And rightly so.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good.

Sometimes it becomes a sense of pure stupidity.

In tennis there is parity and that in my opinion is astonishing but at least the women in that sport can lay claim to big crowds, high levels of pay from all manner of sponsors and prime time tv slots on occasion.

Woman and footy have a long way to go before that similar claim can be made with any sense of justification.

Good decision.

I don't have a problem with women's football. I have been to quite a few games over the years.

However, football is a business. Until women's matches bring in the same match day revenue and TV money they will be hard pressed to justify earning the same money as in the men's game.

I was getting quite bored of the women’s football movement before the lockdown. The space given to it on podcasts far exceeds the public desire for it. Maybe a quarter of the time of the pod, but lower leagues got nothing.

People enjoy it? Thats fine, but the rest of us might not want it shoved in our face all the time.

Women's football is totally subsidised by the men's game and is pushed far beyond what the product deserves.
The standard in non league football is far greater, the non league clubs have to stand on their own feet and balance the books accordingly and yet they get hardly any TV coverage. We also don't get any non league players getting pundits roles on the TV either, despite playing the game at a much higher level.
The agenda stinks and to constantly keep pushing it is a serious turn off.

People enjoy it? Thats fine, but the rest of us might not want it shoved in our face all the time.

That's no different to anything though. I have no interest in lots of other sports, but they can still be shoved in my face. I don't care what the latest idiot celebrity has said or done. I don't care which character died in a soap opera. There are always going to be things we don't care about making the headlines.
To generate interest in things they have to have them front and centre which means people who don't want to see it have to put up with it as well.

Incidentally im glad they've failed at this. For one I can't stand Megan Rapinoe, for two they are in a very privileged position and are paid very well already, and for three there is nowhere near the same level of interest and exposure in the women's game.
The mens game brings in a lot more in terms of TV exposure and sponsorship money. Even now when the women's team have won so much they're more known for this lawsuit than their Olympic and world cup wins.

That's no different to anything though. I have no interest in lots of other sports, but they can still be shoved in my face. I don't care what the latest idiot celebrity has said or done. I don't care which character died in a soap opera. There are always going to be things we don't care about making the headlines.
To generate interest in things they have to have them front and centre which means people who don't want to see it have to put up with it as well.

Incidentally im glad they've failed at this. For one I can't stand Megan Rapinoe, for two they are in a very privileged position and are paid very well already, and for three there is nowhere near the same level of interest and exposure in the women's game.
The mens game brings in a lot more in terms of TV exposure and sponsorship money. Even now when the women's team have won so much they're more known for this lawsuit than their Olympic and world cup wins.
Fair, but if I don’t want to know what a celebrity is up to, I’ll not read the Mail Online.

If I’m listening to Football Weekly, I want to know about football. The women’s game holds absolutely no interest to me, much less so than foreign or lower leagues of the men’s game. But podcasts aren’t recorded to cater for just me, so maybe I’m in the minority. I doubt I am though.

I'm not interested in women's or international football myself either, but I don't have a problem with it being covered especially on a football programme. I have no interest in European football or anything outside of the premiership really, but many people do so it makes sense to cover them on a football program.
To be fair though this is the first thing I've heard about women's football in ages, it's in the news for a couple of weeks when there's a big tournament on then it's forgotten about. I can live with that.

I have no problem with the womens game and have been too watch our Ladies several times and enjoyed it. But if they got equal pay, then there's an argument that lower league/non league should get more as well.

I can't say I enjoy women's football as a spectator sport. I want our women to win, but the little I've seen definitely wouldn't make me switch it on, even if there was nothing else for me to watch. TBH I don't watch a lot of football anyway, unless it's Spurs I'm not really interested. Better things to do with my time!

Back
Top Bottom