Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son could end up at LWB too, Conte played Perisic and Young there last year mostly. They have a large attacking burden in his system.

Young was already a wing back when he arrived at Inter and Perisic wasn't half as good as Son is by the time Conte rocked up. He's happy to mostly turn mediocre/decent wingers in to wing backs, but he isn't turning arguably the most dangerous attacker at the club in to one. Think Young and Moses more than an in his prime Son!

Son could end up at LWB too, Conte played Perisic and Young there last year mostly. They have a large attacking burden in his system.

If we were strong at forward I could see that but as it is even with Son we are way to think at striker for Conte's system.

I think Reggie is the perfect fit for the 3-5-2 as well so no need to force Son back there. If Son was a right sided player and we had someone to play up front with Kane then I could see it as we have no RWB.

Young was already a wing back when he arrived at Inter and Perisic wasn't half as good as Son is by the time Conte rocked up. He's happy to mostly turn mediocre/decent wingers in to wing backs, but he isn't turning arguably the most dangerous attacker at the club in to one. Think Young and Moses more than an in his prime Son!
As you are pointing out, son’s finishing is way too good to have at wing back. He’ll be up top.

I think wingback benefits Reguilon, Davies (so he can LCB), Bergwijn, and Tanganga (probably better at RCB).

Possibly Lucas can back up the #10 role or a striker.

Since our wingers are a weak point and our only good one can play striker, the formation does not really hurt anyone. It does increase the competition for the #10 spot though.

I don’t think Emerson can play as a wing back. I think Conte will look to bring someone in Doherty may be able to play as a stop gap as he’s more natural getting forward. Maybe Lucas drops to that spot as well.
Lucas and Docherty are terrible options….Lucas always looks better centrally, he’s simply not a wide player.

Bergwijn maybe?

Conte to Spurs is done - why are people still worried, what have I missed?
That we are spurs?

?
Shopping Cart Fail GIF

You want him dropped.

Some of you lot are in cloud cuckoo land. Kane is not on strike. Kane is done as a top player.

Under Nuno, sure I did.

Now Conte's coming? He's back on it mate. Hattrick in his first game only to lift up his shirt and reveal the message 'fuck you sammy' underneath.

Then immediately after sign a new contract for 50 quid a week and a packet of haribos, with the rest of his wages to be paid in your and KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy 's weekly delivery of tears.

Let's assume for a second that Conte comes in. The whole world knows Newcastle has a giant pile of money burning a hole in their pocket, and a need to spend it to avoid relegation, no less. Meanwhile, if not the whole world, then all of the footballing world knows the reason, why Conte fell through in the summer. And therefore the promises that'll have been made to get it over the line this time.

Incomings to the PL in January are going to be hyperinflated prices!!! We might even see Levy experiencing what it's like to have balls squeezed really tight during negotiations :levywtf:

Back
Top Bottom