And if you know your history

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

19th August '78
1-1 at the City Ground.
Ossie and Ricky's debut. But who else made their THFC debut that day...?
Was there - paid 7.50 return on the train.
In the Forest end - our side bit was packed out.

Thanks for that. Just discovered a new player I didn't know about before - Mark Kendall:

He was a young goalkeeper who came through our youth ranks and, although he didn't have much success with us, he kept 28 clean sheets for Wolves in 1987/88 as part of their promotion from the old 4th Division and was an ever-present in the team that won promotion to the 2nd Division in the following season.

It's always nice to hear about players who struggled to make the grade with us achieve success elsewhere even if it's not at top flight level.

Thanks for that. Just discovered a new player I didn't know about before - Mark Kendall:

He was a young goalkeeper who came through our youth ranks and, although he didn't have much success with us, he kept 28 clean sheets for Wolves in 1987/88 as part of their promotion from the old 4th Division and was an ever-present in the team that won promotion to the 2nd Division in the following season.

It's always nice to hear about players who struggled to make the grade with us achieve success elsewhere even if it's not at top flight level.
I barely remember him, obviously recognise the name.

Maybe someone like Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor or Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman would remember him better.

Yup - was also there that day. Norwich scored a last minute equalizer from a free kick.
Martin Peters of all people!!!

You have a much better memory than me.

All I recall is spending most of the match singing 'i can't read and I can't write but I can drive a tractor, I turns it left, I turns it right, I can drive a tractor' to them.

25th August 1984
Everton 1 Tottenham Hotspur 4

I believe we are still the only two teams to have lost our first game of the season at home by 4-1....
And gone on to win the title.

Saw Mark Kendal play a couple of times,at least for us. I liked him as a kid because on my visits to the Cheshunt training ground,he was always socialable. Like Gazza a few years later,I think he still had something of the kid still inside him. A mate of Mine ,who lived near the ground remembers him having a mud fight with him and his mates during a combination fixture!

Back
Top Bottom