Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which team won the title the following season and which finished 2nd?

I take zero satisfaction from watching us getting played. It’s just another sign of the mental weakness of that team.

The problem with the “Battle of the Bridge” is two fold. 1) when 0-2 up. You do everything you can to hold the game. We lost control as we did not spoil them at the right moments. They got into our heads and once it was 2-2 game was gone. It should never have happened. We should have been rolling around in agony at every breath and taking 20 minutes over a throw in. We were so dumb in that second half.

2) following that game we became sanitised and were weaker and weaker as the games rolled by. Rather than morph into a spiteful team that could play football, like United or Chelsea at their best we seemed more likely to proactively avoid agro than stand up for ourselves. That’s got to be on Poch for not thinking “fuck the FA” was he more interested in being admired than being disliked? possibly. Winners are disliked.

I still adore the memories of our players kicking the absolute shit out of Chelsea in that game. But I well understand where it went wrong. Lamela is a cunt and a smart cunt look at what he did to flabbygas. Mason was another player that knew how to be a smart cunt too ( But unfortunately look at what Cahill did to him. That’s another smart cunt - Cahill went at him with absolute spite)

I recall that our bench that night looked a bit thin and we bought on Davies for Rose really late and then Chadders even later to no effect. Jesus Poch had poor sub management.

Last edited:
Do you think?
there's no way that was leaked without Amazon's knowledge, 'cos if it was, then the editor giggling over the footage she's filming on her phone would be immediately dismissed!

You're not allowed to take you phone on SET on some of the stuff I've worked on, let alone sit there filming the footage as you edit it!

It's totally set up, from start to finish... any leaked footage will be pre planned, and timed for maximum effect!

I did think that watching it. It seemed like a perfect online advert for it.

I think Sunderland are probably not as sophisticated in terms of media management, plus they were desperate for the dosh. It will be interesting to see with Spurs, I just think Levy is far too cynical and suspicious a person to agree to the documentary without the final say on editing. There is also the fact Amazon may want to form a longer association with Tottenham such as the naming rights for the stadium.
The leaks are probably going to suggest it is more comical than it really is, just to build up interest. I think it will be less a fly on the wall and more a puff piece for ENIC's brilliant corporate vision to rescue a sleeping giant and return it to the global stage. I couldn't watch the Man City one after the first episode as it was so boring and had obviously been heavily edited for a corporate agenda. The best one is on the New Zealand All Blacks IMO.
I can't help wondering if they might buy us.

I can't help wondering if they might buy us.
I don't think Amazon as a publically listed company is allowed to diverge from its core activites, so I can't see them buying football clubs. However I think they may throw their name in the hat in terms of the naming rights for the new stadium, maybe even shirt sponsorship

I don't think Amazon as a publically listed company is allowed to diverge from its core activites, so I can't see them buying football clubs. However I think they may throw their name in the hat in terms of the naming rights for the new stadium, maybe even shirt sponsorship
I know nothing about business so thanks for the clarification. Would be nice though
A bloke with bottomless pockets.

Thinking about Amazon as naming rights sponsors etc as has been mentioned a lot, I can't help but think why would they? It's a massive company, probably worldwide more people are aware of Amazon than they are Spurs, I can't see how they benefit from it at all, we'd probably gain more from the exposure!

Have there been any credible reports to suggest it as a possibility, or us it just fans online putting 2 and 2 together because of the documentary? Because they've done a few of these and as far as I know haven't made any commercial ties to previous subjects.

Back
Top Bottom