Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if lo celso or ndombele dont improve under conte theres no hope for them

It's only a gut feeling, but I think we'll see a different player under Conte in regards to GLC.

And as inconsistent and frustrating as he is, Ndombele is our most talented midfielder currently. So he should start if fit and not sulking.

For anyone wondering about the debt, most opposition fans have no clue. Reason I point this out is you will hear the argument of how are we to spend money to fund Conte when we are broke?

We are not broke, we have a long term low interest mortgage to fund infrastructure, not a short term credit card to fund players and wages like Barca and the other broke clubs.
The Office Thank You GIF

I have basically given up on explaining this because it's basically like hitting my head on a wall.

The stadium debt is basically inconsequential with the club's turnover and the stadium back to hosting events at full capacity. Unlike the period of austerity from 2008-2018 when the club was buying land and preparing the accounts for the training ground and stadium build, there is no reason not to have a significant budget every window moving forward.

if lo celso or ndombele dont improve under conte theres no hope for them
Basically any player, frankly. Conte makes his teams better almost immediately. He didn't get a pre-season, but we should know who is going to be sticking around and who he will want to bring in before the January transfer window opens.

The Office Thank You GIF

I have basically given up on explaining this because it's basically like hitting my head on a wall.

The stadium debt is basically inconsequential with the club's turnover and the stadium back to hosting events at full capacity. Unlike the period of austerity from 2008-2018 when the club was buying land and preparing the accounts for the training ground and stadium build, there is no reason not to have a significant budget every window moving forward.

Yep. I think it works out that the yearly repayment of both the principle and the interest is around £40-50m for 20-30 years but the new stadiums additional capacity/corporate generates compared to the old stadium about £100m or something along those lines. So new stadium with debt is about £40-50m than old stadium without debt. Plus as you say we don’t have to save anymore to help fund the stadium. In theory we therefore have quite a bit more money per season than we used to. Covid put a spanner in the works closing the ground but that is mostly dealt with.

How much is that down to a lack of Champions league football for both Chelsea and Inter?

Considering they had CL football in his second season when he actually won the league at Inter .. probably not that much. Having no Europe helps but it doesn't catapult a team to 90+ points in the PL, he did a fantastic job. Weird way to try and dismiss it. His only actual weakness is results in Europe are poor, his record domestically is world class, and up there with the very best managers.

Not to mention he took over Juve when they were 7th in back to back seasons, won them the league immediately and established them as the dominant side year after year. He's got an incredible C.V and is undoubtedly a top 5 manager in world football, with better recent feats than Jose. He may fail here, I don't know. We've got a lot of issues. But his credentials are not in doubt at all.

He's got his work cut out with the mentality bit, it will be interesting to see what he does with Pape Sarr, Scarlett and the other young players. Will Sess be shown the door or will he save his career?

Agree. I mean Eriksen would know the place, 'cos he's been here for years. The price would be very low 'cos he can't play in Serie A anymore, so Levy would like that. The big issues would be firstly his health. Wouldn't want him to play if the risk is too high. But then also, whether he gets on with Conte now. If they have patched it up, it could even be a good match. Works for everybody. If they don't get on, then maybe it's a bad idea. I'd take Brozovic too, but don't really know much about him and we need to consider our home grown quota. We're already on the edge with that...
I would think he would go for free as he can never play in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom