Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

I fully agree. The first minutes of episode 7, when Jose talks about the importance of not conceding goals sums up his footballing ideas. It is all about defending, all about not conceding. The best way to win is not, in fact, to not concede goals. You have to fucking score to win a match. Not conceding does not win you a game if you do not fucking score.

He also says that "Any result if we don't concede goals is a good result". Fucking pathetic. That was from a home game. No wonder his teams are clueless and hesitant when going forwards. Their heads are filled with "do not concede, do NOT concede!".

The same episode shows a great example of his piss poor mentality management. He talks about how they have put on a video in the changing room showing all the goals the team has conceded, and is upset that someone turned it off. Rubbing their mistakes in their faces will not make them perform, it will make them anxious, afraid to make mistakes, upset, annoyed at each other, lose confidence. Any mental coach worth his salt will tell you to focus on the positives, not the negatives.

Mourinho is an absolute fucking dinosaur. He is poison. I have said it for a decade. There are so many fucking clear signs.
Sigh. When you are playing home and away in the champions league, sometimes a draw away isn’t a bad result.

Comment

Airfixx

[ Tiers Of A Clown ] Announce Hebzebenese
You're messing with me! Seriously though is anyone on here in it? I've enjoyed it and it reminded me that not all of last season was shit but essentialky a fluff piece. However, if it made money for the club then it's all good. Needed more poch tho
It's mainstream TV. Simply doesn't cater to hard-core fans interested in the minutia..... Aside from a snapshot of some of the player personalities; there's nothing revelatory.

It did exactly what I expected. I wouldn't have even watched if it wasn't Spurs and even then surprised myself by doing so.

Last edited:
Comment

Ginolaflair

BLEEDER OF BLUE & WHITE
It's mainstream TV. Simply doesn't cater to hard-core fans interested in the minutia..... Aside from a snapshot of some of the player personalities; there's nothing revelatory.

It did exactky what expected. I wouldn't have even watched if it wasn't Spurs and even then surprised myself by doing so.
Yeah I wasn't gonna watch it then got from free Amazon prime so I watch at the gym. Don't give Jose much credit for his team talks though...seem pretty tame.

Comment
Top Bottom