Ajax - The Jewish Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

By the way, about Ajax being a jewish club:
Ajax has never been a jewish club. Of course jews, or any other population group, have always been welcome but there are no jewish roots at all. Ajax supporters call themselves 'joden' (jews) only because long ago rivaling fans started chanting and calling them 'joden' during the match . At first the F-side responded with chanting the Sesamy Street-tune, but as the joden-thing didn't stop the Ajax fans eventually adopted the name. This all started somewhere in the end of the seventies..... So since then 'wie niet spring die is een jood' (who doesn't jump is a jew) from the Feijenoord supporters became 'wie niet spring die is geen jood' (who doesn't jump is no jew) from the Ajax supporters.

That’s very similar to us. We’re not a Jewish club, we’re a North London club in an area historically associated with Jewish communities. Other teams used ‘yid’ to insult us, so we turned it into a positive as a show of solidarity.

A similar response from the fans, so maybe that’s behind the bond between the two clubs.

That’s very similar to us. We’re not a Jewish club, we’re a North London club in an area historically associated with Jewish communities. Other teams used ‘yid’ to insult us, so we turned it into a positive as a show of solidarity.

A similar response from the fans, so maybe that’s behind the bond between the two clubs.
Tottenham is very supported in the Jewish community (but so are the Scum and manure), Amsterdam never really had a big Jewish community to begin with. Actually nowhere in western Europe were there enough Jews concentrated to have a really Jewish club (unlike Poland\Austro-Hungary)

It would be interesting to see if both Clubs have "become" Jewish or more Jewish over recent years. I've seen first hand as the sport (Premiere League) gather more traction in North America that for some jews looking to pick a team they have gone with Spurs because of the 'connection'.

It would be interesting to see if both Clubs have "become" Jewish or more Jewish over recent years. I've seen first hand as the sport (Premiere League) gather more traction in North America that for some jews looking to pick a team they have gone with Spurs because of the 'connection'.
Quite possible. As I previously said, when I was growing up there were hardly any spurs supporters here and little knew of the yid link. When we started getting bigger and there was also media attention about the yid connection in the UK it suddenly became salient here and a lot of new supporters picked Spurs for it.

Americans are entering to the market fresh without their old man or uncle telling them who to support, it's quite possible that a lot of the Jews would like the link, same as a lot of the cunts would pick Woolwich

One of my favourite songs ever: Armin Van Buuren - Blah Blah Blah. Well done Ajax marketing team.
One of my favourite songs ever: Armin Van Buuren - Blah Blah Blah. Well done Ajax marketing team.
Amsterdam never really had a big Jewish community to begin with. Actually nowhere in western Europe were there enough Jews concentrated to have a really Jewish club (unlike Poland\Austro-Hungary)
That's not true. Amsterdam had a huge jewish community until WW2. They were very well integrated and mainly secular though, which might explain they never felt the urge starting their very own club.

That's not true. Amsterdam had a huge jewish community until WW2. They were very well integrated and mainly secular though, which might explain they never felt the urge starting their very own club.

I traced my dads ancestory, on his mums side, to Amsterdam in the early 1800s. They were Jewish. Settled in the East End of London.

Huge compared to what? Dwarfed compared to the communities of Eastern Europe. Warsaw alone had more Jews than all of BENELUX together.

Also, having Ajax's De Meer stadium in the middle of the "Jewish" neighbourhood in Amsterdam might have made people less inclined, since a good team was already on their doorstep (literally)?

Congratulations to Ajax. Honestly I was convinced to pass the round, maybe this was the big mistake, underestimate. In any case, a deserved victory.
Thanks. much appreciated! Ajax is an extremely proud club that won more European cups than Juve. Absolutely not to be compared with any other club. The problem with Juve is that they only meet intimidated, defensive teams in Serie A.
They never really get challenged and now they paid the price .

Just met an Ajax fan who said the whole of Amerstam wants to play tottenham because they want to 'celebrate being jews'.
We have to do this.
Cheeky cunts just don't want to play City.

giphy.gif

Yeah pretty much, but he was saying they understand the link. Especially because of Feynoord. What an away day that would be. They would literally welcome us in the city.
Aye, sorry, I was jesting somewhat before about wanting the easier draw.

IIRC, we haven't played Ajax in a competitive match since the 1980s, which is crazy.

Imagine the first one in more than 30 years deciding who goes to the CL final.

WearyBasicImpala-max-1mb.gif

The football Gods have screwed us over a fair few times, but goddamn we could make magic happen tomorrow night.

Aye, sorry, I was jesting somewhat before about wanting the easier draw.

IIRC, we haven't played Ajax in a competitive match since the 1980s, which is crazy.

Imagine the first one in more than 30 years deciding who goes to the CL final.

WearyBasicImpala-max-1mb.gif

The football Gods have screwed us over a fair few times, but goddamn we could make magic happen tomorrow night.
We must...

Back
Top Bottom