Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
We should try pushing him up the pitch a bit more, he can stretch the opposition's defence if they think he will have a crack at goal from distance.

Why? His finishing this season has been the worst at the club. He softens us from other goal scoring ops like attacking corners and set pieces and he does not have the intelligence to pick the lock of a parked bus.

At whose expense would you risk the gamble that Townsends scuffathons will end? Eriksens? Holtbys? Lamelas?

Squawka get it wrong often.
Not usually, and in this case they are still correct.

Apparently Lennon has a 100% strike accuracy rate. lol
Actually, it appears that he does. His page at the official site is showing a 96% accuracy rate, and it's only that because of the FC Sheriff game where he was 50%. Otherwise, it shows that he's 100%.

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/132432/andros-townsend?cc=5901

I said none of his prem shots went in. His prem goal was a cross.

Nice caveat you've got there for yourself. I love you like to put the "cherry picking" label on everyone else, but it's still one of your favorite ways to make a case. You inflated his number of shots and purposely put an unmentioned reasoning for why you didn't include his goal.

You know what the worst part is? You are making me defend Townsend and I really don't want to.

Why? His finishing this season has been the worst at the club. He softens us from other goal scoring ops like attacking corners and set pieces and he does not have the intelligence to pick the lock of a parked bus.

At whose expense would you risk the gamble that Townsends scuffathons will end? Eriksens? Holtbys? Lamelas?
Actually, you're wrong again.

Shot Accuracy:
Townsend - 71%
Bentaleb - 68%
Paulinho - 67% (WHAT?! One of our treasured Brazilians??)
Sigurdsson - 65%

Goals/Shots:
Paulinho - 8.7%
Sigurdsson - 7.7%
Townsend - 2.7%
Bentaleb - 0%

Nice caveat you've got there for yourself. I love you like to put the "cherry picking" label on everyone else, but it's still one of your favorite ways to make a case. You inflated his number of shots and purposely put an unmentioned reasoning for why you didn't include his goal.

You know what the worst part is? You are making me defend Townsend and I really don't want to.

Start of Dec:

https://www.bsports.com/extratime/l...er-league-tottenham-manchester-city-liverpool

Sorry..he was not worst at Spurs..I got it wrong. He was the worst in the league among goal scorers apparently by Dec. Since then hes been injured or dropped etc but still has made a bad stat WORSE since then.

The fact that his goal was a cross, pretty much encompasses everything that is ironic in the know universe.

But I am a troll right? Picking on him because he's English etc etc waaah.

I'm guessing by the activity of 'Ignored Member' somewhere in here captain hypocrit is at it again.

Without even needing to see, I'll guess it involves heavy criticism.

I don't suppose it's come in yet about how he's only 22 and has just 13 more league appearances for Tottenham than Nabil Bentaleb. Didn't think so ;)

Start of Dec:

https://www.bsports.com/extratime/l...er-league-tottenham-manchester-city-liverpool

Sorry..he was not worst at Spurs..I got it wrong. He was the worst in the league among goal scorers apparently by Dec. Since then hes been injured or dropped etc but still has made a bad stat WORSE since then.

The fact that his goal was a cross, pretty much encompasses everything that is ironic in the know universe.

Again, I'm not defending him nor do I want to. I feel that he's a liability, takes too many shots with many of those succeeding in doing nothing other than turning over the ball, and he let early attention go to his head. The fact is though that you can't just make up information or cherry pick it to suit your argument.

But I am a troll right?
Yes.

Picking on him because he's English etc etc waaah.
That's probably part of the reason, but I don't think that it is entirely the reason why you are having a go at him. I'm not English, so I don't take any particular offense to your tendency to target our players with that nationality, but I find it to be an unfairly biased and targeted complaint.

That's probably part of the reason, but I don't think that it is entirely the reason why you are having a go at him. I'm not English, so I don't take any particular offense to your tendency to target our players with that nationality, but I find it to be an unfairly biased and targeted complaint.

For context of the annoyance of the nationality thing, imagine if someone continually made statements like "American players lower the football IQ of the squad" or "American players have always been awful at Tottenham" or "We should blame these American players who cant attack".. not like-for-like, but you'd be a bit like what the hell does Keller/Friedel/Dempsey being American have to do with anything.

Players should be judged by their effort & ability, not their national allegiances. He doesn't understand why judging someone (or at least appearing to) by Nationality is offensive.

IMO zero prem assists from a winger who will be 23 in the summer is criminal. None of his prem shots at goal have gone in and he had over 50.

I don't know why we are still talking about potential. Almost everything he does is a negative apart from dribbling. He needs to go. If he has a razzle dazzle world cup we should cash in.

There is literally no player in this world that will please you is there?

For context of the annoyance of the nationality thing, imagine if someone continually made statements like "American players lower the football IQ of the squad" or "American players have always been awful at Tottenham" or "We should blame these American players who cant attack".. not like-for-like, but you'd be a bit like what the hell does Keller/Friedel/Dempsey being American have to do with anything.

Players should be judged by their effort & ability, not their national allegiances. He doesn't understand why judging someone (or at least appearing to) by Nationality is offensive.
image032.jpg

I don't know enough about this conversation to know if you are looking meet a drone.

image032.jpg

I don't know enough about this conversation to know if you are looking meet a drone.

Not sure what you mean.

It was in relation to what I assume is our new MrPopular131 feeling the need to continually lambast not just "player x" or "player y" but "English Players". Does it an awful lot.

ILSpur has called it out repeatedly, but said he isn't offended as he's not English, so I was providing context to what I assume is his nationality.

I take offence to the categorisation and targeting of our "English players" as I think he (131) has an agenda

Townsend was one of our most positive players at the weekend. Thought he had a good game vs Dnipro and was ok vs Cardiff. He deserves to keep his place.

I'd like to see him do well, he hasn't really had a consistent run in the team in a given position. Given there is an absolute void on the left side of the pitch...

I think he has talent, I also think he has a lot to learn.
And on top of that, while I appreciate he can frustrate, I think people are judging him really harshly considering his relative inexperience.

Not sure what you mean.

It was in relation to what I assume is our new MrPopular131 feeling the need to continually lambast not just "player x" or "player y" but "English Players". Does it an awful lot.

ILSpur has called it out repeatedly, but said he isn't offended as he's not English, so I was providing context to what I assume is his nationality.

I take offence to the categorisation and targeting of our "English players" as I think he (131) has an agenda

Yea. I don't see the point on grouping players by nationality...unless its an "AMERICA IS THE TITS!" thread...then yea, Americans are the best by default- natural selection or divine influence...have your pick.

I think he has talent, I also think he has a lot to learn.
And on top of that, while I appreciate he can frustrate, I think people are judging him really harshly considering his relative inexperience.

Bang on.

Let's give him the next 10 games to just play.

Bang on.

Let's give him the next 10 games to just play.

Absolutely, though for me with the caveat of simplifying his role so he stands more chance of performing better and helping the team more.

Id like to see him on the left, where he is more responsible for carrying play forward and supplying his team mates. Rather than on the right where he seems to feel he has to be a matchwinner more directly...

Back
Top Bottom