Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In super excited for this new era, but boy do I have a renewed fear of injuries.

Conte is going to work this squad like dogs in training and in games. We all suspected Poch's training regime was making our squad more injury-prone towards the end, so I genuinely do worry about what could happen in this area with Conte, and we simply don't have the depth to juggles consistent injuries around the pitch.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit and I shouldn't worry so much, but I can't help but be concerned.

In super excited for this new era, but boy do I have a renewed fear of injuries.

Conte is going to work this squad like dogs in training and in games. We all suspected Poch's training regime was making our squad more injury-prone towards the end, so I genuinely do worry about what could happen in this area with Conte, and we simply don't have the depth to juggles consistent injuries around the pitch.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit and I shouldn't worry so much, but I can't help but be concerned.

His teams actually have quite a good injury record, AFAIK.

I'm looking forward to his press conferences. I can't wait to see him go off like this.

Everyone is really liking his first interview and a lot of comments about how calm and humble he seems in it. This is just the calm before the storm. We're going to see a lot of good and a lot of bad.

I'm still very excited about this appointment, don't get me wrong, but it isn't going to be sunshine and puppy dogs here on out.

Conte day 2 and first worried/negative post. Congratulations. :contethumb:

By the way, I can see where you are coming from but hope you are wrong.

What feels good with Conte is that we now can't blame the coach anymore. He's in his prime, he's a winner wherever he goes. He's easily among the top 5 managers in the world.

With this in mind, now it's up to the players. We will soon know if we have a team for top four, for winning a cup title. Or if we all along have overestimated the players.

And for the first time since match 3 I'm looking forward to watching sports again.

75a5ce23-5310-420d-b515-0ef684c7d932_560_420.jpg

Terry Tight Lips - Physio
Paulo Gonnawackayoo - Strategist
Luigi Wegonnarunalikadewind - Fitness Coach
Carlo Cudicini - Goalkeeping
Big Fat Paulie - Nutritionist
Gino Di Campo - Chef
Frankie Shuddupayoface - Psychologist
Tony Montana - Pharmacist
Gerry The Mole - Scout
Gianfranco "titch" Colombo - Muscle
Joe Pesci - Joe Pesci
😂 You really are a funny guy!!....

Stark contrast to Jose coming here all "I'm not your dad/friend I am here to be your manager" and the depressed reclusive Nuno.

More like the Poch/Arry days.

I thought that ""I'm not your dad" comment was awful and showed a complete lack of awareness. Dele wasn't asking him to be his dad. It might be the case that someone who hasn't had a great dad about might benefit from a little compassion from someone who presumably did and a little advice here and there where appropriate but even if Jose had decided not to go anywhere near that there was no need to say it and shame Dele for no good purpose.

By all accounts Dele's real dad wasn't really there for him, from what I recall reading, and that wasn't Dele's fault and he's got on with life the best he can and done alright despite not having the best support. The comment from Jose was an unneccesary verbal blow to hit the kid with. Clueless from Jose.

The truth is, as a manager, you have 30 odd kids and men who have different backgrounds and need different things each to get the best out of them. It's up to the managers to adjust to each individual. Really no different from any managerial job in any industry in that regard. Some you may not be able to help and get the best out of even if you try and with experience you might get rid ofthose players, but there is no need to be a cunt about it like Jose was.

Back
Top Bottom