Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How does Conte replicate his midfield 3:

Eriksen -- Barella
Brozovic
Until Jan at the earliest Conte will have to make do with his pound shop version.

I think Hojbjerg showed for Denmark that he can be effective in the Barella role if given license to go forward and he's probably got the best engine.

Ndombele is our most naturally creative outlet, though he's not capable of Eriksen- type numbers. That said he's the one I trust most to find the right passes in the attacking 3rd.

Then we get to the deepest position. Skipp for the tenacity and defensive awareness or Lo Celso for the technical quality and passing range.

Ndombele -- Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Those that refuse to let Dele die have suggest maybe he can do the Barella role and yes he is nothing if not a runner. I have seen too many false dawns to bank on a Dele resurgence however.

If we can get Brozovic in Jan we are cooking.
Well, I don't know, but what do you reckon about an Eriksen return? I honestly don't know, but would be open to it.

Did he and Conte work out their differences in the end? Originally Conte didn't want him, but then he started playing well and they won the league. Eriksen being available could be interesting, if the Premier league thinks he's healthy and OK to play.

I think we can all agree that vast majority of the Spurs fanbase welcome this appointment with open arms. Nuno was met with mostly an underwhelming feeling and Mourinho was very split down the middle. Conte is pretty much 90% of Spurs fans are incredibly excited by this. Antonio Antonio Antonio!!!!!!

If anyone isn’t excited by this, then I am not sure football is for them.

It's an amazing appointment but we also cannot forget that this team still needs a major overhaul. I'm anxious to see what players Conte latches on to, which ones get relegated to the side, and which ones have a revitalization and thrive under him.

The upcoming transfer window will be very interesting and I hope that we see a ruthlessness on bringing in some new additions and kicking some out the door.

Well, I don't know, but what do you reckon about an Eriksen return? I honestly don't know, but would be open to it.

Did he and Conte work out their differences in the end? Originally Conte didn't want him, but then he started playing well and they won the league. Eriksen being available could be interesting, if the Premier league thinks he's healthy and OK to play.
It's an interesting point. One way to replicate that midfield is to bring them all here...

Both Eriksen and Brozovic could be done on super cut price deals. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

How does Conte replicate his midfield 3:

Eriksen -- Barella
Brozovic
Until Jan at the earliest Conte will have to make do with his pound shop version.

I think Hojbjerg showed for Denmark that he can be effective in the Barella role if given license to go forward and he's probably got the best engine.

Ndombele is our most naturally creative outlet, though he's not capable of Eriksen- type numbers. That said he's the one I trust most to find the right passes in the attacking 3rd.

Then we get to the deepest position. Skipp for the tenacity and defensive awareness or Lo Celso for the technical quality and passing range.

Ndombele -- Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Those that refuse to let Dele die have suggest maybe he can do the Barella role and yes he is nothing if not a runner. I have seen too many false dawns to bank on a Dele resurgence however.

If we can get Brozovic in Jan we are cooking.

Bring Winks in?

It's a common thing now. Both Poch and Tuchel also got 18 month deals when arriving mid-season.

It doesn't really make sense to hand out a huge contract to someone brought into do a rescue job. It's better for all parties this way. If it goes well we have the option to extend, if not it's easy to part ways.
Exactly. Some people seem to find it hard to grasp the idea that this is an AGREEMENT. It suits both parties.

Make no mistake about it , rival supporters notably Woolwich, Westham and United fans are absolutely gutted about this and it’s beautiful 🤩they know for a fact this appointment alone puts us back in the hunt for 4th and they know for a fact despite how average we have been the last few years, we are still a huge club with a massive pull. We have appointed one of the best managers in the world and they hate it

Make no mistake about it , rival supporters notably Woolwich, Westham and United fans are absolutely gutted about this and it’s beautiful 🤩they know for a fact this appointment alone puts us back in the hunt for 4th and they know for a fact despite how average we have been the last few years, we are still a huge club with a massive pull. We have appointed one of the best managers in the world and they hate it
Just watch Rory Jennings video. Always wants to take the piss out of Spurs (even though his plastic club died in 2004), and he's absolutely shitting it now that Conte came to Spurs. Fucking lovely to see.

I think we will finish top four this season and win the league next season provided Conte gets what he wants with no interference.

Unfortunately, if we can be bothered to sing a new song at Spurs (it will be the 1st in well over 3yrs!!) it will be the Antonio, Antonio, Antonio one sung by the chavs, boring and unimaginative as fuck.
That's why I'm gonna try out my 'Subbuteo' one instead on Thursday!!

Back
Top Bottom