Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Make no mistake about it , rival supporters notably Woolwich, Westham and United fans are absolutely gutted about this and it’s beautiful 🤩they know for a fact this appointment alone puts us back in the hunt for 4th and they know for a fact despite how average we have been the last few years, we are still a huge club with a massive pull. We have appointed one of the best managers in the world and they hate it
This, and isn’t it wonderful to behold !!

It's an interesting point. One way to replicate that midfield is to bring them all here...

Both Eriksen and Brozovic could be done on super cut price deals. Wouldn't be surprised at all.
Agree. I mean Eriksen would know the place, 'cos he's been here for years. The price would be very low 'cos he can't play in Serie A anymore, so Levy would like that. The big issues would be firstly his health. Wouldn't want him to play if the risk is too high. But then also, whether he gets on with Conte now. If they have patched it up, it could even be a good match. Works for everybody. If they don't get on, then maybe it's a bad idea. I'd take Brozovic too, but don't really know much about him and we need to consider our home grown quota. We're already on the edge with that...

Potter was my first choice… I think this one is higher risk, higher reward… but I’m thrilled with it.
If Conte is a success then he will likely take this club to a place where a manager like Potter won't even get a look in after he leaves tbh.

Saying that though, how many top managers like Conte are really left in the game? I guess someone like Potter could be considered the "next wave" of top manager.
Which is why we've already signed him, and 'loaned him back to Brighton' for the next few years to further his managerial development.

Make no mistake, we all know what Conte is... A serial winner who doesn't hang about....
Difference with him and Mourinho, is that potentially, Conte STILL has his best managerial years AHEAD if him!!

....and if he fucks off in 2-3 years, so be it... I'm sure we'll be in a better place by then (couldn't be MUCH worse, morale-wise after Jose & Nuno) ...by which time, someone like Potter COULD well be ready to take over the reigns....

But for now, I'm gonna enjoy ANTONIO CONTE'S TOTTENHAM TM (c) Sky Sports for the next few years....

How does Conte replicate his midfield 3:

Eriksen -- Barella
Brozovic
Until Jan at the earliest Conte will have to make do with his pound shop version.

I think Hojbjerg showed for Denmark that he can be effective in the Barella role if given license to go forward and he's probably got the best engine.

Ndombele is our most naturally creative outlet, though he's not capable of Eriksen- type numbers. That said he's the one I trust most to find the right passes in the attacking 3rd.

Then we get to the deepest position. Skipp for the tenacity and defensive awareness or Lo Celso for the technical quality and passing range.

Ndombele -- Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Those that refuse to let Dele die have suggest maybe he can do the Barella role and yes he is nothing if not a runner. I have seen too many false dawns to bank on a Dele resurgence however.

If we can get Brozovic in Jan we are cooking.

Not sure Jan will be up for that...

:vertna:

Read this thread from the Wolves fans. Never liked those cunts!!! Just how bitter are they, bunch of inbred fucks. Know you’re place, beneath us ass holes

For anyone wondering about the debt, most opposition fans have no clue. Reason I point this out is you will hear the argument of how are we to spend money to fund Conte when we are broke?

We are not broke, we have a long term low interest mortgage to fund infrastructure, not a short term credit card to fund players and wages like Barca and the other broke clubs.

That team had Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria, Kaka, Benzema and Higuain. And Jose back in 2010 was still a great coach capable of balance, it was later he was broken. Conte doesn't play 'attacking football' but he doesn't play passively which is what most of our fans want. Pressing football, brilliantly coached, lethal counter attacks and just in general a team which plays with passion and doesn't surrender momentum to sides the way we did under Jose and Nuno.

As soon as Conte took over Inter and Chelsea, both teams scored about 30 more goals the next league campaign. So clearly he's a coach capable of making sides far more of a force going forward, and not just a defence minded coach. Just because his whole ethos isn't 'attack attack attack' doesn't make him boring.
How much is that down to a lack of Champions league football for both Chelsea and Inter?

For anyone wondering about the debt, most opposition fans have no clue. Reason I point this out is you will hear the argument of how are we to spend money to fund Conte when we are broke?

We are not broke, we have a long term low interest mortgage to fund infrastructure, not a short term credit card to fund players and wages like Barca and the other broke clubs.
Barca isn't broke, just overspent beyond the usual means because of the Messi factor.

Dreadful appointment simply dreadful

Volatile personality in a club desperate for stability.

Short term coach who doenst stay long at all, known for signing older players, is at a club with many youth prospects and not many veterans

Defensive football, when the club doesn't have the players to play that way nor the cultural identity that's expected ie Inter.

Man management is extremely bad for the long term but excellent in the short term.

Awful record in Europe, and on incredible wages.

Sure he has pedigree but so does mourinho! I fail to see the difference between the two. Whatever argument can be made for him can be made for Mourinho, and he failed at Spurs spectacularly.

Potter has his team playing great stuff and done wonders with young players and a small budget.

He's the no brainer long term visionary approach not chasing short term success

Back
Top Bottom