Andre Villas-Boas Philosophy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know if AVB will ever be "successful" in football, but he may end up the happiest man to ever be a manager of top flight football. You can tell he very much regards it merely as a profession that affords him a life he very much enjoys - the opportunity to experience the world and develop relationships with a wide variety of people from dozens of cultures.

Football is definitely an interest to him, but not something through which he defines himself. I think this is why I'll always like AVB, even if he oversaw some dreadful football at Tottenham...I find him fascinating and admirable.

I don't know if AVB will ever be "successful" in football, but he may end up the happiest man to ever be a manager of top flight football. You can tell he very much regards it merely as a profession that affords him a life he very much enjoys - the opportunity to experience the world and develop relationships with a wide variety of people from dozens of cultures.

Football is definitely an interest to him, but not something through which he defines himself. I think this is why I'll always like AVB, even if he oversaw some dreadful football at Tottenham...I find him fascinating and admirable.

I'll always admire AVB just for the fact he brought Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Lamela and Dembele to the club. All of which have provided us with so much joy over the years.

And THAT Bale season. First win at OT, beat Woolwich and City in great fashion etc.

Shame his football wasn't enjoyable. Did make us relatively hard to beat at times through his tenure though.

I'll always admire AVB just for the fact he brought Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Lamela and Dembele to the club. All of which have provided us with so much joy over the years.

And THAT Bale season. First win at OT, beat Woolwich and City in great fashion etc.

Shame his football wasn't enjoyable. Did make us relatively hard to beat at times through his tenure though.
I think we remember the bad of AVB more than the good, for whatever reason. If Soldado had come good, I'm not sure he'd have gotten the sack. Of course, then we never have Poch and we probably would've sold Kane to fucking Bournemouth.

Not having a time machine is a blessing in the end, was discussing as much with my wife last night. The ability to go back and rewrite the past would probably make you the most miserable person in history.

I think we remember the bad of AVB more than the good, for whatever reason. If Soldado had come good, I'm not sure he'd have gotten the sack. Of course, then we never have Poch and we probably would've sold Kane to fucking Bournemouth.

Not having a time machine is a blessing in the end, was discussing as much with my wife last night. The ability to go back and rewrite the past would probably make you the most miserable person in history.

AVB loved Kane.

He gave him his Premier League debut and started him in the cups. I'm not sure he'd have given him the starts like Sherwood did at the end of his tenure. But he was definitely setting up to be a Spurs starter in future.

Hated the football but liked the guy.

He's a real life Championship Manager-game playing outsider that got his foot in the door.

I think he is honestly more passionate about the business/backstage side of things. He's been very open about wanting to run for president of Porto.

He also likes that being a manager gives him a job where he can travel to different countries and take part in new cultures.

He is a interesting cat.

I think he is honestly more passionate about the business/backstage side of things. He's been very open about wanting to run for president of Porto.

He also likes that being a manager gives him a job where he can travel to different countries and take part in new cultures.

He is a interesting cat.
I'd have him as a DoF, I really would. AVB's blue and white boardroom!

Moussa Sissoko
Soccer_WCup_France_Argentina.JPG.jpg

Let's be honest. Diego was one of those early names that defied the traditional look of a top class athlete. His height alone made him break that barrier. Just like Messi has done for his entire career.

Last edited:

I think he is simply not a head coach. I bet he brings more than the hat stand Scramento currently does. Peter principle incarnate. Simply promoted a level beyond hid worth. Be a useful tactically astute fulcrum to an attacking coach. Good number two for a Bielsa

I did actually really enjoy the time under AVB. His first season was quite good, there was a lot of hope and optimism. I do wonder though how much Bale covered up for his tactical errors at times, which in his second season probably proved this.

I certainly didn't dislike him as a manager though.

I did actually really enjoy the time under AVB. His first season was quite good, there was a lot of hope and optimism. I do wonder though how much Bale covered up for his tactical errors at times, which in his second season probably proved this.

I certainly didn't dislike him as a manager though.
I think the Bale effect covered up a whole lot of shit.

Back
Top Bottom