Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Says the bloke who now claims to listen to the pod

LMFAO
Oohh just listen to you go
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sorry to disagree with you (you seem like a top bloke), but I actually thought it was deliberately reverse-psychology. Like that scene in the Simpsons, where Homer (as a stand-in spokes-person) says "Now, I'm not a big-city lawyer..." and the audience whisper to each other "Ohh, big city lawyer!" and clearly take the opposite message because it's distracting and sets the emotional response.

Saying 'I'm not your dad' and then proceeding to talk about how he could nurture Dele's talent was a great bit of man-management and showed knowledge of Dele's daddy-issues. He wanted Dele to look up to him and set a new role model.

You might be right that that was what he was attempting but clearly it didn't work and any half decent manager should know better, and person with experience of life, having met and spoken to other people from different backgrounds should know it's not a fair thing to say. I'm not surprised it didn't work because people have feelings and it doesn't take a lot to understand that someone who has grown up in his shoes, it's going to be touching on that person's sense of loss and having missed out. I bet it was the only thing Dele took from that meeting and I bet he couldnt get it out his head all day after that.

Anyway, hes gone, and now we've got Conte. I doubt Conte would make the same mistake.

Can we all agree now that Levy (for once) has done the right thing? Conte won’t hang around long if funds are not available for the players he the wants so Levy has stuck his neck out here

Can we all agree now that Levy (for once) has done the right thing? Conte won’t hang around long if funds are not available for the players he the wants so Levy has stuck his neck out here
Yes, Levy has done the right thing.

But it's all for absolutely nothing if he doesn't follow through. Every body and their grandmother knows that Conte demands immediate action. He isn't a "project manager" like Levy has teased along for the past ten years, and there's no room for meeting Conte halfway and saying "well, we tried."

Conte has a better eye for a player than Poch did, though. Conte is going to demand signings that will immediately impact the team, not trendy youth players on a hot streak that will need 18 months before integrating into the first team.

PEH isn't as creative as I'd like, but he at least looks like he gives a damn out there. More than I can say about 2/3 of our squad currently. Hoping that is about to change in a big way.

I don't mind him but I've seen washed up jellyfish create more than he does. Though it's not really his job to, to be fair.

Yes, Levy has done the right thing.

But it's all for absolutely nothing if he doesn't follow through. Every body and their grandmother knows that Conte demands immediate action. He isn't a "project manager" like Levy has teased along for the past ten years, and there's no room for meeting Conte halfway and saying "well, we tried."

Conte has a better eye for a player than Poch did, though. Conte is going to demand signings that will immediately impact the team, not trendy youth players on a hot streak that will need 18 months before integrating into the first team.
I still want players younger than 25 though, so if Conte does leave in 18 months, our squad will be stronger for it.
Romero aged 23 is the perfect blueprint. Young but already class.

I don't mind him but I've seen washed up jellyfish create more than he does. Though it's not really his job to, to be fair.
We’ve seen things from him in a Denmark shirt we haven’t at Spurs.

I’d say I have a fairly open mind about all of our midfielders as they transition to a system that is probably more different for them than anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom