Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To those who say a manager needs time, I agree. But it has to be the right manager. Based on the last twenty something games, I can't really say that I believe Ange is the guy. We play like we are winging it. Even in the first ten games, we heavily relied on the opposition missing good chances.

AVB got sacked on December and was sitting 7th in his second year 8w-3d-5L following losses to Man city 6-0 and Liverpool 5-0 got him sacked.

We were barely winning against bottom teams by 1 goal and we weren't playing good football. Seeing how his manager career panned out after he left shows we made the right decision on him.
Remind me; who hired and fired AVB?

We are not making any decisions.

He needs more than Two windows for God's sake.
Like I get this attitude at some level but you also have to realize that if he isn't "that" guy two windows won't just be two windows of no progress but possibly years of additional failure in the case that he keeps doing poorly and getting players in the next manager doesn't want.

If you give a manager four windows and then sack him, it's way worse than if you sacked him after just the one.

The two players who are actually behind him no doubt, if we sack him you're more likely to lose them in fact.

Romero is well behind this project he's already come out and publicly backed the manager, he understands, shame our fans don't.

The good thing is though that he's earned himself another year at least so you're just gonna have to get used to it, you need to relax man, things will improve.
ANOTHER YEAR?! Because he had 10 good games?

jesus christ

Like I get this attitude at some level but you also have to realize that if he isn't "that" guy two windows won't just be two windows of no progress but possibly years of additional failure in the case that he keeps doing poorly and getting players in the next manager doesn't want.

If you give a manager four windows and then sack him, it's way worse than if you sacked him after just the one.

4 windows is enough for a manager to get his ideas across, 2 isn't enough - 4 windows is effectively 2 years.

So the tail gets to wag the dog then. When will we learn that if the club doesn't apply pressure on the players to perform then the players will always f off the manager.

Finally someone said it on here after 10 pages of absolute drivel. I'd struggle to count on one hand the players out there that want to play for the badge.

Fuck playing for the manager, what about playing for the badge?

Yet we are so keen to reward overpaid prima-donnas who care more about their social media profile than they do about the club.

I'm sick of it. Get rid.

Not going to get into the Ange in/out debate but one of my other concerns besides the obvious ones is the lack of youth integration given he's coming up to a full season. We've had a injury crisis and he was still reluctant to look at up and coming players. If we're supposed to be in a rebuild and banking on Ange fixing this club wholistically then this part of his management has been objectively diabolical.

With a U21 team currently 1st in Prem 2, there has been countless opportunities to give a couple of them a shot and this would have been his best season with the expectations essentially being rock bottom at the start. We laugh at Man Utd's season but look at Mainoo, we laugh at Chelsea's season but Poch as per usual has attempted to integrate academy players even amongst all those signings of a similar ages and they're actually starting to cook towards the end of the season. Heck even Madueke a former youth player of ours came back to haunt us against. We have to start looking at youth and realistically you only need 1 or 2 to come good not an entire army of them. I'll never trust Levy to invest in the squad earnestly and Ange would be naïve if he thinks he's getting full backing next season. If he wants players who would buy into his system come rain or shine there's no better place to look.

Sheesh, youth integration has been even worse than our set piece management.

If the manager's ideas are not convincing you are being extremely reckless in giving him four windows. Because the damage will take just as many to undo.

You're being even more reckless by half committing to the rebuild by sacking him after 12 months, that's a stupid and childish idea.

This has been the problem since about year two of the Poch tenure.

Porch did a fantastic job being cutthroat when he came in. I’ve said before the start of the downfall was him eventually choosing favourites.

We keep hold of our dead weights for far too long and I also believe we don’t cash in properly, either.

Liverpool cashed in on Coutinho, their “talisman” at the time, and use the funds to rebuild a squad.

Highsight is 20/20 but we could have gotten a kings ransom for Dele. The higher ups at Spurs are paid handsomely to make these tough decisions all they’ve done recently is sit on their hands and watch our best investments depreciate at alarming rates.
Spot on analysis good sir. Too much dithering, lack of foresight and self confidence in being able to find suitable replacements from the higher ups keep our club in a constant perpetual state of goin-fackin-knowhere!

You're being even more reckless by half committing to the rebuild by sacking him after 12 months, that's a stupid and childish idea.
What? If Ange can't adapt or improve our current form the least reckless option is to get rid lol

Sticking to your guns in contradiction of the evidence is stupid.

There’s a few basic principles in football that are non-negotiable no matter how much the game evolves or what system you are playing. You have to be able to defend set pieces and a full backs primary duties are to defend. They can’t be constantly gone missing up the field with acres of space left behind for goals to be haemorrhaged.

What? If Ange can't adapt or improve our current form the least reckless option is to get rid lol

Sticking to your guns in contradiction of the evidence is stupid.

How do you know if he can adapt and improve if he hasn't been given enough windows, do you...I dunno maybe think that better players will be able to play his type of football?

This argument is so stupid man. you're not making any sense. The game finished 4 hours ago and you're still posting like an emotional bitch, just stop.

Foundations of Ange ball:

Pressing and winning the ball ball high. Been one of the best teams in the league 90% of the season.

Making players believe in themselves and getting bodies forward to attack instead of cowering in deep blocks. We’ve seen that belief even at the very darkest moments of the season.

Unlike wispy washy quick sand , Plan B bollox, having principles and sticking to them at the worst moments. That’s a foundation as well and we have seen that all season too.

Results have been shit the last 4 and performances inconsistent even longer than that. But the principles have been rock solid all year.
One of the best teams for 90% of the season?

Dude...

View: https://i.imgur.com/APrgsGs.png

This alone is more than 10% of the season. And we're fucking bottom.

We're 11th since the Chelsea game and are literally below mid table form for the majority of the season.

In what fantasy universe are you living in right now?

Rock solid all year... WE HAVE SIX CLEAN SHEETS! LMAO

The starting 11 is continually unbalanced. Not enough players who can win the ball back.

Spurs, under Ange, start every game with 8 players whose primary function is to attack. Even the two centre backs are allowed to get forward.

The three up top offer no protection and a 3 man midfield containing Maddison are outnumbered.

The principle of 'Angeball' is desirable and admirable but in practice it has proved to be a disaster.

The majority of players gave up on it weeks ago.

The consensus of the supporters will get there in their own time by the looks of it.

Levy will ultimately resent missing out on the Champions League gravy to Aston Villa.

Ange now needs a miracle to get beyond 10 games next season.

If Woolwich win the league into the bargain it will make things harder.

We need a Blue Moon.

Might as well give him another year since he's told the other managers exactly how he will play and what tactics he will use. Not like they sussed him out already.

Another years where Spurs fans will be more concerned about how rivals are doing.

Back
Top Bottom