Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As much as I'm not a Walker fan he is our only option at RB, Trippier was a joke last night-gave his man 20 yards of space every single time he got the ball-his defending was shocking, looks like a shit buy to me.

AGAIN we missed chances at one nil and should have been cruising-leaves us having to field strong teams in the remaining games now which will hurt our league campaign-massive chance missed last night cos they aren't good:-/

I also thought we had worked things out, but then you come and say something I disagree with again:(. Dembele didn't have a good game again, he was poor, but he wasn't played as an inside forward. Who would you've put on for Trippier? Yeah, he was poor last night but Townsend was shite, he gave Trippier zero cover. Townsend was the real problem. I'll give you that, he should never have been on the pitch for 80 minutes, poor from Poch not to recognize.

I promise never to disagree with you again!
:disdain:

Who would have I put on for Trippier?

Anyone who has a pulse!

Same for Townsend!

Symbolic of a shocking performance all round , Hugo aside but even he came in for criticism for not kicking the ball properly and I get called a melt!

I thought Pooch was taking the EL seriously but obviously not!

:pochsulk:

Anyone who has a pulse!

Same for Townsend!

Symbolic of a shocking performance all round , Hugo aside but even he came in for criticism for not kicking the ball properly and I get called a melt!

i wonder if levy has told poch what our priorities are? or is that up to poch?

Anyone who has a pulse!

Same for Townsend!

I just don't think this can work out, Bazali :(

I've said this a lot of times before, i dont understand how you guys can cope with the stewarding in England. Its as if your country is the only one that suffered from Hooliganism, we had and still have our fair share of that but in Belgium they chose to take a bit more distance and let fans enjoy their freedom a bit more which in turn leads to a lot less frustration and aggravation. Everytime i'm at spurs i get nervous from the stewards, the amount of things you cant do, say etc is just mental.

Agreed.
As an aside, the view from the lower tier away section was dreadful and as for the god awful drum and ridiculously loud tannoy announcer, the least said the better.

Overall though, it was a most enjoyable couple of days.

i wonder if levy has told poch what our priorities are? or is that up to poch?

I wonder if their philosophies are the same!

Press high, run around alot, get possession, pass sideways, lose it, start again, hope for a free kick in Eriksen's range, get a corner or free kick out wide, take it, fail to clear 1st man of defence, lose possession.....

Press high, run around alot......

Watch Groundhog Day, reminisce about AVB, hang on just the same!

Only difference is Poch says he's happy with squad!

:pocheyes:

It's funny how N'Jie comes on, up front against Man City and looks fantastic, yet after tonight he is "Not good enough to lead our line" and "Might be better than Townsend one day".

The boy is young and raw, we all knew that coming in. He will have good games and bad games, but writing him off after he's played what, 300 minutes for us? That's just nonsense. The same goes for Trippier. Has barely kicked a ball for us this year but "Should be nowhere near the team" when all season everyone has been calling for the not so bad Kyle Walker to be dropped.

This forum is full of melting wankers who need to learn about the big picture, not the last 90 fucking minutes where nobody played good.

Eriksen looked a bit shit last night. Should we just sell him?

:dembelefingers:
can u really not see the difference in leading the line from the start. & coming on against tired defenders whilst in the lead which means city had to throw more men foward which left more space for him.

he did superb when he came on against city. which proves he is a good impact player.

all i am saying is he is unproven leading the line from the start.

i may be wrong. but i am sure it was said on the forum that at his last club he was more of an impact player coming on.
which is very handy to have.
a bit of pace against tiring defenders.

hopefully he can be made in to a player who can lead the line well too.

some of us just dont think he will.
just an opinion.

u may think he will turn out to lead the line well.
thats up to u.

lets hope he proves he can play that role.
he just doesnt seem that suited to leading the line from the start in my opinion.

Last edited:
I just don't think this can work out, Bazali :(

:(

I'll change!

No more melting!

Poch for Argentina!
:bow:

Make Townsend captain, Trippier vice!

I have a good pension!

I like Bacon but only Danish!

I drink Carlsberg!

I always fuck on the 1st date!

:rolleyes:

Only difference is Poch says he's happy with squad!

:pocheyes:

Saying he's unhappy with the squad isn't going to get him any players till January. Does he piss you off because he is clever enough to avoid a press feeding frenzy? "Anarchy at Tottenham as Pochettino slams squad". Surely you've had enough of that old bollocks? I know l have.

Saying he's unhappy with the squad isn't going to get him any players till January. Does he piss you off because he is clever enough to avoid a press feeding frenzy? "Anarchy at Tottenham as Pochettino slams squad". Surely you've had enough of that old bollocks? I know l have.

Yes me too so all he has to say is that he isn't happy with the current squad and will be looking to improve it.
Whether Levy will allow that is something else!

No need to slam the squad as a few of them are managing that all by themselves!

Yes me too so all he has to say is that he isn't happy with the current squad and will be looking to improve it.
Whether Levy will allow that is something else!

No need to slam the squad as a few of them are managing that all by themselves!

You're being naive. "Isn't happy with the squad" turns into "Poch wields axe as January clear out looms. Levy unavailable for comment".

This is how the press works. We've got a young team like it or not. Poch is being smart by not rocking the boat with stupid comments - l don't know why you can't see that.

That makes too much sense for most.

It's obvious to anyone with a brain this is exactly why Poch hasn't come out criticising.

can u really not see the difference in leading the line from the start. & coming on against tired defenders whilst in the lead which means city had to throw more men foward which left more space for him.

he did superb when he came on against city. which proves he is a good impact player.

all i am saying is he is unproven leading the line from the start.

i may be wrong. but i am sure it was said on the forum that at his last club he was more of an impact player coming on.
which is very handy to have.
a bit of pace against tiring defenders.

hopefully he can be made in to a player who can lead the line well too.

some of us just dont think he will.
just an opinion.

u may think he will turn out to lead the line well.
thats up to u.

lets hope he proves he can play that role.
he just doesnt seem that suited to leading the line from the start in my opinion.

He got 7 goals and 7 assists last year and not all of those were from the bench. He's new to the league. Doesn't speak any fucking English and for the most part is unlikely to be accustomed to life in London in the slightest.

The main gripe is trying to judge him so soon in his career when not every player hits the ground running. Harry didn't look great for us until the Europa League last year and before that he looked like a player who would never be good enough for Spurs. I thought it and I know I'm not alone.

People in here are far too quick to be writing off our (and this word is important) back up players. They get mad that we don't have a bench full of world beaters. If Trippier was better than Walker he wouldn't have cost 3 million. But we bought him because he is better than Vlad Chiriches.

We didn't buy N'Jie because he is ready to be our number 1 striker. We bought him as back up for Kane who could also play on the wings.

Why is anyone expecting miracles from our backups?

"Decent young team becoming harder to beat"

They didn't look particularly hard to beat last night but if you're genuinely as happy with last night's performance as Poch is with his squad then let's all keep quiet in case we upset the press!

I thought last night's performance, apart from the 1st 10 mins when they thought we were good and gave us respect, was boring, stultifying and unacceptable to those fans who were out there!
After they equalised the whole team just lost confidence and put in a shit performance!
That's what needs to be addressed!

How we do that I don't know but I'm not a manager on a mega salary.
Poch is!

Back
Top Bottom