Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's he supposed to say: "we're gonna throw it?"
He'd/we'd get kicked out of the league and probably lose points if that was the acceptance club line!

My problem is that, whilst everyone is slating Spurs fans for wanting us to LOSE... what about all those Gooners who are perfectly happy to switch sides and cheer on their HATED RIVALS!???

I'd rather be wearing Sky Blue tomorrow than Gooner red ANY DAY!!

Talking of which, is anyone gonna WEAR summit Sky blue?

I'm seriously considering it!

Looking for our 2008/2009 away kit. Plausible deniability :sarrthink:

I seen the video, and know the quotes going around online are misleading, I just think counselling comment towards whoever he is talking too is poor taste.
No, come on, that's bollocks. ("IF that's your world, you'll need a counselling session")

In the context of what he's saying, it's absolutely spot on. Social media causes a great deal of mental health issues. Having a little laugh and a smile about it is a good, positive way of reinforcing the message.

Can we stop ruining healthy conversations. He's a good bloke and he's sending the right message. Fuck's sake.

Agree with a lot of that but you also have to factor in Burnleys improvement. They were stupidly gung ho early season thinking they could out football everyone and soon finding out the premier league isnt the championship. Lately they've drawn at Utd, Chelsea, West Ham .

But we're now at 2 clean sheets in 27 games and the below par performances of 2024 have become a habit not a blip. As someone said on here the other day what do we expect to change with 6 weeks of pre season and 2 or 3 new signings when things have got worse with all these free weeks and fortnights. Not impossible, we might appoint a great coach and those signings might be difference makers but its definately more hope than expectation imo.
How many clean sheets have we had in total think it’s 6.

This place is gonna be like the twilight zone if we win tomorrow.

Posters who spend every chance they get hating on Spurs for losing, will be irate at us for winning!

Posters who support the team no matter what, devastated at the sight of victory.

Funny old game.

Watched his press conference earlier, came across as arrogant imo, he really doesn't do himself any favours does he?

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/cGhiTjv5cw8?si=WUnmBq9O5CYt7fPk

Saying he "Isn't fussed" about how supporters feel and he "doesn't really care" just makes him look like a fool and a very arrogant one at that quite frankly.

He should care, the supporters are the lifeblood of the football club and at the end of the day and a big part of our football history is the rivalry with those nomad cunts.

"I understand the rivalry but we have to be professional and go out there for the win" simple enough right? Would anyone have criticized him for that? I doubt it. Yet here we are, the fanbase in the middle of a melty because he has to be hyperbolic with every statement. Ffs he never keeps it simple, always has to get a laugh out of journalists who will go and banter our club in the media anyways.

Never though I'd miss Pochettino's boring, "we have to be cOmPeTitiVe" pressers.
Honestly this is it, along with his little performative pointing to his head at the fans the other week, just get your head down and get on with your job rather than posturing all the time.

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1790133191254135158

We won't win trophies under him with his 1 way of playing all out intensity tactics

Losing one game when we have lost as many as we have this season isn't going to have any impact whatsoever on our progress as a club. It will however likely stop our bitter rivals from winning it and hugely progressing as a football club likely having an impact on our chances of winning a title in the future.

But he probably doesn't think that deeply about it, after all, all he wants to do is win mate.

Prior to the Woolwich game the guys 'motivational' quotes to the fans was to tell us that there will be pain and heartache.

This game he's telling us we will fight and we're not rolling out the red carpet.

Now I know people will be saying what else could he say but the quotes prior to the Woolwich was completely unneeded as he's said the same thing before and now he says this??
the red carpet bit wasn't even needed ffs.

He doesn't seem to get it. personally I think he's arrogant (even the exchange with the reporter about social media was arrogant and condescending not to mention he's completely wrong).

On the last bit I get that feeling at the games when we score or at the end of the games. It just feels that way and maybe that’s my personal outlook on it.

What I’ve seen from him at his other clubs is that it isn’t fluid in his first season and seems to click in season two and that’s another reason that I’m Ange all in just now.

I’m not stupid to just stick up for him for the sake of it. As I said I think he has the personnel there to change the shape or tweak things but doesn’t and generally it’s subs that are like for like.
Will this be his downfall or his stubbornness to stick to what he believes makes us successful only time will tell.

I’m willing to see how it goes.
The idea seems to be that the speed of decision making will continue to increase as players get more time in the system. That seems reasonable to a point. My concern would be that, logically, the players should have been getting more comfortable as this season went along. For whatever reason they faded at the end, which is odd.

Watched his press conference earlier, came across as arrogant imo, he really doesn't do himself any favours does he?

Saying he "Isn't fussed" about how supporters feel and he "doesn't really care" just makes him look like a fool and a very arrogant one at that quite frankly.

He should care, the supporters are the lifeblood of the football club and at the end of the day and a big part of our football history is the rivalry with those nomad cunts.

why would he get it? hes from the other side of the world and only managed in pub leagues. no fans of clubs that have rivalries on the level as we have Woolwich would want any different. thats what makes football the game it is, passion that some people cant comprehend. it aint fucking sports day.

I mean the manager has to give off the impression that he's going to send the team out to try to win the game given all the talk around Spurs fans wanting to lose - can't have his professionalism be questioned
He can’t say anything else publicly. He’ll get slaughtered if he even hinted we would be trying to do anything but win.

It’s a non issue anyway as they’re going to school us.

Prior to the Woolwich game the guys 'motivational' quotes to the fans was to tell us that there will be pain and heartache.

This game he's telling us we will fight and we're not rolling out the red carpet.

Now I know people will be saying what else could he say but the quotes prior to the Woolwich was completely unneeded as he's said the same thing before and now he says this??
the red carpet bit wasn't even needed ffs.

He doesn't seem to get it. personally I think he's arrogant (even the exchange with the reporter about social media was arrogant and condescending not to mention he's completely wrong).
Should have said this before Woolwich game:
“This game he's telling us we will fight and we're not rolling out the red carpet.”.
Would have made much more sense and potency. Instead he brushed the game off as just another game matter of factly.

Look I get that we don't want to win tomorrow. I get why.

But what some people are forgetting is that managers and footballers in the Premier League don't think like that.

They're not going to go out there intending to lose. Ange isn't going to pick a team in order to lose.

They would never have made it to the Prem if they thought like this.

We prob will lose but it'll be because City are better than us, not because we 'let them'.

Dunno why so many of you are getting so angry about it tbh.

It's also the hypocrisy he showed in the presser today, on one hand he said he grew up "hating rival teams to the core of his being" but then goes on to say but he only cares about his team winning.

If he understood what it truly means to "hate rival teams to the core of his being" then he should probably take the time to understand why Spurs supporters don't want to hand those cunts the title on a plate.

His comments today towards the supporters and fanbase were disrespectful imo and I haven't just watched clips of what he has said, I watched the entire presser and he came across as a very unlikeable arrogant tosser quite frankly.

I said the other day in the poll about Ange out or Ange in that I want him to have time to fix the issues we have so I said "in" and I can stomach not liking him personally if we are getting results, I wasn't a massive fan of Conte either but that man has the resume to back his arrogance up at least.

But one thing I won't stomach is him actively taking the piss out of supporters by saying he "doesn't care what they think" and he "isn't fussed by it" because of the repercussions of the scum winning it.

Also making delusional comments like when he said "My role is to bring success to this football club and I know 100% of Spurs supporters want us to win a trophy and us winning tomorrow night will help us, y'know, bring joy to 100% of spurs supporters"

The bolded makes zero sense and is clearly absolutely untrue and winning that game tomorrow night gets us nowhere nearer to a trophy.

Sorry Ange but you're 100% wrong "mate"

Thank you. Like they say, it's about the notes you don't play. Look at what he's said for both games and it's literally arse backwards. For the Woolwich game he went out of his way reduce the motivation of the fans and the team to beat them - oh it shouldn't be extra motivation to stifle your rivals... Now in a game where you could be gifting your rivals the title whilst 5th is pretty much cemented, he expects the fans to effectively discard their feelings and raise their motivation to cheer along a shit-show of a situation like this.

I know you can't please all of the people all of the time but his urge to always come across as strongly opinionated is jarring.

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1790133191254135158

We won't win trophies under him with his 1 way of playing all out intensity tactics

Losing one game when we have lost as many as we have this season isn't going to have any impact whatsoever on our progress as a club. It will however likely stop our bitter rivals from winning it and hugely progressing as a football club likely having an impact on our chances of winning a title in the future.

But he probably doesn't think that deeply about it, after all, all he wants to do is win mate.
What I've gleaned from all this, is that either Ange is TROLLING EVERYONE, or he clearly doesn't get it.

Talking about competing in the BIG matches, is all well and good... but surely to God not THIS ONE!

we had FOUR CONSECUTIVE BIG MATCHES against Newcastle, Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool...
Why didn't we compete in any of THOSE and not find ourselves in this mental quandary we are tonight?we've had BIG games all season... and only beaten Liverpool in the last minute, and have been paying for it ever since!!

This is the ONE BIG GAME I Don't mind us losing...

And the funny thing is, he's OK to make Woolwich fans happy... but not realising the implications of us winning a "game of football mate" would have on OUR fanbase!

This isn't just a game of football... It's a quirk of both the fixture list and our results up until now, that have put us in this ridiculous position!

I like Ange, I really do... And I hope he doesn't really mean a word of it, and is only saying it for the clickbait...

But if he can't realise we've had at least 6-8 chances already to compete in the BIG games, (depending on who you consider 'big') and only come away with 9 or so points from those games, tells you that we HAD our chances to compete in the big games, and missed most of them...
So don't suddenly come out ALL GUNNERS BLAZING tomorrow and think you're doing the fans a favour!!

Look I get that we don't want to win tomorrow. I get why.

But what some people are forgetting is that managers and footballers in the Premier League don't think like that.

They're not going to go out there intending to lose. Ange isn't going to pick a team in order to lose.

They would never have made it to the Prem if they thought like this.

We prob will lose but it'll be because City are better than us, not because we 'let them'.

Dunno why so many of you are getting so angry about it tbh.

Nice to see someone with a bit of common sense on here.

Back
Top Bottom