(Airfixx approved) Ludogorets v Tottenham | Europe League Group Stage | Thu 05/11 @ 17:55

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great win? We really should be wiping the floor with teams like this and shouldn't need to use all of our first team
Well unfortunately Antwerp meant we have to use some of our first team, not all of our first team, because certain members of the team can't be trusted to line up in the first 11 and show a winning mentality.

We could have well been 5-0 up in the first half and their goal was a fluke deflection that spun over the top.

So yeah, I stand by saying it was a great win because the underlying facts are we've got more minutes into key players who looked good, came out with 0 injuries, dominated them and came out with 3 points.

But not everyone will be happy and I accept that, have a good day mate.

Is it just me or is Dele a better option than Ndombele,Lo Celso and Lamela?Why does Jose hate him?
Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

At times it was almost like a pre season friendly against a non-league side, the amount of time and space Spurs players had was unbelievable for a game in the EL.
Ludogorets were so bad and really Spurs could have had seven or eight goals quite easily tonight. A win is a win though and the performance was very good in spells. Just needed to convert some more of the numerous chances created.
Vinicius needs a goal though, he looked very low on confidence for some reason.
GLC was top man, Dele seems to be in the footballing equivalent of Siberia just now.
"At times it was almost like a pre season friendly against a non-league side"

It was.

I find it jarring that the EL and in some cases the CL has teams made up by farmers, postman and plumbers.

The "Super League" being proposed is the opposite of what is needed i think but there has to be a halfway house where the cannon fodder play a pre-qualifying round, or where higher rated teams join in ay the actual knockout stages?

My biggest fear about some of these group games isn't the result, but the chance of a serious injury to a key player.

The game yesterday was so one sided i was amazed that Jose didn't lace his boots and come on.

Last edited:
Comfortable result which could have been more. We will not know if there is any downside until after Sunday if tiredness results in dropped points. Hopefully not as most did not play 90 mins. How is the team that came out of pot 2 the worst? Shows the seeding system based on historical results is not the best.

I can't work out why Hart didn't come out and narrow the angle at least. The ball was in the air for a while. He almost froze.

Media match Report

Ludogorets v Liverpool 1-3

You have to hand it to Klopp, his team eased to a comfortable win here tonight without getting out of second gear.

The only blemish was a deflected goal by the home side, but the reds stormed back with three goals in what was little more than a training exercise.

The gulf in class was painfully apparent as Liverpool dominated possession and knocked the ball around, displaying a masterly level of professionalism, none more so than their ultimate demonstration of game management in the latter stages.

As well as the best forward line in the world they also have a perfect midfield, which cannot be praised highly enough.

After three games they are, as expected, top of their group.

The 7-2 never happened.

Report by Gobbler Brown - Nose.

Back
Top Bottom