Alfie Devine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You cannot have a go Alfie on this one.

As the senior pro it’s reasonable for Danny Drinkstoomuch to have anticipated the challenge and run backwards faster than he did.

if he was unable to do that then it’s also reasonable to say that he should, if he were professional, be fit enough to jump 3 foot clear of any tackle as it comes in. The lack of concern shown that he might fall on top of Alfie when jumping is concerning and angers me a lot.

And ultimately we must not be blind to the risk that Drinkwater posed just from being on the pitch. If he really was a role model then he would set an example by keeping his 2 meter distance at all costs minimum, but self isolate at home in all reality.

Try as I might I can only hold the Chelsea player 100% responsible for this awful incident. He could have wrecked our players career. Just so selfish and I hope the FA step in and bans Drinkwater and let’s Alfie off.

Another 90 minutes for L1 Port Vale today - seemed to be playing a CM role rather than AM role, possibly because another loanee was recalled by his parent club.

He's now started 13 x L1 matches and subbed on in a further 6 matches playing 1,173 minutes so far this season - worth noting that since late October he's played a full 90 minutes in all but one match.

He's also started 6 FA Cup or EFL Cup matches playing 90 mins in all but one match, totalling 513 mins.

Fair to say he's getting a decent amount of playing time, and seems to be well established in the team at Port Vale.

I'm not getting on the hype train and comparing Edwards to Messi was way overboard. We have learned from this.

Devine is like a Dave Mackay, Luca Modric and Gazza in one player though.

Alfie Devine plays another 90 mins as Port Vale beat Wigan in L1 to go 15th, 9 points above the relegation places

He's now started 9 x L1 matches and subbed on 6 matches plus another 5 starts in FA and EFL Cups totalling 1,236 mins playing time and 6 goal involvements (3 goals, 3 assists).

Seems to have cemented a starting position as an AM for Vale - decent first loan where he'll have learned a lot playing in a mens team.

Back
Top Bottom