Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come off it, it was a dumb as shit question lol

Yeah wonder why Levy didn't want to lose millions of pounds in our first season in a billion dollar stadium....

If our fans can figure it out, our fucking board exec shouldnt have to.

My point is simple... In that she was essentially asking "anything other than the obvious?".

If peeps need to feel concerned about it, touche.... I shan't be worried about a 'suit' asking the chairman his opinion.

My point is simple... In that she was essentially asking "anything other than the obvious?".

If peeps need to feel concerned about it, touche.... I shan't be worried about a 'suit' asking the chairman his opinion.
Imagine if, when Mou told Sacramento Kane was out for a minimum of 12 weeks, he'd asked; oh why do you not want Kane to be out injured for 12 weeks!?

Legitimately the exact same thing

Finished watching this last night.
Can't stand Mourinho, confirmed everything I expected about him. Will tolerate it for a trophy though.

The NDombele scenes were massively worrying for me. There seems to be something about his attitude, the way he holds his head, the way he chews his tooth pick that just makes him look like a defeated loser.
He has a long way to go, and a lot of work to put in to turn this around. I hope he does but he seemed very childish whilst trying to maintain the 'cool guy' appearance.

It's very likely that we've already seen the best of him, the heart is not in it anymore.

It was more the fact he can't seem to see what's wrong when we lose and how he goes into every game just expecting us to win etc.

He's like a 12 year old in a grown ups body - seems to have that aura of "Oh, well I have made it" about him. Which I thought was worrying watching this documentary.

Just as an aside: Alfie Whiteman is everywhere in this thing! Just a chill dude hangin' out.
Let's hope his footballing career amounts to a bit more than hanging around in the background of scenes in an Amazon documentary....

If Gazza is sold, then presumably either Austin or Whiteman become our Number 3 keeper, and given Joe Hart's pre-season displays, we'd better hope the one who stays around is up for it.

I note Austin had, by all accounts, a very successful loan spell late last season.

Just as an aside: Alfie Whiteman is everywhere in this thing! Just a chill dude hangin' out.
At least a 6 figure (annual) salary for turning up to the gym, dream life for most 21 year olds, no wonder he's loving it. Will most likely play out a decent career at a Brentford or Wycombe (nothing wrong with that), this is the heady heights for the boy.

Honestly, watching this... what is the point of Sacramento even? Why don't we have any good coaches? Wtf happened to Mou's back room staff and why is this kid our number 2?

Finished watching this last night.
Can't stand Mourinho, confirmed everything I expected about him. Will tolerate it for a trophy though.

The NDombele scenes were massively worrying for me. There seems to be something about his attitude, the way he holds his head, the way he chews his tooth pick that just makes him look like a defeated loser.
He has a long way to go, and a lot of work to put in to turn this around. I hope he does but he seemed very childish whilst trying to maintain the 'cool guy' appearance.
Indeed - just compare GLC’s interview and his statement about wanting to work hard - then switch to Tanguy giggling around on the pitch. Nothing wrong with having fun when you’re training, but you can see that GLC is more of a scrapper, which suits Jose.

Finished the last episode.... what’s this talk of threatening a bonus one ? Better be a joke

what a cringe lot we are, from exec to management to the physio dept . How have so many weird characters accumulated at THFC

if this came out before the office you’d have accused gervais of ripping it off

Levy’s when I was at school piece was as corny and motivating as our changing room pep talks

Grim from top to bottom

Last edited:
Honestly, watching this... what is the point of Sacramento even? Why don't we have any good coaches? Wtf happened to Mou's back room staff and why is this kid our number 2?
With respect, I don't think we can make any judgements about Sacramento based purely on what we were shown in the series. Just like we can't make any judgement about Ledley King's contribution to our defensive coaching.

I don't even have a problem with his conversation with Jan in the canteen. Depending on precisely when that scene was filmed, (NB I don't entirely trust the chronology we're shown in the series), I consider it entirely acceptable for Sacramento to ask our most senior & experienced defender, who was largely not playing, what he thought was going wrong.

Remember Mourinho asked Sacremento to report back on the dressing room dynamics too, prompting the "shit" reaction when he learnt that Sissoko was a major influence.

I'm sure Sacramento's conversation with Verts was just one element feeding into his & Mourinho's attempts to improve our defending.

But frankly I'd be more concerned if our coaches were not asking hugely experienced professionals like Verts for their perspective.

I think you see in the doc why Mourinho is so wary of trusting Ndombele. This is not a player who is showing the right hunger to play for Tottenham. You get the feeling that he wishes he never left Lyon whereas Gio seems to relish the challenge.

It's a crisis meeting. I doubt that such detailed forcasts had been made at that point. Don't kid yourself for one second that such financial reports wont have been produced though.

Your paraphrasing is telling... The question was about fans being in attendance.... Not "why do we need a stadium again".

As I said to begin with; it's just someone checking whether there's anything besides the obvious she needed to consider.

No big deal.

I'm sure that, as fans, we'd all be more comforted by the impression that the club is top to bottom run by solid football geezers that carry out their day to day work with the exuberance of a competition winner and the charisma of Will Smith (see the digs at the head physio)... Not very likely tho.

I would not cut her any slack....she's been an Exec Director at the club long enough to know (I've got email conversations with her from 2010)

Episode 9 done and dusted.

Interesting exchange between Levy and Tanguy. Didn't film a handshake between the two when it ended.

So many halftime talks of yelling about passion and being a dick. How many times do you have to say the same thing before it just falls on deaf ears? How about some tactical adjustments.

The Lloris and Son exchange is pretty funny. Son and his high pitch yelps. Lloris as a leader should have been a bit more tactful about getting the most out of his teammates.

In general, a decent show that makes you want to watch the next episode at the moment, but after all, no more than decent. Finished watching it some hours ago.

And the nature of it makes it to be somewhat ( at least ) limited, since we are talking about running a football club. Of course that a club will do what it takes to protect itself from revealing some things, a manager will protect himself from revealing too much of his tactical decisions, etc.

It has some nice sides to it like getting more familiar with people's personalities, if something's telling, it's that.

Not that you'll ever get the whole picture, but not a bad watch in the end I guess. These sorts of shows can go only so far.

The biggest difference between this season and the City season has been the availability to see tactics coming from the manager. They showed quite a few video sessions under Pep as well as adjustments. We see zero of that in this documentary.

Back
Top Bottom