Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was crap last night. So was the carling cup against Woolwich. But ripping it up & starting again, throwing the baby out with the bath water & any other weary cliche anyone can come up with is plain wrong. The manager is young. The squad is young. The chairman is a tight fisted cunt

What the fuck do people expect? World class performances every match? Not too long ago we destroyed the most expensive squad ever assembled. Not just a narrow victory- a proper mullering. Consistency comes with experience. And anyone who expects consistency with Spurs is supporting the wrong team IMO. We never get consistency because levy sells our best players if the numbers are right & sacks the manager as soon as things go wrong. I'm backing Poch for a while yet. I don't think getting rid of him or dismantling this team is going to end well.

More transition. Players in & out. Seen it too often under Enic's rule & it's time to give our manager a good run at it without selling his top players & expecting him to plait horse muck.

Keep the core of this squad & I genuinely think performances like last night will be the exception. Quick fixes fix fuck all long term.

We need a winner. A big fat 'this isn't fucking good enough' winner. Someone to drag us upfield, and hold it together when it's going to shit. lf we can find this player, a natural leader, we will have a tasty squad. Gotta pay though - got to pay whatever it takes to bring this young team together - and no, l don't know who, but we need him. Dembele could have been that man if he didn't have his head up his arse.

A winner. Identify him, pay him want he wants, and win stuff. Everything else is irrelevant.

We need a winner. A big fat 'this isn't fucking good enough' winner. Someone to drag us upfield, and hold it together when it's going to shit. lf we can find this player, a natural leader, we will have a tasty squad. Gotta pay though - got to pay whatever it takes to bring this young team together - and no, l don't know who, but we need him. Dembele could have been that man if he didn't have his head up his arse.

A winner. Identify him, pay him want he wants, and win stuff. Everything else is irrelevant.
:harryhmm:

Decent shout there. Who is that player though? Personally, I'd love someone like Ibrahimovic. Hugely experienced, hugely talented & the only thing left to prove is how good he could be in the premiership showing the way for our young guns. He won't be coming though. Pipe dream time. We need a big personality like that I think. But obviously the worry with a big character is the fact he may end up another :adeohshit:

Decent shout there. Who is that player though? Personally, I'd love someone like Ibrahimovic. Hugely experienced, hugely talented & the only thing left to prove is how good he could be in the premiership showing the way for our young guns. He won't be coming though. Pipe dream time. We need a big personality like that I think. But obviously the worry with a big character is the fact he may end up another :adeohshit:
No, not a flake. I don't know who he is, but l know what we need. Let the 'recruitment' team sort it out. I'd like a DM/box to box type of player who has won things. An old fashioned left half.

It would have been a walkover were it not for Hugo!
:llorisserious:

All these s blaming one players performance on another players performance!

Who set the fucking team and tactics up for fucks sake?

Or are we going to blame Levy for that?

Time some of you got a reality check!
If only me auntie had bollocks she'd be me uncle.

I've got great hopes that Dier can progress to be the 'Dave Mackay' type player I think you and we all want!

We need a DM emoji IMO!

I watched 9 matches in 1/2 an hour last night. The first Anderlecht goal looked like Industrial League soccer defending.

Back
Top Bottom