Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First it was over £200m, then it was £150m...then it was we need to sell players before we buy...

...we've heard this all fucking before unfortunately.
For the eleven bazillionth time we head to a transfer window with Levy’s strategy premised on the notion that we have our target’s club in a vulnerable position in which they have no choice but to settle for less than the market price.

Surely eleven bazillionth time’s a charm!

Been in meetings all day, but did notice the announcement earlier.

I'm in shock tbh, since when do we act so decisively? Have to give credit to Paratici and Levy on this one.

Reading between the lines on what Conte said, it seems he needed some time to chill after Inter and we've remained in contact, which explains the Nuno "stop gap" appointment. It felt like a caretaker appointment from minute one and now we know why.

Onwards and upwards.

I for one am excited

COYS!
Sort of... I don't think it was meant to be this quick of a caretaker appointment, if at all... It looks like a pretty expensive plan if that was the plan...

Kessie at the 6 with Ndombele and choose your third midfielder is basically a dream midfield for Conte.
Announce Adama. Conte will have him scoring in no time flat. I think he'd be a perfect addition for the coming rebuild.

Sort of... I don't think it was meant to be this quick of a caretaker appointment, if at all... It looks like a pretty expensive plan if that was the plan...
to clarify I'm not saying Nuno was appointed as a caretaker manager and it was all planned that he would ship out after 10 games or whatever. I'm saying that he was clearly down the pecking order and it just kind of worked out that way.
And I think the players kind of treated him with the respect reserved for a caretaker manager (rightly or wrongly) hopefully they will give more for Conte. That appointment just makes a lot more sense to me now given this new context.

Sigh

Unzips

fap-getting-ready.gif
No Nut November just has the worst timing

to clarify I'm not saying Nuno was appointed as a caretaker manager and it was all planned that he would ship out after 10 games or whatever. I'm saying that he was clearly down the pecking order and it just kind of worked out that way.
And I think the players kind of treated him with the respect reserved for a caretaker manager (rightly or wrongly) hopefully they will give more for Conte.
I think that's probably fair. It's a bit harsh on him.

I don't rate him much myself. But I also don't rate Rodon as much as others.
We haven't seen enough of Rodon yet. He seems OK so far. I haven't written him off, or written him in yet. Has potential. Would be happy to see him get runs in the team to get a better idea. CBs sometimes improve with age as well. He's still pretty young for a CB, so could get better. Has potential for me. Needs to establish himself. I think Tanganga is the better prospect at the moment. Rate Tanganga.

Are other clubs fans as ridiculous as ours? Sign one of the world's top managers and already we have people slagging off the appointment.

Talk about hard to please. We have won one trophy in 23 years, appoint one of the best managers out there are people are still whining.

Embarrassing.
Perhaps that’s why some fans are still sceptical though? How can you call us hard to please with a record such as that!!

Look, I’m absolutely delighted with an appointment such as Conte and I give credit where it’s due to Levy and/or Paratici for pushing through with such an appointment.

But let’s not kid ourselves, we’ve had 20 of years of false dawns, fake promises and outright bullshit on the part of ENIC, so I can completely understand some fans reluctance to wank themselves into a coma over one appointment.

It’s a good day for the club, an excellent one even. However we now need to back it up by assembling a squad befitting of one of the best coaches in the world.

on Nuno you mean?

Yeah perhaps, but I think he entered into it with open eyes.

And at the end of the day he did it to himself with some of his selections and subs or lack of
Yeah. Don't like to see things go like that for somebody. I don't think he did too much wrong. He had massive problems to overcome that weren't even his fault and was given very little time. It wasn't going hugely well, admittedly, and he could have done some things better. I'm pleased with Conte's arrival to separate the two situations, but it's a bit of tricky one 'cos I don't like to celebrate an ending like the one we've just seen... Hope he does well and finds a new team to manage.

Yea I don't think Skipp is going anywhere. Too young and shown too much growth. Hojbjerg may leave next summer but Conte may love his attitude.

At this point I don't trust any of the player rumors, especially outgoing.
I'd be surprised to see Skipp or Hojbjerg go anywhere. Hojbjerg's had one of the best attitudes of the current bunch for the last year or so. However well he's played, I think he works hard every time he plays. You can't challenge for trophies without that kind of attitude.

Yea I don't think Skipp is going anywhere. Too young and shown too much growth. Hojbjerg may leave next summer but Conte may love his attitude.

At this point I don't trust any of the player rumors, especially outgoing.
He’ll have Holjberg gone in Jan

I'd be surprised to see Skipp or Hojbjerg go anywhere. Hojbjerg's had one of the best attitudes of the current bunch for the last year or so. However well he's played, I think he works hard every time he plays. You can't challenge for trophies without that kind of attitude.
Hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom