Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

That Blanchflower fella, he doesn’t know nothing about this club.
Bullshit. If we won the league with "boring Conté or Jose Football", you'd be singing their praises. Knocking the pints back on after the other while chanting every possible Spurs slogan at the top of your voice.

I saw most of Uk do that just because they reached the Euro finals. Suddenly no one gave two hoots whether it was Boring Southgate Football. Everyone was chanting "It's coming Home."

Then when they were beaten by even more boring Italy, I didn't see any Italian cry, "We won, we played Shit Counter attack Football, I'm just going to drink some water and go to Sleep. This is the worst day of My Life". They didn't care, they won and that was all that mattered.

Get nice stadiums, stylish Football, they great N17 experience, out of your head. Football is like war, There is only One winner and to them goes all the glory.

A bit more what?

We are playing our first PL match next Sunday and we still haven't got a CB through the door, I distinctly remember last season Conte got all of his players (bar Spence) in before pre season kicked off, and that's just one instance.
Support. Players that fit his style. Levy is buying even though we sitting with 200 millions dead wood. He refused with both Jose and Conte. He only wanted to buy if we sold.

Bullshit. If we won the league with "boring Conté or Jose Football", you'd be singing their praises. Knocking the pints back on after the other while chanting every possible Spurs slogan at the top of your voice.

I saw most of Uk do that just because they reached the Euro finals. Suddenly no one gave two hoots whether it was Boring Southgate Football. Everyone was chanting "It's coming Home."

Then when they were beaten by even more boring Italy, I didn't see any Italian cry, "We won, we played Shit Counter attack Football, I'm just going to drink some water and go to Sleep. This is the worst day of My Life". They didn't care, they won and that was all that mattered.

Get nice stadiums, stylish Football, they great N17 experience, out of your head. Football is like war, There is only One winner and to them goes all the glory.
The problem is we had 3+ years of shit football.

If you're gonna play shit football then you have to win.

If you don't win, it is just shit football.

You are right - if we won under Jose and Conte no-one would be complaining. But we didn't so we can complain.

I can Imagine Ange falling out with Levy big time at some point, he looks like he doesn't suffer fools
In the End, with Levy, that is the most likely path. He however has a bit more support than most other managers enjoyed. I believe Levy knows his rope is getting shorter by the season. If he doesn't show some change, Fans will stand up against his Bullshit

He is also great at baiting Fans, this is maybe just Baiting season.

Support. Players that fit his style. Levy is buying even though we sitting with 200 millions dead wood. He refused with both Jose and Conte. He only wanted to buy if we sold.

Are you familiar with the term 'net spend'? Did you see how much we actually spent under Conte? 🤦‍♀️

This is why I cba to debate with you, it's painful trying to argue with someone so misinformed.

The problem is we had 3+ years of shit football.

If you're gonna play shit football then you have to win.

If you don't win, it is just shit football.

You are right - if we won under Jose and Conte no-one would be complaining. But we didn't so we can complain.
Stop fighting Conté and Jose football. Attractive Football that wins nothing is exactly that. Stop settling for second best.

I back every manager fully. I even backed Nuno. I did expect much but I backed him. Is it Poch, Jose, Nuno, or Conté football that didn't win us anything or is the person that hired them in the first place and then gave them a spoon instead of a shovel to mix cement.

Stop fighting Conté and Jose football. Attractive Football that wins nothing is exactly that. Stop settling for second best.

I back every manager fully. I even backed Nuno. I did expect much but I backed him. Is it Poch, Jose, Nuno, or Conté football that didn't win us anything or is the person that hired them in the first place and then gave them a spoon instead of a shovel to mix cement.
I'll fight it because, apart from some brief glimpses, on the whole it was shit to watch. Like proper shit. Like wanna stab myself in the eyes rather than watch the torture shit.

I want attractive football that wins us something. If we're not going to win anything, I want attractive football.

More absolute bollocks.

Be it net or gross; they've both still out-spent Ange so far.

200m worth of deadwood?????? Hahahah... You absolute mentalist!!!!

Last edited:
Are you familiar with the term 'net spend'? Did you see how much we actually spent under Conte? 🤦‍♀️

This is why I cba to debate with you, it's painful trying to argue with someone so misinformed.
Net spend. No I'm uneducated and come from the bush. We may have spent more but who spent more, Conté or Levy. Who is the manager?

You hire a trophy winning manager, that has succeeded to win Trophies at every club he has managed. Then you tell him how to have his players play, which players to play and which players will be purchased. Just get Levy to manage. Many fans seem to appreciate the sterling job he has done.

Every manager we have had has commented about their role as manager at Spurs. They all felt undermined and left to manage a FC with players that did not fit the bill and/or lacked passion. Watch the documentary on Jose at Chelsea, If you still feel he is a Crap manager, then I don't know. Watch the documentary on Conté and if you feel that his boring Football was what we must moan about, then I don't know. Listen to Poch comment on how he was a coach and not a manager and then ask yourself, "What is the worst thing at Spurs?"

I'll fight it because, apart from some brief glimpses, on the whole it was shit to watch. Like proper shit. Like wanna stab myself in the eyes rather than watch the torture shit.

I want attractive football that wins us something. If we're not going to win anything, I want attractive football.
It is very attractive when he is given what he needs and his team wins almost every game. I seem to remember that being the case when we where chasing the 4th spot.

It is very attractive when he is given what he needs and his team wins almost every game. I seem to remember that being the case when we where chasing the 4th spot.
It had glimpses that's all.

The end of the season we got 4th was the best it looked but even then it only really kicked in to being fun of we got a couple of goals.

When games were tight it was torture.

Today I loved the first half despite it being close. We were having a go. Hassling to get the ball back and then immediately looking forward.

Is night and day compared to the last few years.

I still have my doubts that you are a Spurs supporter and not a plant!
Wouldn't be much of a plant. Definitely a Spurs supporter. I'll admit, I'm probably too skeptical when it comes to Postecoglou. I think he'll be a big success or big failure. It doesn't seem like there will be much room for anything in between.

In the End, with Levy, that is the most likely path. He however has a bit more support than most other managers enjoyed. I believe Levy knows his rope is getting shorter by the season. If he doesn't show some change, Fans will stand up against his Bullshit

He is also great at baiting Fans, this is maybe just Baiting season.
Alright . Time to shut it.

It had glimpses that's all.

The end of the season we got 4th was the best it looked but even then it only really kicked in to being fun of we got a couple of goals.

When games were tight it was torture.

Today I loved the first half despite it being close. We were having a go. Hassling to get the ball back and then immediately looking forward.

Is night and day compared to the last few years.
I don't disagree. I Loved the football. But I Loved the Football of both Jose and Conte when Kane and Son were scoring the most goals in the league. If you recall, when we were actually top of the log, even for a short while, people were screaming Conté name and singing his praises.

Back
Top Bottom