Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was a lot of shit like that in the earlier stages of the game.... The guy was a complete noob,..... Doubt the ink had even dried on his license.

It’s annoying and as a rugby fan I am amazed the refs put up with it!

Try that with a rugby league ref and it’s goodbye for ten minutes
Do it again and you’re off!

Quite right imv

Conte is done here. The Paratici fiasco, the fact Kane will likely be sold at seasons end, why do we pretend there is a future with Conte? We even need to be critical of him because the football is rubbish and he has no desire to commit long term. Part of me understands why we dont back Conte, because how can we knowing he might at any moment decide to leave? I understand why the club goes for 'club signings' rather than players speficic to Conte's wants. Arteta, Ten Hag ect got backed because their clubs management know they are committed to multiple seasons ahead. Its cuts both ways, Antonio needs to understand this. I guess you could say we are at the chicken and egg impasse, do we back Conte and therefore he commits, or does he need to commit before we back him? It doesn't matter, the fact is under the current alignment his departure is inevitable.

You know who would commit to the team for 4-5 years, plays good football and doesn't take any nonsense.

That Aussie at Celtic.

Guy managed the Aussie national team before club football in Japan, and now is in his second season at Celtic as well as European football despite being in his mid-fifties. Doesn't have the resume of Conte, but Arteta layed out Pep's cones before he got the Woolwich job.

We simply need to think outside the box with the next manager and be adventurous. I would prefer this Aussie Ange guy over the return of Poch.

Right ok, what the hell is it with people and the word fuck on this forum. That guy Steve is afraid to even write the word. He could get away with the fact he abbreviates it into a smaller word but what the fuck is this?

You’ve used the right number of words but you just spelt it wrongly ?!? Why!
Billy Connolly said Fuck is the greatest word ever invented.

What Conte's system does is starve the strikers of service, exposes the weakness of our existing central defenders, the limitations of our existing wing backs and forces the two central midfield players to absorb constant pressure and chase opposition midfield players around like headless chickens in a training drill.
🎯 100%

I am not sure I trust Levy with the next managerial appointment.

He got lucky with Pochettino and even then, we were a whole lot worse before he came in than we are now so could gamble on a manager of that ilk. We'd never have gone with Pochettino if he'd never had a stint at Southampton.

In all honesty, if that's the case, just go with De Zerbi at Brighton. Plays football the right way, gets the best out of the team he has, not afraid to play the young talent he has and by the time the summer comes, would be the Premier League proven that Levy seems dead set on.

I am not sure I trust Levy with the next managerial appointment.

He got lucky with Pochettino and even then, we were a whole lot worse before he came in than we are now so could gamble on a manager of that ilk. We'd never have gone with Pochettino if he'd never had a stint at Southampton.

In all honesty, if that's the case, just go with De Zerbi at Brighton. Plays football the right way, gets the best out of the team he has, not afraid to play the young talent he has and by the time the summer comes, would be the Premier League proven that Levy seems dead set on.
Literally anyone that plays attacking football and is willing to commit to three years is all we need.

I think Levy wants a manager that ticks those boxes as well. Unfortunately, his business side overrules his footballing side. So even though he says that we want an attacking manager, he appoints a DOF who is only interested in defensive managers just because he was available and good at negotiating.

As broken as he sounds, as bad as we are playing, sacking another manager isn’t the answer.

After the Woolwich game I wanted him gone but with the mess we are in, he’s part of creating that mess and he needs to take responsibility for fixing his part of it. At least until the summer. Let him do his job and steady the ship whilst the entire club is in crisis.

Literally anyone that plays attacking football and is willing to commit to three years is all we need.

I think Levy wants a manager that ticks those boxes as well. Unfortunately, his business side overrules his footballing side. So even though he says that we want an attacking manager, he appoints a DOF who is only interested in defensive managers just because he was available and good at negotiating.

All well and good just getting a manager who can play attacking football but we do actually need a good coach...

As broken as he sounds, as bad as we are playing, sacking another manager isn’t the answer.

After the Woolwich game I wanted him gone but with the mess we are in, he’s part of creating that mess and he needs to take responsibility for fixing his part of it. At least until the summer. Let him do his job and steady the ship whilst the entire club is in crisis.

That’s what most of us want I think

Conte doing his job until the Summer and steadying the ship but I think that he’s looking for a way out hoping Levy sacks him so that he gets a pay off and he can go elsewhere

Levy doesn’t want to sack him because he doesn’t want to pay him off

BOTH don’t give a fuck about our club but Levy will still be here long after Conte has gone with another manager who will face the same problems.

Rinse and repeat!!

As others have said the only solution is for the club to be sold and Levy/Enic fuck right off but sadly not much hope of that

That’s what most of us want I think

Conte doing his job until the Summer and steadying the ship but I think that he’s looking for a way out hoping Levy sacks him so that he gets a pay off and he can go elsewhere

Levy doesn’t want to sack him because he doesn’t want to pay him off

BOTH don’t give a fuck about our club but Levy will still be here long after Conte has gone with another manager who will face the same problems.

Rinse and repeat!!

As others have said the only solution is for the club to be sold and Levy/Enic fuck right off but sadly not much hope of that
I agree on Levy not wanting to pay him off.

Don’t agree that Conte wants to fail and get sacked. I think he’s given up on the club but never in a million years has he given up on the team.

Think about yourself in that situation, you’ve lost friends this year, including Ventrone who’s maybe the most important member of your team and best friend. You’ve been away from your family, made all those sacrifices and continued working like a maniac. You’ve built a bond with these players by going through all that with them… on a human level, there is no way be’s given up on the team. If anything that’s why he’s sticking by Lloris and Hoj and a couple others longer than he should. Those players also owe him to try and fix the mess they have a part in creating.

I agree on Levy not wanting to pay him off.

Don’t agree that Conte wants to fail and get sacked. I think he’s given up on the club but never in a million years has he given up on the team.

Think about yourself in that situation, you’ve lost friends this year, including Ventrone who’s maybe the most important member of your team and best friend. You’ve been away from your family, made all those sacrifices and continued working like a maniac. You’ve built a bond with these players by going through all that with them… on a human level, there is no way be’s given up on the team. If anything that’s why he’s sticking by Lloris and Hoj and a couple others longer than he should. Those players also owe him to try and fix the mess they have a part in creating.

I didn’t say that Conte wants to fail just that, like Levy, he doesn’t give a fuck about the club

Yes I accept that he’s lost friends and his family situation isn’t ideal but he knew that when he took the job

On one hand I agree with you about showing loyalty to players but for an elite manager to keep playing players who just aren’t performing like Lloris and Son and losing us vital games is unacceptable

I didn’t say that Conte wants to fail just that, like Levy, he doesn’t give a fuck about the club

Yes I accept that he’s lost friends and his family situation isn’t ideal but he knew that when he took the job

On one hand I agree with you about showing loyalty to players but for an elite manager to keep playing players who just aren’t performing like Lloris and Son and losing us vital games is unacceptable
Fully with you he’s past caring for the club.

Just don’t think that stops him doing a good job steadying the team until his contract runs out. He hates losing, no way I can see he’s losing on purpose.

He should drop a few players though. He’s meant to be a ruthless winner… we aren’t seeing that.

People can blame whoever they like on our current malaise.

For me it's an immutable fact that our manager, whether paid 50 thousand pounds per year or 20 million pounds per year is not doing his job effectively at the current time and nor has he been doing so for the last 3 months.

Not one player has been consistently good and we have too many that have been below par. They do not however pick themselves.

Conte decides the players who play, the formation that is employed. He should provide the rallying call and offer commitment..

No one in their right mind wants to see managerial change for the sake of it but it's veering relentlessly towards that place.

We should be too big a club to allow Comte to hold us to ransom..

Last edited:
People can blame whoever they like on our current malaise.

For me it's an immutable fact that our manager, whether paid 50 thousand pounds per year or 20 million pounds per year is not doing his job effectively at the current time and not has not been doing so for the last 3 months.

Not one player has been consistently good and we have too many that have been below par. They do not however pick themselves.

Conte decides the players who play, the formation that is employed. He should provide the rallying call and offer commitment..

No.one in their right mind wants to see managerial change for the sake of it but it's veering relentlessly towards that place.

We should be too big a club to allow Comte to hold us to ransom..
Levy is 100% to blame. He has the power to sack or back Conte. Right now he is doing neither and letting the problem fester.

You’d have to be an absolute fucking nutter to take the job at our club at the moment. Even Warnock or Joey Barton would turn it down. It’s a thankless task.

Back
Top Bottom