Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy is responsible for buying players now is he? 🤦‍♀️

Will there ever a moment where you'll let that man live rent free out of your head at any point or is he going to keep ruling your entire thought process?
You’re the one on here taking bullets left right and centre for him . You are fighting so many arguments at any given time you must be part octopus

You’re the one on here taking bullets left right and centre for him . You are fighting so many arguments at any given time you must be part octopus

Which bullets am I taking for him?

You said something completely stupid cause you're a childish moron, I rebuttal'd it with logic, that's got nothing to do with Daniel Levy :confused:

Here's a couple of questions that have been keeping me awake regarding Ange's tactics and team selections.

Are the current Spurs squad better than the Villa squad? I think yes. Outside of McGinn and Watkins who else would you want from Villa?

Would Emery get more out of the current Spurs squad, than Ange has been since Christmas, using his coaching methods?

I've watched inferior starting 11 teams, coached by Marco Silva and Eddie Howe, unpick Ange's Spurs in a similar way to today's shit show.

Woolwich didn't win today. They turned up, were organised and Spurs lost the game.

I'm sick of watching the locomotion while defending every single corner. It's embarrassing.

Also; VAR should definitely have intervened and disallowed Saka's goal today; regardless of whether they felt Spurs deserved a penalty. Woolwich gained an advantage from the clear foul on Kulu by Trossard. But that does not excuse the freedom of Haringey which was given to Saka as he entered the Spurs half in a foot race with Ben Davies.

It's predictably shit and the tactics Spurs are employing under Ange are a weakness that has been continually exploited.

We are now in AVB territory with Ange.

It isn't good enough and the players seem to have stopped believing in the attacking and defensive methods.

View: https://x.com/AlasdairGold/status/1784610694429638866

View: https://x.com/AlasdairGold/status/1784610696887431415

Asked Postecoglou if he now acknowledges there's a bigger issue with Spurs defending set pieces this season:

"No because it's understanding where you are as a football team. If I thought fixing defensive set pieces was the answer to us bridging the gap then I'd put all of my time and effort into that. But that's not where we're at.

For us it's about, when I was focused on the details of, not just set pieces but a lot of moments in games where we don't sense that you give good opposition the time and the space to do things then they're going to hurt you. I think they maybe had four attempts on goal in the first half and they conceded three. I don't think it's about one part of it, I think it's a bigger, broader picture than that, but our defensive set pieces for those two were very poor.

But there's a lot more than that to fix."

talking in absolute riddles. The first paragraph is actually quite scary.

Here's a couple of questions that have been keeping me awake regarding Ange's tactics and team selections.

Are the current Spurs squad better than the Villa squad? I think yes. Outside of McGinn and Watkins who else would you want from Villa?

Would Emery get more out of the current Spurs squad, than Ange has been since Christmas, using his coaching methods?

I've watched inferior starting 11 teams, coached by Marco Silva and Eddie Howe, unpick Ange's Spurs in a similar way to today's shit show.

Woolwich didn't win today. They turned up, were organised and Spurs lost the game.

I'm sick of watching the locomotion while defending every single corner. It's embarrassing.

Also; VAR should definitely have intervened and disallowed Saka's goal today; regardless of whether they felt Spurs deserved a penalty. Woolwich gained an advantage from the clear foul on Kulu by Trossard. But that does not excuse the freedom of Haringey which was given to Saka as he entered the Spurs half in a foot race with Ben Davies.

It's predictably shit and the tactics Spurs are employing under Ange are a weakness that has been continually exploited.

We are now in AVB territory with Ange.

It isn't good enough and the players seem to have stopped believing in the attacking and defensive methods.
Douglas Luis, Bailey, Martinez.

Ange is a fake a fraud and imposture literally a Harry redknapp manager , if plan A doesn’t work he doesn’t know what to do .he's shown he’s tactically inept keep doing the same mistakes over and over but won’t do anything to change it corners and vicario come to mind .inverted wingers does not work because we concede to many goals and leave our self wide open at the back what does he do plays the same the the next match .he’s been found out and this team isn’t good enough to win anything playing like this .

The great thing to see is the fans have maintained the positive manner from the first 10 games of the season.
Well in fairness after all the suspensions and injuries in the implosion against the Chavs we spent most of vanes 11-20 telling ourselves as we lost most games that we had the best team in the league once we got everyone back on the field. That soon went out the window though as results failed to improve much even with a full hand again.

Our best football has been with Richarlison up top as a focal point. Fair enough when he's been injured but there's been times like today where he's been available and he leaves him on the bench. There was a marked improvement in our fight once richarlison was on. Like I said previously he needs to adapt tactically. You can still be an attacking side and be solid at the back there's other fomations and instructions that would currently suit this squad much better. There's a multitude of ways that he can do this bit he's being stubborn and he's being shown up. He's looking like an absolute amateur right now. Absolutely zero response from the Newcastle game up until we was gifted a goal. It's simply not fucking good enough right now. The football for the most part has been consistently shit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom