Alasdair Gold - ENIC Chief Press Officer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“Thanks for everything this year Ali . You are the lighthouse on the rock in the storm of Spurs . We couldn't be without you”

“Even when life knocks me down and others affect my life (VAR), Ali Gold can always pick me up”

“Many thanks Ali for keeping us going in 2021”

These are not stable individuals
Something smells fishy and it's not my fingers. I can't imagine anyone really feeling that way, even some of the proper twats I know. Plus, they even sound like cookie-cut platitudes, bordering on religious supplication.

I mean, no one is that obsequious to non-celebs, they're either Enic Bots or Gold himself buying credibility. If I had to guess, I'd say they were trying to normalise taking it at face value. i.e. pushing it 'over the line' from it's 'heavy pinch of salt' position. Whether it's Gold or Enic's media agency doing the push, it seems to suit them (I'm not put off by the occasional slating of players, either, that also suits them in the mid/long term).

* fish fingers!

:vdvshh:

His you tube is filled with opion. I reserve the right to judge thanks

johnny depp fear GIF

The transfer news bits are about 35 mins in.

Just when you think things are going well, Alli Gold posts another depressing update. Spurs don't have any money. Nobody wants to buy our players. Its so hard, everything is difficult. On and on.

The guy is nothing but an ENIC apologist. Fact of the matter is money is there, its just Levy has no intention of backing the manager as usual.

Lloris is out of contract this summer still, Kane is waiting to see if Conte will be backed. We all know the answer to that. We still havnt shifted all the shite that needs shifting.

Gold is nothing but a doom merchant that has been sucked in to believing Levy's lies. He says nobody wants to pay big money for Alli so he is difficult to sell. Alli isnt difficult to sell at all, Levy just refuses to accept what his real value is.

He says other clubs wont offer the high fees we want because of corona. Well guess what, we can buy players on the cheap because of corona too. Its just excuse after excuse from Levy and this prick. Players can be bought, players can be sold. There is just no ambition from this club to move heaven and earth to build a team capable of competing.

I fully expect Conte to walk in the summer when he gets a load of kids and bargain basement buys to work with.

Alasdair needs to grow some balls and start asking questions the fans want to know. Does the club have ambition? When are they going to show it? Why is there no money for players and salaries when the ground is full and the tickets are expensive? Why are we always signing bargains. When was the last time we signed a top player? Why is the deadwood still here? If there is no money this window, when will there be money? Can we compete with this new stadium? How much can we reasonably expect to be spent in a normal summer? What is the clubs vision? Does the club want to win trophies? What evidence is there of this?

These are the questions a fan would be hammering home. Alasdair has become too comfortable in his position and doesn't want to upset the applecart. Maybe they should hire a journalist that isn't a fan and will ask serious questions of the club.

I absolutely love Ali Gold, but I also love a good conspiracy. Some good points raised OP! This feels like the start of a good ol dark and mysterious crime drama... :king:

I don't know how anyone can sit through an hour of Gold droning on in that monotonous voice of his.

Not too bothered by what he says but the way he says it is mind-numbingly dull.

Last edited:
Is this thread a jk, I really can't tell....why do people get so angry at him reporting news, if you think he gets it wrong or don't like his options don't listen to him. Why do people think he has some sort of effect on what Tottenham do. Only thing I can think of is he doesn't report news that people like so people hate on him ....'dont shoot the messenger' comes to mind.

Is this thread a jk, I really can't tell....why do people get so angry at him reporting news, if you think he gets it wrong or don't like his options don't listen to him. Why do people think he has some sort of effect on what Tottenham do. Only thing I can think of is he doesn't report news that people like so people hate on him ....'dont shoot the messenger' comes to mind.
It’s mostly one nut job just bitching about this because he bitches about everything.

Back
Top Bottom