Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

arteta and klopp never sent their team out to die in a game the same way he did against chelsea. never seen anything like it. thats going to lose him some players belief and its understandable.
Arteta and Klopp had some absolute stinkers of games in their opening season(s).

But they were by and large given the opportunity to upgrade the below par players with much better players.

It’s just hard to see Ange being afforded the same opportunities.

Arteta and Klopp had some absolute stinkers of games in their opening season(s).

But they were by and large given the opportunity to upgrade the below par players with much better players.

It’s just hard to see Ange being afforded the same opportunities.
having some stinker games isnt the same as football suicide which is what he gave us against chelsea. no coincidence its been a huge drop off since then. the midfield hasnt been the same since.

how you going to trust a manager that gets you to push up to the halfway line with 9 men? its insanity. complete misunderstanding of how football works. jackson scored a hatrick ffs!

A goalkeeper than cannot defend set pieces.

Wingers who cannot cross a ball.

Strikers who can't hold the ball up.

Midfielders who cannot pass.

You are only as good as your biggest weakness.

A goalkeeper than cannot defend set pieces.

Wingers who cannot cross a ball.

Strikers who can't hold the ball up.

Midfielders who cannot pass.

You are only as good as your biggest weakness.
coaches who can't make arrangement for set pieces after conceding 14 goals

players who can't shoot on target even inside the box

Gaffer who won't make adjustment in tactics after nearly a season in charge

but we do have FBs who play as striker or looking like one

Been found out. He'll be sacked next season.
which is why he should be chopped now. why kill another season? pub side manager that looks like hes lost the dressing room now.

i got duped early too, i think its more in hope, ill hope the next manager is the one too! but looking back now look how fucking dumb the whole things been! hes never managed a top side in his life and gets this job. hes not got a clue how to fix things, if he did we would of seen a different system. hes still banging his head against a wall wondering how his counter attacking wingers arent producing against brick walls!!! he thinks the midfield is the problem HAHAHHAHAHA.

if the big players we have got have lost faith in him its dangerous keeping him here because they will turn sour and want out the club. romero, VDV, maddison, porro, udogie, vic, sarr. these are good players that are struggling due to this idiot persisting with a system that doesnt fit any front 3 he can put out.

hes managed one club in europe and thats celtic! LOL. what the fuck was we thinking!

Last edited:
We’ve hired a small time manager with a history coaching against limited athletes and managers in a crap league and it shows. He never had to cut his teeth on the elite of the elite and this is our fundamental problem.

He has some good ideas but as far as we can tell, his general solution is to commit more and more men forward in increasingly compromising and kamikaze fashion just to cross it across the 6 yard box for tap ins with sheer overload and speed. That’s always worked for him, mitigate the lack of technical talent by committing more men, simple enough, and sod the defense, the other teams aren’t good enough to punish us.

And I’ve seen the J League and the SPL and he’s right, they aren’t good enough. Chalobah and Badiashile are 6’4”, strong, pacey athletes who cover a lot of ground as well as aerially. Caicedo is a monstrous player who is building a nice little partnership with the £50m Cucurella inverting. Mudryk and Nico Jackson who cost around £140m combined are fast and physical release valves, and Palmer and Gallagher, England players, they know how to be everywhere at once.

And they punish you for committing men forward, and they bully you in the air, and they win. The SPL/A-League formula does work, undeniably - but only against limited athletes and managers. It even worked here for a bit, it was basically what happened the first 10 games as Van de Ven was on a complete heater defensively and teams didn’t quite know how to play us yet. But then… the tide turned. And it suddenly changed entirely, specifically after Molineux. And either Ange needs to evolve his tactics and find the players to mitigate the reaction to his plan. Or we need to evolve beyond angeball.

My only hope is that this is his humbling, and that he is the man to figure this out before the results become completely untenable. I do know this, if these results continue, he won’t have much longer before Levy decides to figure it out for him.

If he doesn't adopt a change to his approach, he wont last long term. Still find it maddening he dismissed set pieces and acts like its beneath him to take them seriously, despite the team clearly having a softness when it becomes to defending the deadball.

I have also said I think he plays a highline for highline sake, how much tactical acumen is in the idea of playing a highline, or is it rooted in a belief this is how football is played.

He good grace period is over, and there are cracks showing in his aura. I really hope he ditched his aussie mates and gets some good coaches around him. Because he needs to realise he needs help. Other managers have assistants they ca defer too. What does Mile Jedinak offer? Would Jedinak get employment elsewhere?

We’ve hired a small time manager with a history coaching against limited athletes and managers in a crap league and it shows. He never had to cut his teeth on the elite of the elite and this is our fundamental problem.

He has some good ideas but as far as we can tell, his general solution is to commit more and more men forward in increasingly compromising and kamikaze fashion just to cross it across the 6 yard box for tap ins with sheer overload and speed. That’s always worked for him, mitigate the lack of technical talent by committing more men, simple enough, and sod the defense, the other teams aren’t good enough to punish us.

And I’ve seen the J League and the SPL and he’s right, they aren’t good enough. Chalobah and Badiashile are 6’4”, strong, pacey athletes who cover a lot of ground as well as aerially. Caicedo is a monstrous player who is building a nice little partnership with the £50m Cucurella inverting. Mudryk and Nico Jackson who cost around £140m combined are fast and physical release valves, and Palmer and Gallagher, England players, they know how to be everywhere at once.

And they punish you for committing men forward, and they bully you in the air, and they win. The SPL/A-League formula does work, undeniably - but only against limited athletes and managers. It even worked here for a bit, it was basically what happened the first 10 games as Van de Ven was on a complete heater defensively and teams didn’t quite know how to play us yet. But then… the tide turned. And it suddenly changed entirely, specifically after Molineux. And either Ange needs to evolve his tactics and find the players to mitigate the reaction to his plan. Or we need to evolve beyond angeball.

My only hope is that this is his humbling, and that he is the man to figure this out before the results become completely untenable. I do know this, if these results continue, he won’t have much longer before Levy decides to figure it out for him.
agree except Celtic score some absolute belters from all over outside the penalty box. Not all are tap ins.
Different version of ange ball.

If he doesn't adopt a change to his approach, he wont last long term. Still find it maddening he dismissed set pieces and acts like its beneath him to take them seriously, despite the team clearly having a softness when it becomes to defending the deadball.

I have also said I think he plays a highline for highline sake, how much tactical acumen is in the idea of playing a highline, or is it rooted in a belief this is how football is played.

He good grace period is over, and there are cracks showing in his aura. I really hope he ditched his aussie mates and gets some good coaches around him. Because he needs to realise he needs help. Other managers have assistants they ca defer too. What does Mile Jedinak offer? Would Jedinak get employment elsewhere?
he seems to have a high esteem of his 'High-Liness'. He seems to believe it.
But time will tell if he sticks to it no matter what the results are. Lets watch.

In my mind a manager should adjust his line depending on the characteristics of the team we are facing.

If Real Madrid are willing to sit deep to defend against Munich and City, I dont see why we should be so proud we cant do it against top teams.

The thing that worries me about Ange is he has a pretty good squad available. Buying players to suit his system concerns me. What if his system is no good (looks that way) and we sell off good players who under a sensible manager could do something for the team.

Levy needs to make a quick decision on Ange before he does irreversible damage to our squad and actually ends up taking us backwards. Ange has got to go.

agree except Celtic score some absolute belters from all over outside the penalty box. Not all are tap ins.
Different version of ange ball.

Celtic had a far more balanced squad with the right profile of players to allow for a variety of different solutions.

We are a squad full of 8's and false 9's (and a few false defenders too)...

Seriously, ETH and Poch this season have been worse and the whole world decides to be worried about Ange. Fuck the pundits, they can say all they like about Ange being moody, angry or pissed during the presser I don't care. Poch has been a joke countless times in his presser. ETH had been silly so many times with his selection. So yeah now Ange is the one in deep shit. For fuck fucking cunt sake.

Many likes to brand Ange as naive. More like the fan base is no different. Less than a season and we are seeing a vocal few asking for his head. How they rather spend the whole summer looking for a new manager instead of continuing building a foundation (it helps even for the next manager if the unfortunate happens down the road) I really don't know. Even United and chelscum fans can be more patient. I hate our fans sometimes. We are why we are now. Always complaining about us being laughed at, because we are truly always laughing at ourselves. So easily riled up off field, we are no different from Madders on field. We just keep proving opposition players right.

What the fuck is wrong with your brain man!!!

That season Chelsea won the league!!!!

Lost 3 matches all season - didn’t lose once at home - and had a GD of +41 and 87 points.

Why the fuck are you comparing them to this shower of shite reserve team we just lost to??

A tip.
Don't drink too much midweek. It’s not big or clever.
Disagree. It's both big and clever and despite my hideous disfigurations I always manage to secure the best prostitutes.

Think about it.

Don't give a fuck anymore.

There are 5 that I would 100% keep, some others that I'm open to keeping and some that need to go.

The Conte recruitment profiles were fucking brutal. For an Italian he fucking refused to sign anyone remotely technical.
Odd testimony to say you don't give a fuck and then give give your version of the truth. Of course you care.

Back
Top Bottom