Amount we will spend in Summer 2013 - Predictions!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Id love Parker to stay. He obviously isnt a starter or able to do a whole season, but what an option to have off the bench or in the cups.

I can't imagine a situation where we would willingly need to have our play become disjointed and needlessly slowed down by his glue like right foot.

I can't imagine a situation where we would willingly need to have our play become disjointed and needlessly slowed down by his glue like right foot.

No, but I can imagine a situation where we need someone to make a tackle, break up the oppositions play and provide the odd assist while Sandro finds his form and settles after missing nearly a year of football.

He is perfect cover. What should we do, waste time selling and replacing him this window......and yet again spend the energy we should be spending on a striker in midfield?

No, but I can imagine a situation where we need someone to make a tackle, break up the oppositions play and provide the odd assist while Sandro finds his form and settles after missing nearly a year of football.

He is perfect cover. What should we do, waste time selling and replacing him this window......and yet again spend the energy we should be spending on a striker in midfield?

If someone wants to give us money for him we should bite their hand off. We aren't short of energetic players in midfield. With a bit more positional discipline Holtby could just as easily fill that role. Parker looked decidedly passed it at the end of last season.

Yeah, but I mean keep him as a squad player. Good drive and passion.

Would rather bring him on late in a cup game, or towards the end of the season in a big game to sure things up, than Livermore or Holtby..

If he was passed it at the end of last season what makes you think he will be any good at the end of next? Better to have young fresh legs at the end of matches than old tired ones that forget how to pass as soon as there is a ball at their feet.

Point of parlimentary procedure.......rules clarification......is it just what we are spending or are we supposed to guess sales as some have already done?

Motion to table the proceedings to subcommittee.

Can I get a second?

Originally it was just the overall amount spent not taking into account outgoings. It's a free for all now though, go crazy.

Because he will be a utility player as opposed to starting every game for 6 months

Just think that if we can recoup even a fraction of the £8 Million, we should. He would be a pretty expensive utility player. He used to be able to do a job of breaking down attacks, but he didn't do a lot of that this season.

agree completely, when needed Parker can do a job. I'd much rather have him to come on than Huddlestone/Livermore if we need to see out a game and break up their midfield.

It's funny I never wanted to see Hudd in our team again, and twice he came on at the back end of the season and changed the game (City at home was one). That said, he's nowhere consistent enough and we can get some money for him.

It's funny I never wanted to see Hudd in our team again, and twice he came on at the back end of the season and changed the game (City at home was one). That said, he's nowhere consistent enough and we can get some money for him.
yeah he did do a job when he came on a couple of times. Basel away springs to mind as well. But like you said he's not consistent, and he's still pretty young so we'll be able to get a few million off someone like Sunderland so I won't be gutted if he leaves.

Back
Top Bottom