Alcohol ban to be lifted?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good Idea?

• Yes, good idea.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No, bad idea.

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
- Having to stand every five minutes to let someone through with five pints for their mates
- Having to stand every five minutes for same person to take a piss
- No cup holders, so pints being constantly kicked over (beer and/or piss)
- Resting feet/shopping bag/coat in streams of beer/piss from rows above

Can confirm all of these problems in American sports where this ban does not apply.

That said, enjoying a beer at a baseball game on a warm summer day is one of the finest things in life.

I've been covered in non-alcoholic drinks numerous times. Either you have drinks at your seat, or you don't

Maybe through traffic with drinks should be stopped after a certain point to discourage it.
Or beer service to seats/rows

HT is the worst time due to the drinkers. You can't piss, you can't get a snack/soft drink, it's chockablock.
You also encourage the drinkers to power drink before a game and at half time which actually causes worse behaviours than steady drinking . Vomitting, relentless piss breaks, drunken bullshit etc is far more obvious on someone who's necked 7 points in an hour.
From personal experience can’t say I’ve ever been covered in non alcoholic drinks, been covered in Dutch piss Feyenoord away, in the ground not same mad Dutch sex club

If it’s only applicable to when we have reduced capacities and socially distanced seating and food/drink services, fine.

I don’t want people to be able to take beer to their seats when it’s rammed with 60,000 people, whenever we score it goes flying everywhere and I hate getting it on me.

I don’t want people to be able to take beer to their seats when it’s rammed with 60,000 people, whenever we score it goes flying everywhere and I hate getting it on me.

One of my favorite sports memories was getting pelted with beer when Benny Feilhaber scored a game-winning golazo for the US against Mexico in the Gold Cup Final at Soldier Field (filled with 90% Mexican fans), but I can definitely see how that would get old if it were every goal at every game.

WHAT A HIT :tobyarm:

Can confirm all of these problems in American sports where this ban does not apply.

That said, enjoying a beer at a baseball game on a warm summer day is one of the finest things in life.
You’re not wrong.
I always try and get my tickets next to the aisle whenever possible. I don’t mind getting up for people as much as I feel bad about having them get up so I can piss.

So:
- Getting soaked with thrown pints every time we score (OK, that doesn't happen very often)
- Having to stand every five minutes to let someone through with five pints for their mates
- Having to stand every five minutes for same person to take a piss
- No cup holders, so pints being constantly kicked over (beer and/or piss)
- Resting feet/shopping bag/coat in streams of beer/piss from rows above
- Getting soaked with thrown glasses of piss every time we get on the wrong end of another dodgy VAR decision

What's there not to like? :avbcringe:
Yum, track & trace that..

The white wall will become a yellow waterfall. The safe standing area will be a fragrant, lukewarm paddling pool. Should have stayed in the North Stand...
Gross!!! I'm going to stay away from this thread, if this is the standard of posts.....
And surprise surprise - I voted for bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom