them.

Back
Top Bottom