Another new manager poll (apologies)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which of the 3 favourites would you pick as new manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a few numbers

Pochettino's record with Saints - 38% win rate
AVB's record - 55% win rate
Sherwood's record - 50% win rate
Frank dB - 60% win rate (only 33% in Europe with a -19 GD)
Benitez - England only - 59%
- Overall - 51%

Not sure it's really fair to compare by win percentages, all the other managers listed have all managed bigger/more successful clubs than Southampton so you'd generally expect the win percentage at that club to be higher anyway.

Watched moneyball last night the scene where Brad Pitt phones 5 managers in 5 mins and closes deals, wish Levy would fucking watch that sometime

Call 1 to Frank - you interested, how much you want? If no....
Call 2 to Rafa - you interested, how much would it take? If no....
Call 3 to Poch - you interested? If no...
Call 4 to security services - I am about to get killed by the fans

As stated before, this season in the premiership they lost only one more game than us - but drew 5 more. The difference is less significant than you might think, considering the squad he is using...

Not sure it's really fair to compare by win percentages, all the other managers listed have all managed bigger/more successful clubs than Southampton so you'd generally expect the win percentage at that club to be higher anyway.
Precisely
Fucking daft comparison, given the gulf in the talent pool
AVB has been in charge of 3 teams and has been sacked by 2 of them, lets do a comparison with the amount of sackings they have had.
Then we can multiply the comparison out by adding how many top flight games they have played
and top it off by multiplying how many times they played for their country

No?
Daft comparison method?

As stated before, this season in the premiership they lost only one more game than us - but drew 5 more. The difference is less significant than you might think, considering the squad he is using...
Don't come round here with your level headed logic.
Whip up some histrionic rabble rousing comparisons that end up with AVB being declared the best.
..................and Harry dies

Whoever we bring in, they need time. Whichever manager is given the job, they need at least two years and full control over signings. Having Baldini at the club is good if he's advising a manager on who to sign, but the manager needs the final say. Redknapp claimed he had little say and AVB's signings were possibly Baldini choices. Baffles me that Levy hasn't seen that yet.

Whoever we bring in, they need time. Whichever manager is given the job, they need at least two years and full control over signings. Having Baldini at the club is good if he's advising a manager on who to sign, but the manager needs the final say. Redknapp claimed he had little say and AVB's signings were possibly Baldini choices. Baffles me that Levy hasn't seen that yet.

For what it's worth, Sherwood said on Goals on Sunday that Baldini consults closely with the manager and nobody is signed without the managers agreement.

according to wiki - we're both wrong, they reckon 5
I forgot about the first team and discounted the last as it made my figures look better (I don't let accuracy or relevance get in the way of my statistics)
Still 2 sackings though.

As above, think it's still 6.

Still unknown as to the nature of the Spurs one, so not entirely sure if that was a sacking or a joint idea

I don't suspect I'd be as distressed as it seems Arc would be, but I do have to agree with him in being disappointed with a Poch appointment. I just do not see any overwhelming advantages to him over de Boer, while the ones from de Boer are simply so conducive to what we need at the moment.

I suppose we may not ever know for sure, but I'm still quite convinced it was a mutual agreement.

I was thinking that it can't be a sacking...

I mean, just going off the normal sacking criteria, I've not seen AVB as a pundit on Soccer Saturday or ITV once since then..

:sherwoodlol::harrysmile:

As above, think it's still 6.

Still unknown as to the nature of the Spurs one, so not entirely sure if that was a sacking or a joint idea
Virgin Islands, really?
you're getting mighty anal, about something I'm treating as a joke. Maybe there were some pub sides you can drag out as well................
:)

Back
Top Bottom