Andre Villas-Boas Philosophy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guido 🇺🇦

"Legacy Fan"
First Off I am sorry if this thread has been done before, but try putting AVB in search and 1 million hits latter.......you get my drift.

Philosophy: a theory or attitude held by a person or organization that acts as a guiding principle for behavior: Get out there and fucking run about a bit, that's my philosophy; H. Redknapp.

Anyway, Football philosophy is spouted by all and sundry nowadays, which I have no problem with, actually I like a club getting behind a philosophy. If everyone is onboard with and understands it, then in theory they should all know their place in it and how to impact it.

What bugs me is no one has told me what our philosophy actualy is. Having a "high back line" is not a philosophy it's a tactic.

Can anyone communicate what “our” philosophy actually is?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ndre-Villas-Boass-footballing-philosophy.html

I did find this an interesting read in the Telegraph during his spell at Chelsea. What I especially like is it also gives us insight to Daniel Sousa, Head of Opposition Scouting too.
Screen-Shot-2012-12-02-at-09.49.47.png

Our philosphy how interpret what AVB says and tries to play:
Possessional play inviting pressure from opponents so as to negate them once you play the ball forward. We also have a policy of congesting the field of play so as to be able to press the other teams ball carrier in seconds should we lose control of the ball. (this is what Barca do very well and why they can use such a bad goalkeeper as valdez, compared to the actual great keepers out there, without encountering too many problems)

Yeah, there's been lots written about his philosophy.

Boiling it down, it's attacking and possessive football, aimed at recycling possession efficiently by pressing heavily both in the attack and on defense, probing while in possession through lateral passing, then quickly translating that to vertical movement when an opportunity presents itself, with incisive attacking movement.

I'm not sure I conflate AVB's philosophy with "our" philosophy. Our philosophy is and always will be what it always has been. We've suffered years of turgid shit in the past, it didn't stop us worshipping the famous Spurs style.

I'm not sure I conflate AVB's philosophy with "our" philosophy. Our philosophy is and always will be what it always has been. We've suffered years of turgid shit in the past, it didn't stop us worshipping the famous Spurs style.
I think you just pointed it out though, we want and crave a style which emphasizes attack and goal scoring opportunities. That can be done in more than one way, we do also want it to be done with a predominantly ground based pass-and-move though and I feel AVB complies with this.

Yeah I agree with that. It can be achieved in more than one way. The ultimate aim of playing attacking football is "ours". I thought there's a distinction to be made there. I'm a bit drunk so probably going off on a tangent

As long as the AVB philosophy :ninja: incorperates the main tenet of crush, kill and destroy for the opposition , especially the Woolwich I will be happy.

Tony Pulis has a hat with a head underneath it.

They both just fell off.

He wears that hat to hide the little face on the back of his head that keeps trying to convince him to switch to a passing style of football. It's called Bernard and it has read inverting the pyramid, it knows all about the Moniz style of nurturing youth players. And it has a three year plan to turn Stoke into a cultured free flowing bastion of purist football. It was Bernard who wanted to sign Tom Huddlestone. Pulis took the hat off in the summer because it was too hot see.

He wears that hat to hide the little face on the back of his head that keeps trying to convince him to switch to a passing style of football. It's called Bernard and it has read inverting the pyramid, it knows all about the Moniz style of nurturing youth players. And it has a three year plan to turn Stoke into a cultured free flowing bastion of purist football. It was Bernard who wanted to sign Tom Huddlestone. Pulis took the hat off in the summer because it was too hot see.
And poor Crouch was unaware when snapped up.

He had no idea his feet would become vestigial structures.

Back
Top Bottom