Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi everyone! I’m Portuguese and a Benfica’s fan. Almost every day I came to this forum just to read the opinions and discussions about your club. I absolutely love Tottenham, always been my favourite English team. Now that Jose sign for you I didn’t miss a single game. Decide to register after seeing the three episodes of the series at Amazon. Omg that was just incredible, I can’t wait for the next ones. The athmosphere of the club is amazing, love some players at the squad. You have no idea how much I loved the Benfica’s sign of Jan, honestly when I see him, I couldn’t believe my eyes. He is one of my favourite centre backs for the last years, absolute class player. When his contract was over I just hope he could come for us but really never believed it. We needed so much an experienced centre back to pair with the Portuguese best centre back at the moment, Ruben Dias. They will make one of the best duos over the last years for sure, complement each other so well!
I need to tell you guys something. Saw too many people criticising Jose but believe in me in this, if you support him, support the team, I can assure you that you will win titles! And let’s be honest, Tottenham need titles! I loved Pochettino but think he was not so ambitious. How can a team be so many time without winning titles not even try to win an intern cup?
Mourinho will make everything to start winning that, he will transform the mentality of the team and the club from a nice club to an ambitious and winning titles club. Ok, premier league is too difficult for now, Jose also know that. So for sure he will make everything to win the Europa league and the England cups. Ok he is not brilliant in his style of play, I agree. But he knows what is needed to do to win, he knows how to extract the best of each player and use it to win! But please, just give him time! How many time and money Klopp needed to win? How many time and money Guardiola needed to win? Mourinho came with a squad full of injuries, with no confidence and let’s be honest, some bad players (Gazzaniga, Aurier, Davinson, etc) and did the job he could do, just trying to recover them. Let him buy some players to fulfil his ideas, give him time and Tottenham will give the next step for sure.
Talking about the squad, you have to sell some players to buy others. In my opinion should sell Aurier, Ndombele (weak mentality), Davinson or Foyth and Rose. You need a titular left back (Alex Telles will be the perfect fit), maybe one centre back (Boly, Diego Carlos, Upamecano, Umtiti), a defensive midfielder (Danilo Pereira, Matic, Declan Rice) and a sub for Kane (Callum Wilson, Mandzukic, Dembele), that’s just some ideas.
Well, that’s my first post, I will try to give you a perspective from the outside and participate. Sorry for some mistakes in my English.
Btw, Gedson could become a nice RB, or just a box to box, don’t try to make him a winger please, he doesn’t have that capacity. In Benfica now, we would have been at the bench or titular at RB (our RB are awful). Thanks!

OK - I've finally managed to watch the first three episodes in their entirety.
For full disclosure, I'm a documentary maker, having directed over 20 hours of network broadcast films for all the BBC channels, Channel 4, NatGeo, Discovery etc before leaving the industry in disgust at corporate working practices.
I have a top level observation.
There is no such thing as a "fly on the wall" documentary. Everything broadcast on network TV is edited. Editing creates meaning, narratives, And when I say "creates", editing can quite literally change what happened by 180 degrees. It's one of the reasons I left network TV, because I have red lines I'm not prepared to cross.
The only real "fly on the wall" is some geezer turning on the camera on his mobile phone and recording three minutes of actual uninterrupted footage before hitting Stop. And we all know if another person is filming with their mobile from a different angle, perhaps starting a minute earlier, and you compare those two unedited pieces of footage, then they may tell two very different stories.
So, "All or Nothing" is artifice. A constructed narrative. It is not "pure reality", whatever that means.
Reaction shots and cutaways may be edited in from different settings and time periods to create the mood or emotion that the director, and whoever (Levy?) had ultimate editorial control, desired.
But, having said this, the series has an incredible level of access to certain events. You do feel inside the dressing room, and key meetings, and that is compelling, especially for us Spurs fans.
The footage with Dier after he's subbed on 29 minutes, and with Sonny after the chavski red card. is astonishing access. These are incredibly emotional moments for both players alone in the dressing room, and we are shown it.
Also, getting snatches of the 1:1 meetings between Mourinho and Kane, Dele, Dier is revealing and fascinating, even though the scenes have been edited to create a certain narrative.
Kane wants to be a global superstar and Mourinho wants to help him. Dele is a lazy trainer and inconsistent, and Mourinho tells him careers are short. Mourinho deliberately speaks with Dier in Portuguese, and Dier responds fluently and articulately.
However, just as important is what is omitted, what we don't see.
So, we don't see the 1:1 between Eriksen and Mourinho.
What we are shown is Levy speaking with Mourinho and saying, I paraphrase, "Eriksen is controlled by his agent and none of us know what he really thinks". Levy then encourages Mourinho to have one last attempt at persuading him to stay. Amusingly, in the edit, they could not find any footage of an enthusiastic Jose agreeing to do so.
So, in short, there is some compelling and revealing access which lets us see our Spurs players and coaches at their most vulnerable. And in real situations, such as half time in matches we watched live.
There are also events , such as the Eriksen contract situation, where we are not shown what happens and instead are given a narrative constructed around some exchanges between Levy and Mourinho.
I look forward, with some trepidation, to the rest of the series.

Last edited:
So far...it’s mesmerising. It was a shit show of a season in all truth. But it is searingly honest. Which I like.
Genuinely have a heightened dislike for Levy though.
just missing that lizard forked tongue popping out with every sentence he utters as his eyes move frantically around for his next prey. An utterly loathesome villain in this. He gives more honest airtime To his promotion of the NFL in that small segment than his love for THFC.
Anyway, that’s my take on the bald pit viper.
love the players to a man. Serge with the youngsters almost had me in tears. Seems a very nice bloke despite his rap sheet. And Jan? Some cunt must have put sand in my eyes. Diamond.

Jose is the star of the show. Absolute comedy classic at times. But it seems very clear that his big bruised ego really has a point to make & whether he’s a dinosaur or not, he is going to give it everything to prove the doubters wrong. Can’t wait for next season. This series is genuine prime time viewing for any football fan. And the fact it’s Spurs makes it enjoyable and painful in equal measure.
TLDR- if you aren’t watching it, please do ASAP.
About Levy, if you're going in thinking he's a cunt you're going to be looking for confirmation of that in everything he does and you probably will find it no matter what...you'll be like "Look at the way he sits...what a cunt" or "Look at the cunty way he walks about the place as if he fucking owns it"...

For myself I can see nothing wrong with how he's portrayed....But then the cunt was probably sitting on the editor's shoulder....the cunt....

What could possibly go wrong...

2df97382-17dd-4dab-a5a8-6c4aec328f03.gif

One thing I will say is if any Spurs had a dislike for Jose, surely this documentary puts him in a different light to everyone? Wether it’s slightly for the cameras, who knows, but I personally think it’s genuine and this is how Jose is. He comes across fantastically in this and I bloody hope he brings trophies to this club.

Won't bother parroting other people's comments about how enjoyable (surprisingly) it was, but one thing that did strike me was how childish Dele seems? Perhaps it's his style of humour, but I think there's an interesting comparison to make with Dier.

The two were very good friends at first, but if you compare the two meetings the players had with Jose, the difference in their reactions during the conversations was quite stark. Dele seemed like a schoolboy being told off by the headmaster, whereas Dier seemed more adult in discussing how he was addressing his future under Pochettino.

Now we've seen this summer the difference in holidays the two players had, with Dier having a more chilled holiday with some of the other players, whereas Dele was at one of these party resorts with Maddison.

It's no surprise that there's a lot less of a bromance visible between the two.

Interested to see if anyone else felt this too, or maybe I'm way off the mark.

Levy's breakfast chats with Mourinho are so cringe, like a scene from The Office, DL jabbering away trying to sound like he knows his shit and Mourinho just sitting their hoping if he ignores him for long enough he'll go away so he can enjoy his eggs benedict in peace.

Is anyone else still flabbergasted that this was actually given the green light?
We are literally willingly releasing a documentary where we are essentially making a complete and utter tit of ourselves to the whole football world.
ENIC, Daniel Levy, or whoever allowed this absolutely shit show to happen hang your heads you shameless, money grabbing cunts.
We’re a farce of a club. A genuine farce.

A must for every spurs fan..

It reminds you exactly what Spurs are all about.. It still hurts watching the old ground being knocked down., so many memories, my entire youth revolved around what went on in that ground.
The club has been such a massive part of my life and is more than just the result.

Watching it brings home how good an appointment Jose Mourinho is and under him we could go to the next level.

I have a massive disliking toward fans who think a football club is ONLY about results and trophies..Yes it’s a huge factor but there is so much more to a football club..

Who else is feeling incredibly excited Jose could bring back the glory years back at Spurs? I said it just before Poch was sacked and got on TalkSPORT, explaining that we needed to appoint a serial winner. We all know Jose’s history, but watching this documentary, you can tell he’s just on another level. He is strengthening our team this summer with players he wants. Come on Jose!!!! Please bring some silverware to this club.

Back
Top Bottom