Against Modern Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What an absolute pile of horseshit.

For a start, 1882 isn't an exclusive club.

Anyone can come, Fighting Cock affiliated or not. TFC may have been the starting point but it's not 'TFC brings you 1882', having been in the inner sanctum myself I know the lads were always very eager to make sure that the movement wasn't an ego trip or publicity for the pod, more that the pod could act as publicity for the movement.

It's widely advertised online, and anyone who wants to can get involved. If you don't it's your prerogative, but you certainly have no right whatsoever to put down those who do get involved.

If you understood or even cared what 1882 was about, you'd realise why slating it and those involved does make you a cunt and a shit supporter.

As for Carlito's "I'm older than you and used to moan at games you couldn't have attended because you hadn't been born yet" argument. Just because you moaned at games before moaning at games became popular doesn't mean anything other than you were a shit fan then and you're a shit fan now.

I don't care if you turn up to games, why do people think that by taking up a seat in the ground to piss and moan means that 'you're still a fan'. It doesn't.

Fuck the fuck off.

Come and sing, forget about your worries and you strife (to coin a phrase) then go home and lament your boring misspent life. Don't bring your general malcontent into the place where people just want to have fun.

You know how other peoples kids seem to grow up so fast, because you (fortunately) only get to see them ever so often ?

Well, that's how WHL works with us foreigners.

The games I attented regularly (from 2002, well annually + a string in the 05/06 season) show me a clear decline in atmosphere from then and up to now. Older and more regular fans will tell me, that it used to be even better before then.

To be completely honest, I would recommend all overseas fans to attend WHL once at least to learn the club, the place and the people. However to get the best possible match day experience with a true feeling of togetherness between Spurs fans, I'd always recommend them to watch away games when possible.

This is just my two cents on the whole modern tottenham thing

Sky came along, giving millions to premier league clubs, this led to clubs spending more, which led to clubs outspending eachother in order to bring in better players and offer higher wages. This led to clubs having to massively hike up ticket prices, to bring in more revenue. Nowadays, in order to maximise income, football clubs arent competing against other clubs, they're competing against theatres. These 'Customers' arent going to White Hart Lane, to watch the eleven lads selected to represent them compete against a rival eleven men, representing a rival area and there supporters. They're going to the theatre of White Hart Lane, for 120 minutes of unrivalled entertainment.

This, is where the divide comes in, Because on the one hand, there are supporters that will turn up as often as they can, to sing the songs, and encourage the team. These are called supporters, they "Support" the team, they cheer when we're winning and cheer louder when we're not. For example, ive heard players mention the Kop at Anfield, and how its a wall of sound that can make a player nervous, etc etc. Supporters arent going to primarily watch the football, they're going to create the atmosphere, so that when opposing fans and players enter the battle arena, they shit themselves and think "im not really up for this" WHILST at the same time, encouraging our own players, so they think "These 30'000 people are cheering for me, lets fuck some shit up".

The other type, is the Tottenham "fans", these people arent going to create the atmosphere, as much as they want to experience the atmosphere. Once we start winning, theyre happy to join in with some songs, but they arent going to support the same when we're losing. Or worse! Bloody Corporates, being made to go as part of a work outing, because they work at Autonomy or something.

It may be more complicated, and im sure theres many other factors involved. Who's to even say which type of supporting is right? Every fan wants success right? some cheer when we lose, to show we're behind tottenham no matter what. Some Jeer and boo, to show that the football on show isnt up to standard. This is really where opinion divides.

My personal opinion, is that football is a bloody game. Its 90 minutes on a pitch running around kicking a ball. So to boo because a team isnt winning is slightly ridiculous. Its not like we're a badly run club, or terrible things are happening at Tottenham. People are boo-ing because we lost 1-0 to Wigan? SO WHAT? where in the fucking law does it say "you should never lose to Wigan". Its not like they turned up not really bothered about winning. they tried theyre hardest to win, and on the day were better than us.

Boo-ing accomplishes nothing positive. It just makes every tottenham fan look stupid! When its mentioned in the media that Tottenham fans were boo-ing, i feel ashamed. Those people dont represent my club.

All you say when you boo, is "this is not acceptable and im not happy, sort it out or i'll stop supporting Tottenham". Its the same with every idiot saying AVB OUT! What you're saying is, the club isnt meeting your criteria for a football club? We mere fans have no say in who plays for us, or manages us. We do have a say about how we suport the club, and whether or not the stadium is a fortress or a library.

They say you're only as strong as your weakest link. You can Question Levy's methods, but he's doing his best for the club, you can question the manager and the players, but theyre doing theyre best for the club. But are the fans doing there best? If i was a player, and i could hear my own fans being outsung in our own ground, i think id feel less up for it.

Saw this quote on some website

"The club call us hooligans, but who'd cheer them if we didn't come? You have to stand there and take it when Spurs are losing and others are jeering at you. It's not easy. We support them everywhere and get no thanks." - Tottenham fan, quoted in the Glory Game, 1972.
(Read more:http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/random-quotes/view-random-quotes.asp#ixzz2C9l3XNVr)
Agree with the geezer in every aspect, except for the hooliganism stuff, obviously.

Saw this comment on a Spurs Fan Club's Facebook group. It was about meeting up at the pub to watch the match on Sat.

Not for me dude. Wouldn't embarase myself. Fuk avb

The spelling alone is bad enough, but this is from someone wearing a Spurs shirt in his profile pic. Not sure this is the right fan club for me. And someone has liked it too. :vdvcry:

You know how other peoples kids seem to grow up so fast, because you (fortunately) only get to see them ever so often ?

Well, that's how WHL works with us foreigners.

The games I attented regularly (from 2002, well annually + a string in the 05/06 season) show me a clear decline in atmosphere from then and up to now. Older and more regular fans will tell me, that it used to be even better before then.

To be completely honest, I would recommend all overseas fans to attend WHL once at least to learn the club, the place and the people. However to get the best possible match day experience with a true feeling of togetherness between Spurs fans, I'd always recommend them to watch away games when possible.
[dailymail] Bloody foriegners, coming over here and stealing Carlito's seats :parker: [/dailymail]

Saw this comment on a Spurs Fan Club's Facebook group. It was about meeting up at the pub to watch the match on Sat.

The spelling alone is bad enough, but this is from someone wearing a Spurs shirt in his profile pic. Not sure this is the right fan club for me. And someone has liked it too. :vdvcry:
Hoo yaa!

al-pacino-smiling.jpg

As for Carlito's "I'm older than you and used to moan at games you couldn't have attended because you hadn't been born yet" argument. Just because you moaned at games before moaning at games became popular doesn't mean anything other than you were a shit fan then and you're a shit fan now.

If it wasn't for us, who would go to Wigan away on a cold Tuesday evening? Certainly not you, You would probably be busy a home playing with your YouTube making those really "funny" videos

We have earned the right to act how we want, If you don't like it call us out at a game.

You will find its those who have been through the shit that have this cynical attitude..they say familiarity breeds contempt....

Which is weird because the first time I saw one of your vids...I just knew you would be a cunt

If it wasn't for us, who would go to Wigan away on a cold Tuesday evening? Certainly not you, You would probably be busy a home playing with your YouTube making those really "funny" videos

We have earned the right to act how we want, If you don't like it call us out at a game.

You will find its those who have been through the shit that have this cynical attitude..they say familiarity breeds contempt....

Which is weird because the first time I saw one of your vids...I just knew you would be a cunt

Took you a while to come up with that one.

You don't like my videos? Shucks I'm all upset now.

Wish I could be more like you.

Also lol at your thinly veiled "come say it to my face in person like not on the internet and maybe we'll have a fight", what a sad, pathetic old man.

Die.

Woah woah woah where did that come from? I was laughing at him being a royal cunt, my friend. I have always absolutely loved your work.

Possible mistaken identity.

You all have such similar usernames.

I've had a long running feud with a 'yidnumeric'.

Thought you were him.

I'm not convinced you're not.

Sorry babe.

I just like calling people cunts.

I'm actually very friendly in person.

I'd probably even buy Carlito a pint, even if it were just to stop him smashing my face in.

Back
Top Bottom