Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This whole young side, inexperience thing is really pissing me off about him. Hugo 36, Perisic 33, Davies 30, Dier 29, Hojbjerg 27, Kane 29, Son 30, Lenglet 28 Doherty 31 Forster 35. I mean come on, and he wants to add more experience to that lot?
Quality experience...

...and Hugo's on the wane.

Not a single other one of those players would get into the actual big spending clubs' sides IMO.

He also plays Royal until we booed so much he became uncomfortable he also players Eric Deir and sanctioned the signing of Lenglet. If you think he's infallible your not paying attention but keep watching he'll be gone soon
I meant he ALWAYS plays PEH if he's fit. I think Conte sees the best MF pair as Bentancur and PEH.

This whole young side, inexperience thing is really pissing me off about him. Hugo 36, Perisic 34, Davies 30, Dier 29, Hojbjerg 27, Kane 29, Son 30, Lenglet 28 Doherty 31 Forster 35. I mean come on, and he wants to add more experience to that lot?
It’s also bollocks as what we need are young, fast, technically excellent players alongside a bit of experience to guide them.

I don't understand why so many fans want Poch back. His highlight was a CL run which lets be honest included a bit of good fortune but the league form before and after was dismal. Nevertheless from that high point he didn't or couldn't get the Board to back him.
He moves on to PSG and couldn’t win the CL with all their talent and resources. So we have a manager who can’t bring success on a relatively shoestring budget but also cant bring success with some of the worlds greatest players.
PS Winning the French title isn't an achievement for a PSG manager.

I dont think we even need to buy another manager next season. Just rotate player managers between Eric Dier, Harry Winks and Tanguy Ndombele. Eric Dier already plays every position so manager would be no problem. Harry winks is a magician so his insight could really help the board. And Ndombele can be in control of Dominos Pizza wednesdays (maybe not from dominos though as its a bit expensive)

Plus it would be a massive bonus if we could bring back Ryan Mason into the fold as a player again. Just think of all the money we could save.

Also put Lo Celso as head of injury prevention medical department

I don't understand why so many fans want Poch back. His highlight was a CL run which lets be honest included a bit of good fortune but the league form before and after was dismal. Nevertheless from that high point he didn't or couldn't get the Board to back him.
He moves on to PSG and couldn’t win the CL with all their talent and resources. So we have a manager who can’t bring success on a relatively shoestring budget but also cant bring success with some of the worlds greatest players.
What has Conte done? He has won the league at Chelsea wow. Also all the talent he has had in his teams he has never got past the quarter finals. Then all his other league titles come in Italy.

Uh huh.

And so many on this board are desperate for him to come back
Have you seen us play the last 4 years?

I would welcome any manager right now if they want´s to play attacking football, even if it was the tea lady!!

Poch was a young manager, hopefully he has learned from his mistakes. And probably learnt how it is to manage primadonnas at PSG?

At this point i´m desperate, we should all fucking be.

But even Poch would need new players

I just don't feel like I can fully judge him with this current back line (and Hugo!) with the exception of Romero.

We're conceding where we shouldn't and our play out from the back is hardly going to begin well with such a shaky foundation.

Whoever the coach is, we need some major surgery.

So you have forgotten the 4 seasons prior to that? Where we played the best most entertaining football anyone of us has seen the last 30-40 years, We were also the closest we have ever been to both win a league and CL-title in 30-40 years.

He made world class players out of Walker, Rose, Dembele, Kane, Son, Vertonghen, Alderwireld. How many of our present crop has gotten better under Conte?

NO manager has won the CL-title with PSG, NONE!! He won the league title tho

Conte well past his prime??? He very recently won Serie A with Inter

He‘s clearly a moody cunt. He’s too dogmatic.

He isn't going to change his system. He was never the manager for us. It was a Levy fuck up. Same as Nuno. Same as Moureeno. Same as Santini. Same as AVB. Same as Sherwood. Same as Ryan….he hasnt got a plan.

There‘s a common denominator here.

You want Maureen to win? Give him 350 million on that times money. And let him choose. You want Wiggy to achieve now? Give him 500 million now.

Thats not a plan. Its buying the league. Just like they did when they were successful.

Also you need to stay the fuck away from ‘levy time’

But he can’t. He thinks its his money.

We should have gone for Howe when Poch left and started again. Thats not hindsight. I said it at the time. But folks here laughed at that.

we should have had Potter. But he knew what Levy was. And passed.

Potter has the most imbalanced squad. Despite the money. He isnt a fit at Chelsea. But he would have worked for us. Bur he knows that levy wouldn’t trust him.

Back
Top Bottom