African Cup of Nations 2019 in Egypt

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seeing Alain Giresse on the touchline in charge of Tunisia, what a player he was, part of the France Euro 84 team. That was some midfield they had.
Tunisia up against Angola, who for some reason I always associate with seeing the news about the civil war there in the 70s on John Craven's Newsround.
They did well to get a point in that game though, goalkeeping error for their equaliser but they dug in well.

Just seeing Alain Giresse on the touchline in charge of Tunisia, what a player he was, part of the France Euro 84 team. That was some midfield they had.
Tunisia up against Angola, who for some reason I always associate with seeing the news about the civil war there in the 70s on John Craven's Newsround.
They did well to get a point in that game though, goalkeeping error for their equaliser but they dug in well.

Criminal that that Platini/Giresse/Tigana side didn’t win something.

40 minutes into the Cote D’Ivoire game, I've not inspected every squad taking part but this has got to be one of the stronger squads out there, no. How the fuck does Kodjia get to start though?

I think in my memory bank that 82 travesty (v WGermany Schumacher on Battiston etc) completely usurped the 84 win.

Such fond memories of their clash with Brazil in 86...... So many classic players in one game.

(Nice pen Plattini, you arse! :allitongue:)

Aged 10, all my footy team went camping with 'the dads'. We ran a (shiity) big-screen off of a car battery and watched a bunch of the knockouts together (lots of covert drinking and beer theft by the kids). Had one of those all-day games of footy the day after the final; lads (Argies) v dads (W.Germany)...

#JumpersForGoalPosts

Last edited:
Ghana-Benin was a great game last night. A few familiar faces on show, although one guy I had never heard of was a Yeovil Town player in the Benin team.
It’s great to see players in this competition coming from footballing backwaters like that and get a chance to play on a stage like the AFCON.
Good to see.

Went to watch Algeria v Senegal yesterday and Tanzania v Kenya.

Great atmosphere and 2 games for the total of £15. Absolute bargain.

Watched Atal play for Algeria and as expected did well going forward. Played directly against Mane who got the better of him a few times but Mane went AWOL for much of the game.

Onto more important things, Wanyama played ok. Showed his experience but if we don't sell him this year I think he only has 1 more year left at PL standard play.

Crowd at the Mauritania-Angola game is rather sparse to say the least but with the almost constant noise from the vuvuzelas you might think there is a decent sized crowd there.

Back
Top Bottom