Ally Dick BBC article

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man City according to Wikipedia.
I still remember the storm it caused when it was all over the news that Souness wanted to sign him for Rangers.

I must admit, I lost track of the kid, the mid/late eighties were a bit of "haze", I just remember the rumours around him being really talented at the time and people at the ground talking about him when he made that first sub appearance.

The most shocking thing about this article for me, is that someone I remember as a slip of a kid is 55!

Another one with the potential to be a star which didn't quite happen. I didn't know about his injury though, which might explain why he didn't fulfill his promise.

Must admit I didn’t recall him playing in that schoolboys game - Paul McStay and Paul Rideout did I think.
Sounds like injury wrecked what should have been a great career.

I must admit, I lost track of the kid, the mid/late eighties were a bit of "haze", I just remember the rumours around him being really talented at the time and people at the ground talking about him when he made that first sub appearance.

I confused him and Garry Brady, another young Scotsman of whom a lot was expected, but a few years later.

I was there the day he made that debut appearance. Can’t remember who we playing.
I too was at the Man. City game. With Dick making his debut for us, this was the very first time that I was watching a game in which there was a player on the pitch who was younger than me.
It tends to happen quite a bit these days. 😬

The other thing I recall was the club issuing ballot tickets at the turnstiles, for the League Cup Final

Back
Top Bottom