Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the type of manager that would get the fans back on side. Yes he is a bit fiery, but what a brilliant manager he is. He would be a massive coup and is now free to talk to anyone, do it Levy. No brainer this.

Why are we always after ex Chelsea managers?
This attitude:

In particular, Pirlo recalled the first time he heard one of Conte’s pep talks. It was the summer of 2011, and both manager and midfielder had just joined Juventus. “Lads,” Conte said, “we’ve finished seventh each of the last two seasons. Crazy stuff; absolutely appalling. I’ve not come here for that. It’s time we stopped being crap.”

This attitude:

In particular, Pirlo recalled the first time he heard one of Conte’s pep talks. It was the summer of 2011, and both manager and midfielder had just joined Juventus. “Lads,” Conte said, “we’ve finished seventh each of the last two seasons. Crazy stuff; absolutely appalling. I’ve not come here for that. It’s time we stopped being crap.”
Haha yeah no way it's happening. He might hurt Winksy and Deles feelings :(

He doesn't seem to like hanging around at clubs for too long, does he? Definitely a great manager though that players will actually want to run through a brick wall for. I think he's a great character too and he would be not only a brilliant appointment for us, but also great for the Premier League.

The problem is his brand of football, not many are going to like it.

When you're doing well it quickly become somewhat irrelevant. People need to ask themselves would they prefer Conte, a born winner who like his sides to be solid and organized, or Graham Potter who will have us playing some easy on the eye football but ultimately highly unlikely to really get us anywhere?

I suddenly now fancy a pizza tonight while listening to a bit of Andrea Bocelli.

36456A0100000578-0-image-a-1_1468530858270.jpg

Conte after his first training session with our squad...
He will even lose his implanted hair.

When you're doing well it quickly become somewhat irrelevant. People need to ask themselves would they prefer Conte, a born winner who like his sides to be solid and organized, or Graham Potter who will have us playing some easy on the eye football but ultimately highly unlikely to really get us anywhere?
There's no guarantee we will win stuff with Conte, there's also no guarantee we will achieve nothing of note with Potter.

Back
Top Bottom