Ambition?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately football now has changed in terms of success whether it be on the field or the stock exchange owners the latter,fans the former but one can not work without the other and we, Tottenham Hotspur has finally latched on! But are we doing enough on the football field? For me yes I'm of the age that Jason Dozzel and Andy Sinton were the star turn ffs........so I'm easy pleased and when I read a match thread and folk start slagging of Eriksen,Rose or Son they haven't a clue it could have been a dam sight worse, get a grip!!!, personally I think we are showing ambition to enable us to compete business wise, we have to stadium,sponsorship,wages but I think playing wise we could do more Dybala would have put down a marker but in saying that only if it keeps things on an even keel and things run smooth there's no point from a fans point of view having turmoil on the pitch it affects what happens of the field.

Stumbled across this earlier, from Sept 2018.

Should Spurs fans be concerned about the club’s lack of ambition?

I think that Lineker sees world one-dimensionally. And also bit skewed. We are not "occasinally" punching above our weight. We have been doing it on very constant basis. And now "our weight" is growing as a result of that.

We have been 6th richest club in country... yet we have finished among top 4 in four years in a row, with 2nd and two third places to show for it. Also... we got into CL final. In the long run - do you like it or not, financial power is very strongly linked with success.

No, we have not splashed the cash agressively. But we have been gaining on most of our competitors. I understand that pundits want blood, they want exitement, they want revolution. But the long term gains come from evolution... which happens step by step.

Describing evolution does not rake in as much clicks of course though.

Pundits and the majority of fans want microwave ready meals (Chelsea/city approach) instead of cooking from scratch for hours.

It’s gonna be so sweet when success does come our way, and believe me it’s coming.

Levy got fortunate with hiring Poch and it’s accelerated his vision tenfold but I remember the days when fans of Charlton thought they could step to us. That’s the damage that was done to us in the Lord Sugar years. It’s taken a long time to clean that up.

I think at best (without a sugar daddy) we are Atletico Madrid levels, getting there the same way they have. They are now a big club in their own right but still a struggle to maintain a challenge with the richer clubs. Similar trajectory if you look at their league positions since 2000 (with them being 3-5 years ahead of us). I am happy with that, I think it means more when you earn it.

Pundits and the majority of fans want microwave ready meals (Chelsea/city approach) instead of cooking from scratch for hours.

It’s gonna be so sweet when success does come our way, and believe me it’s coming.

Levy got fortunate with hiring Poch and it’s accelerated his vision tenfold but I remember the days when fans of Charlton thought they could step to us. That’s the damage that was done to us in the Lord Sugar years. It’s taken a long time to clean that up.
Didn't Sugar save the club from going under (and also Maxwell) or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Unfortunately football now has changed in terms of success whether it be on the field or the stock exchange owners the latter,fans the former but one can not work without the other and we, Tottenham Hotspur has finally latched on! But are we doing enough on the football field? For me yes I'm of the age that Jason Dozzel and Andy Sinton were the star turn ffs........so I'm easy pleased and when I read a match thread and folk start slagging of Eriksen,Rose or Son they haven't a clue it could have been a dam sight worse, get a grip!!!, personally I think we are showing ambition to enable us to compete business wise, we have to stadium,sponsorship,wages but I think playing wise we could do more Dybala would have put down a marker but in saying that only if it keeps things on an even keel and things run smooth there's no point from a fans point of view having turmoil on the pitch it affects what happens of the field.
So much common sense in this post .........we should frame it! :)

Back
Top Bottom