Alejo Veliz

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And quite the dancer.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkg9JyXrtk&t=5s

He reminds me of a young Michael Flatley.

I will show you the dance of my Peoples.

Passed down father to son, father to son, father to son, over the generations.

David Byrne Dancing GIF

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl6PiE1hkl4

One of his last matches for Rosario Central vs River Plate on the 23rd of July, 2023 (<2 months ago).

Second-to-last match of the Argie Liga, River had already clinched the league (won the league by 11 points), but had their Copa Libertadores Round of 16 Leg(s) vs Internacional on the horizon.

Veliz was subbed off @ 85' w/ Rosario Central up 3-1.

Love his off-the-ball movement, and his positional/spatial-awareness. Headers/heading ability is a strength. He gives 'hold-up play' a go.

Like Cuti, he's a 'ball-hawk' w/ preternatural anticipation abilities.

Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Al Gold has been saying that Postcoglou stated in pre-season that Veliz wouldn't be playing in the first half of the season. But what Ange actually said was first part of the season, and whether part means first int. break, second break, Christmas break.. I don't know. Will fully depend on how he does in training I guess.
Swear I've not seen one bit of footage of him in training or anywhere else, except for his signing.

Is he training with the firs team?

Swear I've not seen one bit of footage of him in training or anywhere else, except for his signing.

My guess would be that they've given him a few weeks off. 19yo and he's been playing games flat out for the last 5 months. Not sure though, tbh

Yes.

I think they are just looking after him and letting him settle and looking at the way that some spurs fans call players shit if they aint worldies after the 1st 5 mins, it's probably wise.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl6PiE1hkl4

One of his last matches for Rosario Central vs River Plate on the 23rd of July, 2023 (<2 months ago).

Second-to-last match of the Argie Liga, River had already clinched the league (won the league by 11 points), but had their Copa Libertadores Round of 16 Leg(s) vs Internacional on the horizon.

Veliz was subbed off @ 85' w/ Rosario Central up 3-1.

Love his off-the-ball movement, and his positional/spatial-awareness. Headers/heading ability is a strength. He gives 'hold-up play' a go.

Like Cuti, he's a 'ball-hawk' w/ preternatural anticipation abilities.

Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Little detail I like in this is hopefully this kid will encourage/inspire Bambi to put on a few kilos of lean mass!

If Ange decides to take Richy out of the firing line altogether this weekend (no pun intended) then I could well see Veliz starting on the bench tomorrow... just to get some matchday experience.

Didn't want to leak the plan early but..oh well. We are just behind city before Christmas in an uncharacteristic display of support for the manager Levy breaks open the war chest. An elite centerback is signed. An unfortunate injury to an inform Richarlison has the pundits predicting we will collapse in much the same way as Arteta's relegation haunted Woolwich. Veliz is thrust into the first team and a deluge of goals ensue including braces and hatricks in wins over City Chavs and Liverpool. Spurs are champions for the first time since the early sixties.....:ange-pray::levywtf::ledley:

Epilogue: Foreign secretary David Lammy angers many by allowing the construction of a bronze statue the size and dimensions of of the Motherland calls in Volvograd of Ange Postecoglou on Tottenham High Road

Didn't want to leak the plan early but..oh well. We are just behind city before Christmas in an uncharacteristic display of support for the manager Levy breaks open the war chest. An elite centerback is signed. An unfortunate injury to an inform Richarlison has the pundits predicting we will collapse in much the same way as Arteta's relegation haunted Woolwich. Veliz is thrust into the first team and a deluge of goals ensue including braces and hatricks in wins over City Chavs and Liverpool. Spurs are champions for the first time since the early sixties.....:ange-pray::levywtf::ledley:

Epilogue: Foreign secretary David Lammy angers many by allowing the construction of a bronze statue the size and dimensions of of the Motherland calls in Volvograd of Ange Postecoglou on Tottenham High Road
We're not signing an elite CB. Even without going into finances, it's clear VDV came here with assurances that he'll play, and no elite CB will come here to sit on the bench.

We're obviously winning the league regardless though.

Back
Top Bottom