Amazingly yes, it can be worse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really don't want to lose today... But I can feel it.. feel it in the air tonight. Ade to score an own goal in the 97th minute after Poch mistakes Ade's "prove the last manager wrong"-for being an actual thing and plays him. Tim sprints out on the pitch but is decked by Lamela who is then immortalized as a proper "ledge".

I know things.

Paulinho "gets a rest"
I'd be interested to see him play this position for the rest of the season. I think it could prove really effective for the team as a whole...

[formation=352, Lloris, Chiriches, Dier, Fazio, Yedlin, Eriksen, Stambouli, Bentaleb, Rose, Lamela, Kane][/formation]

Wingbacks bombing up and down. Lamela behind Kane.

I'd be interested to see him play this position for the rest of the season. I think it could prove really effective for the team as a whole...

[formation=352, Lloris, Chiriches, Dier, Fazio, Yedlin, Eriksen, Stambouli, Bentaleb, Rose, Lamela, Kane][/formation]

Would be very interesting to see this IMHO. I really think we have the squad for a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 depending on personnel. The lack of pace at CB might do us in though.

Would be very interesting to see this IMHO. I really think we have the squad for a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 depending on personnel. The lack of pace at CB might do us in though.
Not many teams have pacy centre backs. It's just generally not one of their attributes, particularly against some of the best strikers in the world. That's where their positional sense and reading of the game come into it. Look at John Terry...

Not many teams have pacy centre backs. It's just generally not one of their attributes, particularly against some of the best strikers in the world. That's where their positional sense and reading of the game come into it. Look at John Terry...

Very valid point(s). And Vlad + Dier aren't exactly slow. I was basing that a tad too much on Fazio I guess. As I said, I'd really like to see this formation. I think it suits our fullbacks (who are already wing-backs really..) and we will be solidified centrally with the extra CDM. Kane and Lamela are more than enough to keep Villa's backline occupied and with Eriksen deeper we might get back the tempo to our build up.

Chiriches and Fazio in the same back-4 frightens me to no end

Most likely a classic Spurs win of outscoring the opposition - 4:2 / 4:3 or similar

I want us to do a proper number on that gooner charlatan self-serving cunt maggot

-----------------Vorm
Chiriches - Dier - Fazio - Rose
---------Bentaleb - Mason
----Lamela - Eriksen - Townsend
------------------Kane

I'd be tempted to play one of Stambouli/Dembele and drop one of Townsend/Lamela to add more defense because of Walker and Vertonghen being out. But, I'd rather not change it up more and just keep things as is. I do want Lamela to get another game.

When you think how porous our best defence is, anybody would fancy their chances against us fielding that lot, then the kicker of no Lloris. Most likely a tough game ahead.

Fazio is pretty shit. Not much (if any) better than Dier. I'd rather give a player who is 21 the opportunity to get games under his belt over someone who is unconvincing, slow and ageing. But yeah, clearly he should start ahead of Davies seeing as that's his main position. But I can imagine Fazio is a bit of a bellend so it wouldn't surprise me to hear that he's done something to piss Poch off.

So tired of uninformed bullshit like this.

Fazio and Jan was (and is) our best pairing.
14 games (10W,3D,1L)

He captained the EL winners. He is our 2nd best CB, end off.

Our season went to shit when he went AWOL.

The bellend part.. But why? I've read a fucking awesome interview with him (available in his thread) and he even went to med school before going pro.

Bellend: ostrich:

Haha Yedlin should be no where near the first team.

Haha Yedlin should be no where near the first team.
I agree it's a gamble but, you seem entirely opposed to it as though he in completely inexperienced? He's played MLS a couple of years and has 14 International caps, including World Cup appearances.

Surely less of a gamble than, say, Bentaleb was? Or Dier?

I agree it's a gamble but, you seem entirely opposed to it as though he in completely inexperienced? He's played MLS a couple of years and has 14 International caps, including World Cup appearances.

Surely less of a gamble than, say, Bentaleb was? Or Dier?
No I just don't think he is very good.

If Fazio doesn't get the start, that means that something is serious fucked up with him behind the scenes. It's a mystery that he hasn't had more chances lately even with everyone healthy. With a makeshift defense, I can't see how Davies would start at CB over him considering we will need a strong presence and someone to deal with any aerial threats.
Apparently Fazio is classed as doubtful, with a knock, along with Vertonghen (illness) and Adebayor (knock).

Back
Top Bottom